Cobra KING F6 Irons Review & Interview

Well what a fail trying to hit these at Dicks was today. Didn't seem like anyone was even working there. I tired to find someone and then had to walk out. I need to find another option...

Try GS. The one in Sterling has at least the 7i demo. The others down your way might have a full set.

I have not hit these but daddio picked up a full club with these irons. They are legit and look good too

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I wouldnt mind finding a extra clubs worth of distance

I have not hit these but daddio picked up a full club with these irons. They are legit and look good too

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Thanks Shane, a full club, plus noticably more height (which I needed) throughout the set. I replayed our match in my head the other night and realized something that about floored me. Only 1 of 15 full iron shots failed to carry within 10 yards of expectations. Yeah I went a bit long on a few or drew a couple too much but 14/15 super solid shots is beyond uncharted territory for me. And on an extremely windy day, gusty, swirling, too?

I wouldnt mind finding a extra clubs worth of distance
Definately give these a try 441. I'm a shorter hitter and love hitting 4-6 iron with these. It's fun deciding which iron (not hybrid or FW) to carry into these 180 to 195 yard pins now. I had a 9/9 success rate on these shots combining my match with Shane and my round yesterday. All 9 were spot on for distance and 5 were dancing. It's like someone else is hitting my long irons for me right now.

Thanks Shane, a full club, plus noticably more height (which I needed) throughout the set. I replayed our match in my head the other night and realized something that about floored me. Only 1 of 15 full iron shots failed to carry within 10 yards of expectations. Yeah I went a bit long on a few or drew a couple too much but 14/15 super solid shots is beyond uncharted territory for me. And on an extremely windy day, gusty, swirling, too?

Definately give these a try 441. I'm a shorter hitter and love hitting 4-6 iron with these. It's fun deciding which iron (not hybrid or FW) to carry into these 180 to 195 yard pins now. I had a 9/9 success rate on these shots combining my match with Shane and my round yesterday. All 9 were spot on for distance and 5 were dancing. It's like someone else is hitting my long irons for me right now.

Good stuff, hoping to try these out next week, and definitely looking forward to putting them up against my C200s

Good stuff, hoping to try these out next week, and definitely looking forward to putting them up against my C200s
Yes C200s were some I really wanted to try before getting my Cobras but just couldn't find any to compare here locally. The tech on the Wilson's makes a ton of sense. I look forward to your comparison. Should be helpful to a lot of us.

Attempt number 2 to hit these at Dicks was a little better. Someone actually tried to help me but the 2 bays were occupied and didn't look like either guys was getting out soon. I am determined to hit these irons

Man I really wasn't looking to get any new clubs, but everytime I come into this thread I get more and more tempted, might have to go try these out (and work some OT while it is still a little cold).

I pulled the trigger on a set of these last Saturday. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival! Had a fitting and tried a few different sets. Ap1's, c200, f6, and the forged tec. I am moving on from my g25's. I absolutely loved the sound and feel of the c200's but they launched really high and spun a ton. I wish I could have hit them with something other than the stock shaft. The fitting did bring up a couple things I didn't realize. First I should have been hitting stiff shafts, and second i needed a heavier shaft. My best numbers actually came with dg s300 shafts but I didnt care for the feel that much. We settled in on some c taper 120's I stiff 3* up. The feel and sound was much better. Not to mention launch angle, ball speed, and spin numbers were good. Also when I could keep my tempo smoother and swing speed around 93 I was launching at about 19* with 6500-7500 backspin , about 114-118 ball speed and 155-165 yards carry. 7 iron. I actually bought a 56* King wedge too and now have a new favorite club! Super excited to plan a round with these clubs. The look amazing. I'm pumped!

