Bethpage Black players wanted

Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
I am looking to set up a foursome on May 8 to play the Black course at Bethpage. I will be calling in advance to reserve a foursome and will not camp in the parking lot for morning tee times, so it'll most likely be late morning or mid day for a secured spot. Unless people actually want to camp out for a morning spot, then I will join you. First come, first serve.

Keep in mind that this is a walk only course, caddies are available. NYS residents are around $85, out of state you are looking at close to $120.

Updated

Last edited:
I am looking to set up a foursome on April 30 or May 1 to play the Black course at Bethpage. I will be calling in advance to reserve a foursome and will not camp in the parking lot for morning tee times, so it'll most likely be late morning or mid day for a secured spot. Unless people actually want to camp out for a morning spot, then I will join you. First come, first serve.

Keep in mind that this is a walk only course, caddies are available. NYS residents are around $85, out of state you are looking at close to $120.[/QUOTE]

This is crazy to me. I remember paying $21 to play here when no one wanted to. Long before the Open came to town. I still haven't played it since the redo. One day I'll get back there.

I see you are in Brentwood. I literally learned how to play on that course. I would get there first thing in the a.m., help bring the carts out and play the whole day. I heard it's not in very good shape anymore, it used to be. Not sure how long you've been around there, Richie Loughlin was the head pro back in the day.

Hope you can fill out a foursome.

I won't be around for this. But will say that last summer when we played we had two out of state guys, and they got charged the state rate.

Already golfing with THP'ers that weekend, but that course is one I would love to play.

Wish I lived closer, and by closer I mean within a 4 hour drive. lol

Good luck filling you spot, but I don't know why wouldn't be able to...that would be a great day of golf with fellow THP'ers!

I won't be around for this. But will say that last summer when we played we had two out of state guys, and they got charged the state rate.

Still couldn't believe it as I was driving away

Tempting, lemme see if my buddy would want to make the trip with me. Can you bring your own pull cart?

Tempting, lemme see if my buddy would want to make the trip with me. Can you bring your own pull cart?

I encourage it. But it can be done without one

Yes, you can bring a push/pull cart

Man I would love to make the trip back to Bethpage.

I'll be goofing off in Ohio that weekend, but would definitely be interested in playing there another day.

I'll be goofing off in Ohio that weekend, but would definitely be interested in playing there another day.

Dude, if you ever pick a weekend to play there and have some advance notice let me know. I was literally talking about picking a weekend and making a trip out to NY to play there (and hopefully some other good courses) and would love to tee it up with you again!

On my list for sure one of these days. Might have to plan a late season trip one of these days when I am playing well.

Darn, I have family in town that day, but will be making my way up there to finally play the course this season one way or another.

I encourage it. But it can be done without one
I'd be curious if you took a vote from players who have played it both ways whether they would push, or whether they would carry. Seemed pretty split when we asked in the clubhouse afterwards (or maybe even beforehand).

I've only carried, and when I play it again, I plan on carrying again.

I'd be curious if you took a vote from players who have played it both ways whether they would push, or whether they would carry. Seemed pretty split when we asked in the clubhouse afterwards (or maybe even beforehand).

I will push and only push

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8oi5qch.jpg

Zero chance I would carry.

One spot left. Leaning towards May 1.

I will push and only push

You mean like me asking the guys in the pro shop, and the random couple of golfers in the parking lot? The answers were certainly split. I think on the type of day we played, I'd need to push. Just because of the extra bottles of water/Gatorade in the bag. Next time we play though I'm going to try and carry. Figure 2-3 rounds there this year might be able to give a good sample size right?

You mean like me asking the guys in the pro shop, and the random couple of golfers in the parking lot? The answers were certainly split. I think on the type of day we played, I'd need to push. Just because of the extra bottles of water/Gatorade in the bag. Next time we play though I'm going to try and carry. Figure 2-3 rounds there this year might be able to give a good sample size right?

That's a great sample size and I will still be pushing every time so just set the first round up already. I need another shot

That's a great sample size and I will still be pushing every time so just set the first round up already. I need another shot

that's because you can't tote that staff bag around haha

that's because you can't tote that staff bag around haha

That dam bag lol

Not trying to hijack your thread, but would anyone want to try and play Bethpage Black around June 24-26? I will be going as an out of state single, and would but up for playing pretty much anytime those days.

Back