Bryson DeChambeau Signs with Cobra PUMA Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One week after being the low amateur at the 2016 Masters, Bryson DeChambeau makes it official and becomes a professional. Today Cobra PUMA Golf announces a multi-year partnership with the 22 year old, who last year became only the 5th player ever to win the NCAA Individual and the US Amateur in the same calendar year. DeChambeau is making his debut his week at the RBC Heritage on the PGA Tour.

And stay tuned to THP as we might be giving away this very special media kit soon.

FullSizeRender-L.jpg

IMG_1908-XL.jpg

FullSizeRender-1-L.jpg

I am astonished......

NO brainer there, I think this will be a solid partnership

if Cobra puts out 'his' set of irons... im gonna have to try them out

I still say it has the potential to be very good for Cobra.

He's quirky as hell, but he DOES have the potential to be very good, and they need someone other than just RF.

I think we all saw this coming...but good for him and Cobra/Puma Golf!

In all seriousness, I think this could be a good partnership. Also I dig that cap.

Can't wait to see the clubs and what comes from it.

Right now, he's still using the Edel irons for the range and practice rounds at the RBC.

Very cool. Is it announced that he is going to game the irons cobra made for him and he used in the Georgia am event this week or are they still a work in progress?

Love that hat!

Could be very good for Cobra.

Very cool. Is it announced that he is going to game the irons cobra made for him and he used in the Georgia am event this week or are they still a work in progress?

He's not using them on the range or in his practice rounds if that means anything.

I like this signing. It will be interesting to see how they market his equipment, specifically his irons and wedges.

A hot name for sure. Seems like a solid decision to sign him.

Can't wait to see the clubs and what comes from it.

Right now, he's still using the Edel irons for the range and practice rounds at the RBC.

I'm with you, would love to see what a possible production line from Cobra looks like with his stamp on it. Considering how long it took him and the folks at Edel to get everything franken-welded together, we might be waiting a while.

Next press release will be "Edel to partner with Cobra" :act-up:

He's not using them on the range or in his practice rounds if that means anything.

Actually despite whats being misreported by some places, he has two sets with him and is working with R&D to dial in the set that is perfect for him. How long that takes is to be determined.

Good for him. Great pairing with a company that will hopefully allow him to retain his own distinctive styling.

That hat looks dope!

Yes. Really like this move by everyone. Very quirky character, but hey, he's got potential! Great potential.

Actually despite whats being misreported by some places, he has two sets with him and is working with R&D to dial in the set that is perfect for him. How long that takes is to be determined.

#InternetWarriors

I received an email a short time ago welcoming him to #TeamBridgestone as well.

I'm happy for him but I just don't see this as a good fit.

Expected move here but I still think it's great for both parties. I'm excited to see the Cobra/Puma stable grow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hat in the media kit is pretty sweet.

I see this for the style aspect, curious as to how the equipment will work.

Back