How long / how many rounds do you play the SAME ball ?

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure if there is a thread already but the birdie thread got me thinking about this. So how many holes have you gone before you lost a golf ball? I just went 66 before slicing one into the pond yesterday. Think its the longest I have made it.

48 was my best!

I've gone well north of 100. I swapped it out multiple times due to wedge grooves though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gone well north of 100. I swapped it out multiple times due to wedge grooves though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over 100 that's great.

3 rounds with one ball is my best.

17 holes. Never a full 18. My home course has much trouble and forced carries so I tend to lose one or two a round there. I was playing great that day and overcooked one just a bit on the 18th. Cleared the 200-220 yard creek took a hard bounce and veered left into the pond.

There is another thread on this somewhere. If memory serves I've gotten to just short of 72 holes.

183. And I didn't lose it, I just stopped playing it. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-s-the-most-holes-you-ve-played-with-one-ball

yzy8ures.jpg

Sometimes I got 18 holes without losing a ball, other times, I lose it on the first hole. Crazy game.

Llongest ever was 54 holes but that was in Pinehurst on two courses that were virtually impossoble to lose a ball on. otherwise it is probably around 24 to 30.

If you are taking any ball, easily around 200 as I very rarely lose them. Don't really hit them far enough these days to get into too deep of trouble. If you are talking the same ball, 54 holes as I always retire them to the practice ball lot after 3 rounds.

played 3 new courses and one day was 36, but made it 66 holes before I sliced the ball into the pond

54 with the same ball as I switch them out after 3 rounds.

Maybe 9 holes. :)

I got through my last round without losing one, and that is unheard of for me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Somewhere around 30-35 I think. Don't believe it's ever been a full 2 rounds.

35 for me. Lost it on 18 the second time around. Typically I'm thrilled if I can get through 9 with one. I lost 6 balls on one hole the other day.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I think 42 holes is my longest

I never use a ball for more than a round. I don't lose a ton when I am playing with people and I actually look for them but some rounds can get ugly if there is lots of OB and houses and water. I would say using more than 1 ball in a round is way way more common then using the same one for the entire round.

I do not approve of this thread. :alien:

As if I could keep a single ball in play for 18 holes at my home course..... when I do, it is a feat.

Probably the longest streak of non-consecutive holes is in the 30 neighborhood.

I think I'm at about 30. I know I've never had two rounds back to back without loosing one.

Stopped keeping track after 6 rounds.

I think I got about 45 holes from an SR2 before it got a scuff I couldn't get rid of so I retired it to the shag bag.

I think I got about 45 holes from an SR2 before it got a scuff I couldn't get rid of so I retired it to the shag bag.

Did you try to buff it out on the cart's bag strap? It works wonders.

Last year I had a stretch of 108 holes without losing a ball. I tend to lose 1 about every 36 holes.

Back