Give it up to Gary

*Range Rat

Chop since 1977
Reaction score
Handicap
poor skill
Tremendous performance, he was cold as ice and never flinched. Even more amazing was how he made wearing a Wilson golf cap cool. Well done Gary, well done.

Dude was straight nails down stretch, proud of that dude...

And the shoes.....man o man love it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You talk about someone that didn’t let mistakes get to him. Just when you thought he was going to give up a shot or two to the field, he buckled down and made some shots. Great win by Gary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great finish. That putt on 18 won the pool for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hell of a final round, and he had some major clutch shots and Dave's that kept him in it.. that flop on 17!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So happy for him to finish this out. Very well deserved.

Indeed. His resilience was fantastic.

True focus and determination was on display. I just wanted to reach in the TV and bend the brim of his hat just a little bit.

Amazing round from Woodland! Great win!

I remember Tiger talking about Gary Woodland some time ago but he never managed to break through. This win was a signature performance and hopefully a break through win for an amazing golfer. Welcome to the big time Gary!

I thought this thread was about Molten.
Woodland did ok today also.

Congrats to Woodland, that was an exciting final round. I loved how he was aggressive when he needed to be and played it safe on holes where all he needed was par. That birdie on 18 was lit! Great win for Gary.

Helluva performance by Woodland especially with pressure from Koepka and he never got rattled. He should wear those shoes every tournament from now until he retires!

I loved seeing the W/S shield on display all weekend.

For a guy who had just won his first major and literally walking through the biggest moment of his career to take 2minutes out of his press whirlwind and hour or so after the tournament to take and or make a face time call from his biggest fan (Amy Bockerstette) is pretty astounding. Shows you exactly who he is as a human. There are 98% of other players who wouldn’t allocate that time in that moment to that person for that reason. “I used your positive energy...”YOU were awesome”.

Catapulted him to the top of the list in my personal book.

I got a little misty when I watched the piece on Amy. She IS awesome.

Amen. Great win for Woodland. He was cooler than the other side of the pillow and hit the shots he needed to when he needed to the most. I found myself torn between cheering for Koepka because he was chasing history (and because he never seems to get the respect that he deserves) and cheering for Woodland because he was chasing his first major and because he was rocking the Wilson shield. Wilson always makes really great proucts but never gets the respect they deserve either because they dont have a huge tour presence and dont spent as much on marketing as the others do.

Very happy that Gary won! He has the type of game that can win a lot more now that he knows he can win a major. Very impressive round under pressure and the fact that he beat Koepka who is having one of the most impressive streaks in the last 50 years makes the victory even more special.

That is simply awesome. Major kudos to Gary!!

My favorite part of the entire tournament was Gary walking up the 18th yesterday after his third shot landed center of the green. He stopped, turned towards the ocean, and just looked. The cameraman was able to get an great view of him, and I still don't know how he kept it together. What a powerful moment to me!

He jumped to #12 in the OGWR, #3 in Ryder Cup points and #5 in FedEx Cup points. That's great for him.

I’ll always support my fellow countrymen, and really wanted to see Rose win. But fair play to Woodland, he played great and was the deserved winner. Looking at social media seems a pretty popular guy too.

Really enjoyed the weekend. Gary is a good guy. There is too much evidence to say anything else. Happy for Wilson too. They are both like the little engine that could. Except one has earned over 24 million in his career and the other is a huge multi- sport company. Still its a good story.

Awesome win, and I bet Wilson Staff is excited about him winning with their blades in his bag.

Back