Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Was playing Auburn Hills in Wichita KS today. #4, Par 3 playing 153 just slightly down wind. Don't want to be short as it is over water, not much room if you go over green. Figured I would hit an easy 6 iron, nice high towering shot with just a bit of draw coming back to the pin. Then wow, it flies the green, hits the cart path bounces super high, :bulgy-eyes: (cart path behind green makes horseshoe turn) hits the cart path again a second time and flies over the tips teebox for the next hole and goes into the gunk. Only thing we could was laugh.

135y par 3 at my home course. Long is OB. There’s about a 50 foot tall tree behind the green.

I walked up on a foursome of half drunk college guys who had all dropped $10 on the tee box for closest to the pin.

3 guys hit; decent shots.

4th guy pulls 6i. Crushes it - waaaay too much club. I think he meant to hit his 9i, but he was several beers deep.

So it’s sailing towards OB, but it hit the top of the tree, and - no kidding - the thing dropped on the green about 2 feet from the flag.

The other guys didn’t want to pay him the pot and looked to me as the impartial observer for a ruling. I said pay the man... he’s closest to the pin.

Was playing Auburn Hills in Wichita KS today. #4, Par 3 playing 153 just slightly down wind. Don't want to be short as it is over water, not much room if you go over green. Figured I would hit an easy 6 iron, nice high towering shot with just a bit of draw coming back to the pin. Then wow, it flies the green, hits the cart path bounces super high, :bulgy-eyes: (cart path behind green makes horseshoe turn) hits the cart path again a second time and flies over the tips teebox for the next hole and goes into the gunk. Only thing we could was laugh.

Oh wow, I’ve been long there a lot but usually just in the rough on either side of the path. That’s no cake walk coming back especially if the flag was where it was Saturday.

We seriously need to meet up there soon.

Oh wow, I’ve been long there a lot but usually just in the rough on either side of the path. That’s no cake walk coming back especially if the flag was where it was Saturday.

We seriously need to meet up there soon.

Next time I can get down there to play I will give you a heads up a couple days early.

I had a doe walk out on me in the middle of my swing. S****** it right into her side

130 yard par 3, tee box is a good 50-60 ft above the green. There is a lake in front of the hole. I completely miss hit and topped my ball with my 9-iron and it was heading straight for the drink. But since I topped it the ball was flying like a frozen rope and I started chanting “It’s going to skip, it’s going to skip!” The ball skipped off the water and started rolling towards the green. My friend started saying that if it went in the hole he was going to give up golf. The ball came within 6 inches of rolling into the hole! Ended up rolling past the hole about 15-20 ft still on the green. Nice 2 putt later and I’m walking off with a par.

130 yard par 3, tee box is a good 50-60 ft above the green. There is a lake in front of the hole. I completely miss hit and topped my ball with my 9-iron and it was heading straight for the drink. But since I topped it the ball was flying like a frozen rope and I started chanting “It’s going to skip, it’s going to skip!” The ball skipped off the water and started rolling towards the green. My friend started saying that if it went in the hole he was going to give up golf. The ball came within 6 inches of rolling into the hole! Ended up rolling past the hole about 15-20 ft still on the green. Nice 2 putt later and I’m walking off with a par.

i did the same thing. after the round we decided to play another 18. sure enough on the same hole i did it again, but this time it only skipped 2 times before landing on the green. now every time we get to that hole my buddy always brings it up.

I have one from several years ago. Was in a sand trap that felt hard under my feet, but didn't think it would matter too much. In my view was the green, maybe 20-25 feet or so to the hole, then about 10 yards of rough on the other side of the green, then a fence, and a drop off to a creek/River area. Dig in to hit the shot and the club skidded and the ball shoots over the green, over the rough, and over the fence. Then a sound of the ball hitting something, it shoots up in the air and lands on the green. Must have just hit a rock at the perfect angle to bounce back that far.

My only 300+ yard drive ever bounced off of a turtle at about 250 and flew another 75 yards.

Last edited:
i did the same thing. after the round we decided to play another 18. sure enough on the same hole i did it again, but this time it only skipped 2 times before landing on the green. now every time we get to that hole my buddy always brings it up.

Haha that’s awesome!

