Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

To cap off a ridiculous Thurs-Sat of NEO golf I just booked a $15 hotdeal at Fowlers Mill of all places for Friday morning!!

Firestone South - Thurs
Fowlers Mill - Friday
The Quarry - Saturday

The only thing better is if I could have afforded the travel expenses and been on my way to Club Clash! I think this is a good substitute for staying in the area!

That is a legit test of golf right there. Will give you a good idea of where your game is at and might expose a few flaws you never noticed. Either way have fun, if I had more time on Saturday I wanted to go to the quarry just was going to cut things a bit close.

That is a legit test of golf right there. Will give you a good idea of where your game is at and might expose a few flaws you never noticed. Either way have fun, if I had more time on Saturday I wanted to go to the quarry just was going to cut things a bit close.

13.2 index right now who's betting over/under after these 3 rounds? It's gonna be a test!

To cap off a ridiculous Thurs-Sat of NEO golf I just booked a $15 hotdeal at Fowlers Mill of all places for Friday morning!!

Firestone South - Thurs
Fowlers Mill - Friday
The Quarry - Saturday

The only thing better is if I could have afforded the travel expenses and been on my way to Club Clash! I think this is a good substitute for staying in the area!

Damn that is a good couple days.

I'm trying to get out Sunday morning.

Good question. Depends on the tees I suppose. I know quarry the greens are actually fairly flat, but quick. I only played once though and that was in like 2009. Haven't played the others. Assuming you keep the drives in play I say 12.3 index after you add the 3 rounds. Depends on how many you have though. If you still aren't up to 20 rounds then there could be a big swing one way or another.

Ok so here are my thoughts about our little "league" we can do this year.

Each "gathering" of 6 or more people will count as a tournament. If in a month someone attends more than 2 of these, they can use their 2 best scores points wise to count for the total.

All of these will be handicapped and go off of "Net Score". If 9 people show up, the 1st place gets 9 points, 2nd gets 8 and down the line.

Yesterday was easy handicap wise since we all played from the same tees. In the situations were that is not the case, the tee that the most people play form in a given round will be the "baseline" and for those that move up or back from those tees will need to calculate their new index for the round based off of that.

We can run this through October (to align with handicap season). If you can show up for a round great, if not this is all for fun so its really no big deal.

With that in mind, here are the updated standings through Roses Run

1. Robozeo-Net 76 wins 11 points
2. Mmaynard11-Net 80 (tie) wins 9.5 points
3. PhillyV-Net 80 (tie) wins 9.5 points
4. Hamfist-Net 81 wins 8 points
5. Mikedean441-Net 82 (tie) wins 6.5 points
6. Grins-Net 82 (tie) wins 6.5 points
7. Robman7-Net 84 wins 5 points
8 Gunner-Net 86 wins 4 points
9. Ppania-Net 87 wins 3 points
10. Misike-Net 89 wins 2 points
11. Ntanygd760-Net ? wins 1 point

If something doesnt look right with the above, or you have any questions, let me know
Quoting for CC

Good question. Depends on the tees I suppose. I know quarry the greens are actually fairly flat, but quick. I only played once though and that was in like 2009. Haven't played the others. Assuming you keep the drives in play I say 12.3 index after you add the 3 rounds. Depends on how many you have though. If you still aren't up to 20 rounds then there could be a big swing one way or another.

You don't have to ask the tees when it's gunner and I. Just sayin....he makes me tip it out.

I am either playing Big Met tomorrow or putting in 4 hours at the range not sure which yet.

You don't have to ask the tees when it's gunner and I. Just sayin....he makes me tip it out.
Even at Firestone South?

South Course from the tips! Well at least #16 just because

I'm playing here this weekend. Anyone is welcome to join.

Hopefully some Indiana boys see this between all the Ohio posts....

As your king, I am reposting this with the expectation (in hopes) that some more Indiana/NW Ohio peeps will see it and join in on Saturday at Brookwood.

So let it written, so let it be done!

As your king, I am reposting this with the expectation (in hopes) that some more Indiana/NW Ohio peeps will see it and join in on Saturday at Brookwood.

So let it written, so let it be done!

I can not make it this Saturday, but I will make it over a couple of times this year to join you guys.

11am at Big Met with my cousin tomorrow for me.

Last edited:
I see how it is. Us Indianaians, Indians? I'm not sure, aren't good enough to be invited to sign up. It's cool. 

We'll still invade anyways, we always do.

Hoosiers :)

No worries buddy. Plenty of time this year!

GregDan,

amsmith and I are playing in Indy on Sunday around 9am. You're welcome to come join if you'd like.

GregDan,

amsmith and I are playing in Indy on Sunday around 9am. You're welcome to come join if you'd like.
I might be able to. I'll see what's going on and let you know.

Greens still sucked at Big Met they haven't come back well and they got punched a little over 2 weeks ago I think, probably mostly a weather thing, hard for grass to grow under the snow. Rest of the course was in good shape besides being wet and a bit muddy in a few spots. Looks like they are focusing on getting the fairway lines back to what they used to be. Several fairways were being cut noticeably different from the end of last year. Shot an ugly 83

Ok so I'll start a list for Saturday. Right now there are a ton of tee times available on golf now so the sooner we book the better.

Saturday April 16
Sweetbriar GC in Avon Lake, OH
Tee times around 8:30am

Who's in?
PhillyV
DavidWinchell
hickerad
Robman7
Ryan.Humphris
cbaker2882
ntanygd760

Bumping this. Need one more still

62 degrees tomorrow and sun for our little Firestone CC group! Damn it's going to be a great weekend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

62 degrees tomorrow and sun for our little Firestone CC group! Damn it's going to be a great weekend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, work got in the way this time. hopefully next year. I still have a dozen from the last time I did it

Back