I pulled the trigger on a set of these last Saturday. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival! Had a fitting and tried a few different sets. Ap1's, c200, f6, and the forged tec. I am moving on from my g25's. I absolutely loved the sound and feel of the c200's but they launched really high and spun a ton. I wish I could have hit them with something other than the stock shaft. The fitting did bring up a couple things I didn't realize. First I should have been hitting stiff shafts, and second i needed a heavier shaft. My best numbers actually came with dg s300 shafts but I didnt care for the feel that much. We settled in on some c taper 120's I stiff 3* up. The feel and sound was much better. Not to mention launch angle, ball speed, and spin numbers were good. Also when I could keep my tempo smoother and swing speed around 93 I was launching at about 19* with 6500-7500 backspin , about 114-118 ball speed and 155-165 yards carry. 7 iron. I actually bought a 56* King wedge too and now have a new favorite club! Super excited to plan a round with these clubs. The look amazing. I'm pumped!

Nice pickup. I'm waiting for mine right now too. These things are awesome. I am thinking about going and picking up the King wedge this weekend but need to hit it a couple more times. Enjoy your new clubs.

Good stuff...when you expecting to have them? Did u go 4-aw?

Thanks kb. You too. I frickin love that wedge! It's the wide low grind. I pulled my vokeys out of the bag and they will be getting sold

Going to re-shaft these with DG Pro's tonight, finally, and take them out wed/thurs before I head to ClubClash, they won't be making that trip but I sooooooooooooooooooooooooo am craving getting them out on the course again.

Going to re-shaft these with DG Pro's tonight, finally, and take them out wed/thurs before I head to ClubClash, they won't be making that trip but I sooooooooooooooooooooooooo am craving getting them out on the course again.
We should talk

Wait a sec was there another reshaft in there somewhere and the red ties arent in there?

Wait a sec was there another reshaft in there somewhere and the red ties arent in there?

Red-Tie's are long gone my friend. I re-shafted these at the completion of this review as it was right when I started the KBS Tour FLTD review. Wanted to see if the heads still have the same performance traits with a much different shaft as well as working the FLTD out, and they do. They're silly, silly, silly good.

Red-Tie's are long gone my friend. I re-shafted these at the completion of this review as it was right when I started the KBS Tour FLTD review. Wanted to see if the heads still have the same performance traits with a much different shaft as well as working the FLTD out, and they do. They're silly, silly, silly good.

And now we are done talking.

But glad to hear the performance remained consistent for you with the swap a roo

And now we are done talking.

But glad to hear the performance remained consistent for you with the swap a roo

LOL! I thought that might change things.

100% serious though, these with those red-tie shafts, you would really enjoy. I really believe that.

Attempt number 2 to hit these at Dicks was a little better. Someone actually tried to help me but the 2 bays were occupied and didn't look like either guys was getting out soon. I am determined to hit these irons

You should just buy them. Did you look for a Pens jersey during your wait?

You should just buy them. Did you look for a Pens jersey during your wait?
I did actually look Mr. Beef... No dice.

If I buy them the wife will say but you have soo many golf clubs already. She ain't lying haha

I did actually look Mr. Beef... No dice.

If I buy them the wife will say but you have soo many golf clubs already. She ain't lying haha

As a preface, I own 2 sets of irons, 2 drivers, 1 3 wood, 1 5 wood, a 3hy, a 4hy, a 5hy, 2 putters, 3 cart bags, 1 pushcart, and 1 electric caddy. That said, my wife says the same thing to me (almost word for word). I just point at the walk-in closet she has that is devoted solely to her shoes and purses.

I was inches away from buying a set of these. In the end it was the fact that I got a little better performance from the XR Pro irons, and the finish, that caused me to pass on them. I mean I really like the finish on them, but I know that I would not like the looks of them as the finish starts to wear off.

I was inches away from buying a set of these. In the end it was the fact that I got a little better performance from the XR Pro irons, and the finish, that caused me to pass on them. I mean I really like the finish on them, but I know that I would not like the looks of them as the finish starts to wear off.
Similar distances?

Similar distances?

Very close, a bit higher ball speed on average with the XRP's. I should mention that I hit these left more than the XRP's too, but that's just from the offset. Not that offset causes me to hook, it's that offset irons look open to me when they are aligned correctly and I have a tendency to set up with them closed. And somehow knowing that doesn't seem to make me stop from doing it often.

Couldn't get out to hit these today thanks to the day from hell but these are simply awesome to look at. They will be broke in tommorow at the range.
99ae7ead6e5e0c893df5e917b4355f08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back