The Curling thread (Spoilers)

Bumping this one because it's the only curling thread we have!

Women's curling is on NBC Sports Channel. They are in extra ends. Up for grabs is an automatic berth for the U.S. Olympic Trials.

Men's curling comes on at 3 PM Central on the same channel.

Thanks Smalls. I will be watching at 4. Love me some curling. One of the events in the Winter Olympics I really try to watch. Sadly they don't show enough of it though.

Just tuned in... I am pumped to get my fix of curling, as I rarely get to watch it in Ohio.

This game is fun to grab a beer and kill an hour or so to. Some impressive skills and strategy.

This a great event to watch....once every four years during the wi tee Olympics

Just tuned in... I am pumped to get my fix of curling, as I rarely get to watch it in Ohio.

This game is fun to grab a beer and kill an hour or so to. Some impressive skills and strategy.

Pumped for people sweeping ice with a broom? Come to NJ and we can be pumped together in mu back yard. Drinks are on me.

I forgot about the stones. Stones, brooms and ice. Sounds excellent.

Hey, some folks like watching guys in tights shove each other, and some like to watch rocks get shoved down a patch of ice. To each their own broseph.

Hey, some folks like watching guys in tights shove each other, and some like to watch rocks get shoved down a patch of ice. To each their own broseph.

Hahaha I suppose. I actually enjoy watching it during the Olympics.

Get in their, well done Team GB :banana:

you want to know hot on ice? look up latvian curler Claudia Toth

WOW!! Just WOW!!

I love curling and have even done it a few times. Cool sport but the rules on scoring are a little tricky to grasp.

WOW!! Just WOW!!

I love curling and have even done it a few times. Cool sport but the rules on scoring are a little tricky to grasp.

You get points for how many rocks you have closer to the centre than the other teams closest rock. Curling is so much fun.

This. Truth be told the rules for curling aren't that hard to understand. Truthfully curling is a lot like chess, easy to grasp HOW to play, but difficult actually PLAYING.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/photos/galleryid=424719.html#the+women+curling?__source=msnhomepage&GT1=39003

I never really watched curling before but with this ESPN Streak game having several curling events in it I think a lot of us have been watching it on TV during The Olympics. Strange sport, but actually pretty fun to watch. I also think the men and women could go head to head in this with no one having an edg

EDIT: Renamed the thread as a catch-all for all things curling.

Actually the men would probably never lose a match to the women, in this caliber. The women cannot get the take out speed that the men can.
And congrats to Canada for taking home the gold in womens. Now the men just have to do the same.

I just found a local curling club, I'm not gonna lie, I may want to try it out sometime!
http://www.usacurl.org

The Curling thread (Spoilers)

Bronze for team GB means our most successful Winter Olympics since the '20's (1 gold and 2 bronze in case you were wondering :lol: ). Up early to cheer David Murdoch and the boys as they chase gold.

Hey, just so you know, Curling is on NBCSN right now.

I love me some curling!!!

Hahaha kinda funny this pops up today. I would have figured a Canadian started it ?

So this is actually shuffleboard on ice with brooms??? I could drink something watching that!!!

Love watching curling. I think it would be a fun thing to do during the winter but never tried it. Got hooked during the last Winter Olympics.

Curling is one of my all time favorite sports. I got hooked when I was in college. Going to watch curling in the Olympics is on my bucket list.

Haha funny to see this thread pop up. Was just watching us vs Japan I randomly found. I enjoy watching now and then.

Back