I saw a guy a couple of weeks ago playing a par 3 at about 170 yds and instead of hitting towards the green, he rifles it at a guy in a passing boat..... @H8tobogie

okay, maybe it was a shank, but it was at the guy in the boat

I saw a guy a couple of weeks ago playing a par 3 at about 170 yds and instead of hitting towards the green, he rifles it at a guy in a passing boat..... @H8tobogie

That was awesome! For a fleeting moment I thought he was going to hit that boat. Directionally on target just not enough club.

A 230 yard 6-iron? Nice!

That was awesome! For a fleeting moment I thought he was going to hit that boat. Directionally on target just not enough club.

If it wasn't for the transfusions I would have nailed him. I was off balance. :)

Playing hole 9 at Gatlinburg Golf Course in Tennessee. It's an uphill par 5 with a road all the way down the left side and a pine tree line between that road and the cart path. The road has a curb on both sides and runs all the way down to the main road for the strip in Pigeon Forge which is crazy touristy. I hit my driver really well, but it is right on the tree line kind of where you can't tell if it's going to be ok or not. My next buddy gets ready to hit and takes his practice swing and sets to hit and here comes my ball rolling down the middle of the road to our left. Couldn't see it in time to stop it and this road has a lot of traffic. Anyway we all stopped and watched it go. Maybe 400 yards behind us the road sweeps left through a T stop and becomes a 4 lane and it rolled that direction. Given there were curbs all the way down it was going to end up somewhere interesting, but the last we saw it was about 700 yards or so behind where we were standing still rolling down the highway LOL!

I watched a guy hit his 6i almost 350 yards.

Par 3, uphill, 190.

Hits his shot, pushes it right. There is one lone skinny tree out there in a sea of crap. Hits the tree, it goes back towards the green. Hits the cart path and takes a high bounce, comes down just green side of the cart path. Dribbles back to the cart path. Slowly works its way down the winding cart path to the ladies tees, about 10 yards in front of us.

Took almost a minute for the complete shot.

Another funny one was in my simulator.

My SO hit her driver, it went hard right, hit the support pole, came right back and nailed her in the lady bits.

She went down yelling "I got hit in the nuts!"

Playing hole 9 at Gatlinburg Golf Course in Tennessee. It's an uphill par 5 with a road all the way down the left side and a pine tree line between that road and the cart path. The road has a curb on both sides and runs all the way down to the main road for the strip in Pigeon Forge which is crazy touristy. I hit my driver really well, but it is right on the tree line kind of where you can't tell if it's going to be ok or not. My next buddy gets ready to hit and takes his practice swing and sets to hit and here comes my ball rolling down the middle of the road to our left. Couldn't see it in time to stop it and this road has a lot of traffic. Anyway we all stopped and watched it go. Maybe 400 yards behind us the road sweeps left through a T stop and becomes a 4 lane and it rolled that direction. Given there were curbs all the way down it was going to end up somewhere interesting, but the last we saw it was about 700 yards or so behind where we were standing still rolling down the highway LOL!

Know the hole well. I wonder how many cars have been hit between holes 7-9. Probably not many on 8 but I guess it could happen.

I was almost on the road near the green of #7 after my 2nd shot. People were driving by yelling at me the whole time. Even got a "nice shot"
from the man sitting there when I played my shot. LOL!!!

In a scramble last summer, the local semi-private course has some serious par 3's. One is a downhill 200 yarder to a tiny green (well its wide but shallow). There are some trees with landscaped areas underneath on the back side of the green which sit quite a bit above the surface of the green. We had two shots around the green, the last guy says "I wanna be sure I get one there" and pulls a 5 wood. I'm guessing it his 200 yard club but the green is 45 feet lower than the tee box. He hits a low screamer and no one really saw it come down.

It was a hole-in-one contest hole and there were a couple of college kids acting as official spectators sitting off the side of the green. We get down there and surprisingly find two balls on the putting surface (mine was closest, we all missed the putt) but can't find the last guy's ball. We ask the kids if the saw anything? The girl says, "I feel like one flew into the trees behind the green...?" Ahh thanks... glad it didn't hit you in the skull since you paying such good attention.

Anyways we look around a bit and gave up... playing the next hole which the fairway is 75 yards beyond the trees behind the last green and the guy finds his ball. It was straight up the hill so his tee shot on the par 3 must have hit one of the landscaping rocks and jettisoned into the fairway... probably traveled in the 280 yard range...

Back