What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Dicks (have a gift card) to try on a bunch of shoes. My Thoghts:
Puma Titantour ignite- I went in expecting to pickup these up, but of everything I tried on they were near the bottom in comfort to me. I was pretty disappointed because they are about my favorite in looks.

Adidas Boost 2- The clear winners in comfort, They were everything I look for in a golf shoe fit and comfort wise, they were very stable, fit snug but not tight, felt soft all around my foot and the footbed was amazing. They weren't heavy either. Not my favorite in looks but not the worst either

Nike LC4's not far behind in comfort, but they were even more soccer cleat/basketball shoe than I was prepared for. I just don't care for the style.

Footjoy DNA's- Pretty dang comfortable, I loved the footbed, but they felt unstable, my foot wanted to roll a bit more than I like

Puma Ignite- If I were going spikeless these would be them. These are what I expected the Biodrives to be, so much more comfortable IMO. I think I still prefer a shoe with some rise to it, but these just felt like house slippers

UA hybrids- Right up there with the Titantour ignites in uncomfortableness. They feel like cheap dress shoes to me. Felt way too boardy for a spikeless shoe

Adidas Powerband Tour- Not uncomfortable, but way behind the Boosts.

I tried on a few others that I can't remember, I really wanted to try on the FL Impacts but they didn't have them. 85% sure I will end up with the Boosts, just can't get that excited about them with the looks.

I've always had adidas shorts and pants in the stable, I've just not really been excited about the baggy nature of their pants despite loving the softer material. They've gone to another level this year, and comparisons to their former short/pant releases are almost laughable which I think it awesome considering I loved their old shorts for their lightweight design.

I wrapped up my spotlight review of the ultimate shorts last night, and am firmly in the mindset that people who haven't given adidas a shot recently need to change their pattern. I'll not only be wearing them often this year, I'll be buying more very soon. So good.

I feel the same way about Adidas. The puremotion "stretch" pants are awesome and last year and this years polo's have a great fit and fabric. I was always a puma/Nike person but my closet keeps getting more Adidas.

I went to Dicks (have a gift card) to try on a bunch of shoes. My Thoghts:
Puma Titantour ignite- I went in expecting to pickup these up, but of everything I tried on they were near the bottom in comfort to me. I was pretty disappointed because they are about my favorite in looks.

Adidas Boost 2- The clear winners in comfort, They were everything I look for in a golf shoe fit and comfort wise, they were very stable, fit snug but not tight, felt soft all around my foot and the footbed was amazing. They weren't heavy either. Not my favorite in looks but not the worst either

Nike LC4's not far behind in comfort, but they were even more soccer cleat/basketball shoe than I was prepared for. I just don't care for the style.

Footjoy DNA's- Pretty dang comfortable, I loved the footbed, but they felt unstable, my foot wanted to roll a bit more than I like

Puma Ignite- If I were going spikeless these would be them. These are what I expected the Biodrives to be, so much more comfortable IMO. I think I still prefer a shoe with some rise to it, but these just felt like house slippers

UA hybrids- Right up there with the Titantour ignites in uncomfortableness. They feel like cheap dress shoes to me. Felt way too boardy for a spikeless shoe

Adidas Powerband Tour- Not uncomfortable, but way behind the Boosts.

I tried on a few others that I can't remember, I really wanted to try on the FL Impacts but they didn't have them. 85% sure I will end up with the Boosts, just can't get that excited about them with the looks.

Great reviews Wake. Might have to try the boosts, I'm with you though not big on the looks.

Great reviews Wake. Might have to try the boosts, I'm with you though not big on the looks.

They were a little better in person. I really bet I would love the Tour360 boosts, they look great and I would assume are just as comfortable. But I just can't drop two hundy on shoes.

Nice recap there Austin!

Got this 99 classic hat today that a few of the players were wearing at the Masters. It might just be Nike's best hat and way more comfortable than the legacy mesh hats. The metal pendant thing in the back reminded me of the old TW shirts.

Gotta get one Mikeg_74!!

68d0c226c2a4940bfad6eaadd2194591.jpg

5bba5fa343e7eb1fb6dd8f5e34879410.jpg

Some new Kentwool socks and BB to the closet.

Used Code BREED for 20% off and the BB are on sale for $35 today

Also picked up a pair for the wife

ba4cca9ba17499e0df3953bd239b3420.jpg

Some new Kentwool socks and BB to the closet.

Used Code BREED for 20% off and the BB are on sale for $35 today

Also picked up a pair for the wife

ba4cca9ba17499e0df3953bd239b3420.jpg

Thanks for the code! I had been wanting to try the boxer briefs plus add another pair of the socks to my collection.. I got the email about the bb's this morning but still wasn't sure. That code just made the decision for me (saved me another $11).

I ended up with the Boost 2 shoes. Function won out, just unbelievably comfy.

Softest shirts I've ever put on... Royal golf is pretty awesome
358fe8c75af17b5291850a550dc4e736.jpg
b20231c9287849d94d09f9dbd5374682.jpg
dd3fe8d43453c1cc64da503c30675cf7.jpg
fba30629636fbefc95042aaec6550374.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up some more Travis Mathew and J. Lindeberg stuff. I'm so impressed with what I bought previously I had to have more.

Help a color blind dude match his clothes.

Two new shirts, the black one is black and green it looks more blue in the picture but it's not. I have black, dark gray, blue, khaki and white shorts. I'm thinking khaki or navy with the orange and blue shirt and black or gray with the black and green shirt, thoughts?

It's normally my wife's job, but she is out of town.
ab030b9a3aa1a5ca50daa6ce79f3aef2.jpg

Last edited:
814iF7ElhEL._UX575_.jpg

These came in today. I really like the looks and they felt good on the feet. I know they are a few years back in style, but I really liked the price I got them for.

Two new shirts, the black one is black and green it looks more blue in the picture but it's not. I have black, dark gray, blue, khaki and white shorts. I'm thinking khaki or navy with the orange and blue shirt and black or gray with the black and green shirt, thoughts?

Navy with the orange black with the black and green. What color are your boosts?

Dark gray or blue with with the orange. Black or gray with the black/green.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

White and navy,

Orange and navy shirt with navy shorts and navy boosts

white boosts white belt white hat (if you have it) to contrast the black shorts and black/green polo

Orange and navy shirt with navy shorts and navy boosts

white boosts white belt white hat (if you have it) to contrast the black shorts and black/green polo
Boosts are white with navy accents, didn't buy two pair.

Boosts are white with navy accents, didn't buy two pair.

Ahhh gotcha goes with the orange navy and if you have the belt/hat you're all set for the other script as well.

Thanks guys, confirmed my thoughts

814iF7ElhEL._UX575_.jpg

These came in today. I really like the looks and they felt good on the feet. I know they are a few years back in style, but I really liked the price I got them for.

I love these ones every time I see them in store. I just can't deal with how narrow they feel for me. I try them on every time I see them, hoping something has changed about them LOL.

814iF7ElhEL._UX575_.jpg

I love mine just don't wear them in any kind of dew because it's like they magnetically attract water.

Otherwise they are amazing!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My stupid body is right in between Puma sizes so nothing in my closet fits. Not very exciting, but new Adidas and Nike shorts (1 each) were entirely necessary so I can have something to wear to the Hogan event.
68dbe42756a3f2b03257af587247bb62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back