The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling like I'm all alone & trying to balance everything going on is stressing me out. Something has to give.

You know I am here if you ever need to talk dude. I have been thinking about you.

So, our home course which traditionally has only charged us for coaches carts when hosting our tournaments dropped at 125/team bomb on us AT the girls tourney yesterday, we charge 150 and count on this to cover our other entry fees and nothing more, in the end we are going to clear about 200 for each the girls and boys tourneys, barely one of our other entry fees in the year. This is crushing. Absolutely crushing.

So, our home course which traditionally has only charged us for coaches carts when hosting our tournaments dropped at 125/team bomb on us AT the girls tourney yesterday, we charge 150 and count on this to cover our other entry fees and nothing more, in the end we are going to clear about 200 for each the girls and boys tourneys, barely one of our other entry fees in the year. This is crushing. Absolutely crushing.

Dude that is awful. I am not sure what you are planning on doing, and I know you hate to ask for $, but I am sure you could get some people to donate to help. Youth Golf is something we need to help keep growing the game.

Wow, that is a cheap move.

Wow, that is a cheap move.
Yep. I'm not sure what to do. It's not worth it to host really at this rate. I could go down the road and host it for 55 a team instead, but **** would hit the fan.

Feeling like I'm all alone & trying to balance everything going on is stressing me out. Something has to give.

Hang in there man, you have my number if you need someone to talk with or just banter with to take your mind off everything.

Yep. I'm not sure what to do. It's not worth it to host really at this rate. I could go down the road and host it for 55 a team instead, but **** would hit the fan.
I say let it. Dropping a fee like that AT a tourney is low class, they don't deserve any more business.

Move along and when they cry let them know about the BS they pulled. Any chance there is a new person running things at the course that may not have known the way it was in the past? I know with my line of work when there is a new person that comes in at one of our customers, we have to "train" them with how things work with us.

Got some jewels for this thread today. To start let's chat about American Airlines. My dad passed a little over a week ago and my nephew who is like a brother to me is stationed in San Diego at the moment with the Marines. He didn't want to miss the funeral but couldn't afford the tickets for he and his wife so I volunteered the funds to get him here. Left Tuesday morning with one stop at dfw and should have arrived Tuesday afternoon with the service being late Thursday afternoon. Their flight left 8 minutes late and a cluster**** ensued. Missed their connection at dfw. Next flight was at 8 pm. No problem still plenty of time. They get on the flight and somewhere over Mississippi decide to turn around and fly back due to low oil pressure. Next flight leaves at 10 in the morning. Still time on the clock. They board but the plane never leaves. At this point they've been in the airport for over 24 hrs. The next flight they had available was 12 PM next day and that would have them arriving after the funeral. What a joke. We tried to find a flight to four other airports and I was going to go pick them up. Nothing. So Thursday morning at around 9 the desk agent tells them there is room on a flight back to San Diego and they would just issue a refund to my card. Sucks but whatever I knew they were tired. Anyway charge was pending for a few days and then went through as permanent. Now they want me to pay. Dealing with their customer service has been horrendous. Hope I'm not out 2100.

Fast forward to yesterday. I come home from work to find the power out. My wife doesn't know what happened. I see the utilities guy pull up out front by the transformer and go chat with him. He says the transformer must have been jarred or shaking but can't figure out how. So I start looking around and notice that my cable box has been yanked off the house and the wire coming from the pole is missing. Somebody moved something large down my road and took my cable equipment with it. Mystery solved. Called Comcast and was told Saturday would be the earliest it could be fixed by no less than three shining examples of stupidity. Fine I'll fix it myself which I do deep into the night, at least temporarily. Then this morning as I get ready to leave for work a technician pulls up and starts on about how I can't do this and that. He luckily did his job and left in one piece.

It's amazing the level of customer service some companies display nowadays. Thats why when I find a company I like I'll pay more for good service.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I say let it. Dropping a fee like that AT a tourney is low class, they don't deserve any more business.

Move along and when they cry let them know about the BS they pulled. Any chance there is a new person running things at the course that may not have known the way it was in the past? I know with my line of work when there is a new person that comes in at one of our customers, we have to "train" them with how things work with us.

Home course, where we practice, so there are ramifications for moving the tournament.

Home course, where we practice, so there are ramifications for moving the tournament.

Welcome to the "creek", I'll be taking your paddle please. That really sucks man.

That is crazy, great way to discourage our youth golf!

Got some jewels for this thread today.

First of all, really sorry to hear about your dad.

Brutal customer service from AA. Hope you're able to get that money back. Hoping we can get together and tee it up somewhere this summer!

Taking notes in case we ever decide to host. Really sorry to hear about that, man.

First of all, really sorry to hear about your dad.

Brutal customer service from AA. Hope you're able to get that money back. Hoping we can get together and tee it up somewhere this summer!
Yeah for sure man. Not the way I wanted it to happen but now that I'm no longer a caregiver for him, I should have a bit more free time available. I'm sure others have had similar experiences with companies I like but an incident like that is enough to turn me off of a company for good unless there is just no other option, hence why I'm stuck with crapcast also.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This one pales in comparison to others in here, but the first day of work after a nice, long vacation is brutal. Had no cell service since Thursday, so I was hit with a flood of emails this morning. Time for another vacation!

This one pales in comparison to others in here, but the first day of work after a nice, long vacation is brutal. Had no cell service since Thursday, so I was hit with a flood of emails this morning. Time for another vacation!

The day after vacay is BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTAL for sure.

I was just told that Club Clash was rigged and that I already knew who was going to win. I kind of chuckled because 3 things came to me.

1. I am not involved in the testing of any drivers for Club Clash
2. People are going to photograph and post their own driver cards
3. How do they even know there is a top kind of ranking list

I really do believe that some people are incredibly unique.

I may tackle you when I see you. Out of joy of course.

I'm tackling Ryan to remind him that Auburn opens their season with Clemson.

Don't tell Ryan, though.

I was just told that Club Clash was rigged and that I already knew who was going to win. I kind of chuckled because 3 things came to me.

Wait does that mean I need to throw out my already filled out note cards?

Ties in with your story earlier today. Some people...

Seriously?

People never cease to amaze me in their NEED for a conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back