Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

I'm pretty intrigued by a 60 in an L grind.

I have this and the few times on the course from tight lies it performed as I expected

I have this and the few times on the course from tight lies it performed as I expected

Nice. According to their site this grind is for firm conditions and more of a sweeping than digging swing, both of which match for me. I like my ATVs well enough but I am definitely tempted to give this a try. While I don't hit full shots with my 60 how does it perform on a 3/4 or 1/2 shot?

Nice. According to their site this grind is for firm conditions and more of a sweeping than digging swing, both of which match for me. I like my ATVs well enough but I am definitely tempted to give this a try. While I don't hit full shots with my 60 how does it perform on a 3/4 or 1/2 shot?

I haven't had a need to hit anything more than some chips around the greens in my one round with it so only partial swings I have take have been on the range of mats. Definitely needs more of the shallow/sweeper swing

They're heeeeeere!! Now to the chipping green and maybe some the range.

e32d7b5ad0f8949a326a9b921960d966.jpg

c7d67f888e710e2c4d1b7ccf46860b7c.jpg

d1ee63e3128b3b81d5c62c52971fbdbe.jpg

all that shipping talk and no pictures? I expected better from you.

all that shipping talk and no pictures? I expected better from you.
coming in a minute, I'm having technical difficulty ha ha

Edit. Added

All of a sudden, I want the chrome finish. That makes three different since they were announced. So maybe 50-54-58 one each of the matte black, steel gray, and chrome finishes.

All of a sudden, I want the chrome finish. That makes three different since they were announced. So maybe 50-54-58 one each of the matte black, steel gray, and chrome finishes.

You will get a good up close look when I return from ClubClash

Sharp rob

I really deliberated between the Satin and Chrome. They all look so good.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Sharp rob
Thanks man.

Went out with the 54 to the chipping green for about 30 minutes. . I'm in love with the Masters grind and low bounce on that head. It will be so versatile in the open firm conditions we have. But also has just enough bounce when you open it up to do nicely in the fluffy lies.

I think it will quickly become my go to club all around the green.

I wish they made the 54 in k grind

Perhaps but I like more bounce on my 54 and less on 58
Interesting as I used to be that way when I used my 54 as my primary bunker club. And I had low bounce on a 60. But I never mastered that.

This combination in theory should work very well for me. In theory.

Loving these wedges. The finish has held up surprisingly well!

Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

Crappy weather in Ohio pushed Titleist to cancel the fitting at my club and reschedule for next week. So, I've got an extra week to wait for these now...

Crappy weather in Ohio pushed Titleist to cancel the fitting at my club and reschedule for next week. So, I've got an extra week to wait for these now...
Bummer. But the good news is, they're worth the wait!!

May be too soon to ask this, but how well does the finish of the steel gray hold up?

Ive had my steel grey 56 and 60 for about 2-3 weeks now and i have decent wear on the face of the 56. But ive been using them lots on course and the range too... Ive also been using crappy range balls which doesnt help the cause. Ive got a bit of a 2 tone thing goin on and i reckon it looks kinda cool.... It would look better if i hit the middle of the face more..!!:clapp:

So here's the wear mark so far on my 50. Which I've spent the most time with out of all the wedges on the range.

b09b20060e50d31c54eef909ea1f39bd.jpg

It's exactly what I've expected and very consistent with what I saw from the SM5s. Anyone else seeing more or less wear? I'm seeing no wear what so ever on the sole which is nice but I expect at least this much on the face.

Last edited:
Not bad at all, I was expecting much worse honestly.

Not bad at all, I was expecting much worse honestly.
Same here dude. I was a bit nervous after hearing the finish didn't last but this is what I expected from this finish. After time that spot (hopefully only that spot lol!) Will turn chrome if these are consistent with the 5s and if that's the case I'm a happy camper.

Just placed an order for 48F, 52F, and 56M. Can't wait to get them.

So here's the wear mark so far on my 50. Which I've spent the most time with out of all the wedges on the range.

b09b20060e50d31c54eef909ea1f39bd.jpg

It's exactly what I've expected and very consistent with what I saw from the SM5s. Anyone else seeing more or less wear? I'm seeing no wear what so ever on the sole which is nice but I expect at least this much on the face.
I'm not sure what's more impressive, your small wear pattern or the finish holding up. Actually both!!

Back