Rambler - #THPCallOut - 5/1

Hi, Dan! I did some work, today, prepping for this... Unfortunately, the golf part of the preparation sucked a$$, so I started working on my tolerance...

2f1c5be2281588998b9440e160ff5bc3.jpg

I've Gotta go with Canadan. Rambler won't be able to figure out which club to pull, and if he does, it'll be stuck in the bag there are so many clubs ? Although he seems to hit the new CF's well. Should be a fun match!
Team trader! Rambler all the way!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Saw PhillyV posted pairings for the weekend - going to be a fun 4-some on Sunday morning. Looking forward to seeing how I fair against Canadan. I know he'll bring an A-game, so I better do the same.

I hear Canadan really likes Cleveland wedges... Maybe I'll surprise him and replace his beloved, but aging J15s. 3 dots on those wedges, right? I'm sure he'd appreciate that. :alien:

Team trader! Rambler all the way!

Meh... dhartmann is spending most of his mental fortitude trying to figure-out his driver swing, so I'll forgive him the lapse in judgment. LOL.

Fun facts:

1 - I am no longer allergic to Cleveland wedges
2 - Your hot dog post made me happy
3 - I will NOT presume an early victory! QUIT BAGGING!

Dan shooting par will be hard to beat, even with pops. I am inclined to go with Canadan.

Taking Rambler in this one! Dan is always a tough opponent though! ApexCFs vs. J15 CBs. A battle of irons sets that I want in my bag.

Fun facts:

1 - I am no longer allergic to Cleveland wedges
2 - Your hot dog post made me happy
3 - I will NOT presume an early victory! QUIT BAGGING!

Bagging? Pfft... I'm bringing whatever my cap is and running with it.

Hot dogs can be good; that one was not the best I've had (and, it obviously wasn't the worst) - I suspect the grilled dogs at the Vedda residence will hit the spot.

My plan, as it is for every single round, is a lot of pars, give myself a chance at a few birdies, and avoid big numbers. Basically, I need to play like I did yesterday... Uneventful enough that @dhartmann34 didn't even notice I was having a decent round. LOL. Would love nothing more than to have both of us playing well, and taking this into 18 with everything on the line.

Bagging? Pfft... I'm bringing whatever my cap is and running with it.

Hot dogs can be good; that one was not the best I've had (and, it obviously wasn't the worst) - I suspect the grilled dogs at the Vedda residence will hit the spot.

My plan, as it is for every single round, is a lot of pars, give myself a chance at a few birdies, and avoid big numbers. Basically, I need to play like I did yesterday... Uneventful enough that @dhartmann34 didn't even notice I was having a decent round. LOL. Would love nothing more than to have both of us playing well, and taking this into 18 with everything on the line.
Yeah, as long as you leave the PINGs in the bag, you will have a very good chance. Those are MONEY for you. And to be fair... It's hard for me to notice your round when I'm off in the trees searching... ?

hmmmm.. I'm going to have to do this the old fashion way, huh.

Good golf shots will be expected, and hopefully, required.

Good golf shots will be expected, and hopefully, required.
You will have a tough time, Canadan will be angry after going 0-2 on Sat

You will have a tough time, Canadan will be angry after going 0-2 on Sat

Ohhhh snap! #THPCallOut trash talk is going across threads. Speaking of which, greggdrews... It's about time for a GnR throwdown...

In an interesting strategy, Rambler has exceeded his PM limit in an attempt to avoid further stake discussion.

Intriguing. I think he's managed to get in my head.

Shhhh... I have a reputation to keep. The "quiet" guy tends to sneak up on folks.

I'll have my WITB updated prior to the match.

Psh quiet guy...this guy's got jokes!

As far as the match goes, this is a tough one, but I think I gotta go with Rambler for the simple fact that I've played with him before and know what he's capable of.

In an interesting strategy, Rambler has exceeded his PM limit in an attempt to avoid further stake discussion.

Intriguing. I think he's managed to get in my head.
From the 441 school of match play gamesmanship. (And I do need to clear that out more)
Psh quiet guy...this guy's got jokes!

As far as the match goes, this is a tough one, but I think I gotta go with Rambler for the simple fact that I've played with him before and know what he's capable of.
My strategy, against low index players, consists of trying to bring my best game with me, and catching the other guy on a slightly off day. It has almost worked... LOL.

OK, so I think we've settled on 8 pops. If I feel like a little more risk after taking greggdrews to the woodshed on Saturday, maybe I'll go down to 7 (unlikely, because while I plan on beating greggdrews, my Mamma didn't raise no dummy, and Canadan has all the game I can handle).

Course is interesting... Assuming we're playing from the back, it'll be close to 6800. However there is a big difference between the 9s. 3200 on the front, and 3600 on the back. That's a doozy of a yardage difference. I'll be hoping for less-wet conditions on that back 9, LOL.

OK, so I think we've settled on 8 pops. If I feel like a little more risk after taking greggdrews to the woodshed on Saturday, maybe I'll go down to 7 (unlikely, because while I plan on beating greggdrews, my Mamma didn't raise no dummy, and Canadan has all the game I can handle).

Course is interesting... Assuming we're playing from the back, it'll be close to 6800. However there is a big difference between the 9s. 3200 on the front, and 3600 on the back. That's a doozy of a yardage difference. I'll be hoping for less-wet conditions on that back 9, LOL.

6800 is a long way home in the cold wet air for par 71. I'm up to play whatever distance you want, although if we move up to the whites you might lose that 8th pop!

So many long par 4's. Go whites!

6800 is a long way home in the cold wet air for par 71. I'm up to play whatever distance you want, although if we move up to the whites you might lose that 8th pop!

So many long par 4's. Go whites!
Yeah, if conditions are going to be soft, I'm perfectly OK with going shorter.

Yeah, if conditions are going to be soft, I'm perfectly OK with going shorter.

The heck with conditions. More than half of the par 4's on that course seem to be 425+. That's a silly way to gain yardage for them. #WhiteTeesErrday

Back