Bryson DeChambeau Signs with Cobra PUMA Golf

I want the hat and the bag. Love that color combo.

i like the signing with CPG and can't wait to see how they market it all

I think this will work out well for both parties involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he is a good fit, cobra has been about individual style along with forward thinking in their clubs, and I think him and Fowler compliment each other as representatives of the brand.

Saw his rbc heritage press conference earlier today, and he seems like a very interesting guy. He handles himself in front of the media very well. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from this partnership.

I think it is very cool that he signed with Cobra. What I think is speaks more is that he signed with Bridgestone for his ball. This guy may be the smartest person on the tour and with all his understanding of equipment for him to choose there ball over others says a lot.

I think we all saw this coming, but very cool nonetheless. Solid move on Cobra's part to keep themselves relevant to the younger generation, and other's alike thanks to DeChambeau's classic style.

Something about this kid rubs me the wrong way, but his clubs are cool, and hes got game.
Interested to see how they market his irons.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I think this is awesome!!!!

Something about this kid rubs me the wrong way, but his clubs are cool, and hes got game.
Interested to see how they market his irons.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
I think they'll market and sell whatever irons he plays in a choice of single length or conventional setup. With that being said, I'm not sure what the big deal is. We all kind of accept that the pros play a different game using largely different sticks from us. I'm have difficulty wrapping my head around everyone being so worried that the irons this particular golfer uses will both be legal but something we can't or won't actually want to use. I watch golf nearly every weekend, and every weekend I see whole bags and bags of golf clubs that I hypothetically could but honestly don't want to use because I'd probably have a miserable round of golf using them, to say nothing about my not understanding the work the tour van did to them per that golfer's specifications.

Now there's one more golfer with a big full of clubs that I won't really want to use.

Cobra needs another big name and he could become just that. Like this signing from both sides.

I think they'll market and sell whatever irons he plays in a choice of single length or conventional setup. With that being said, I'm not sure what the big deal is. We all kind of accept that the pros play a different game using largely different sticks from us. I'm have difficulty wrapping my head around everyone being so worried that the irons this particular golfer uses will both be legal but something we can't or won't actually want to use. I watch golf nearly every weekend, and every weekend I see whole bags and bags of golf clubs that I hypothetically could but honestly don't want to use because I'd probably have a miserable round of golf using them, to say nothing about my not understanding the work the tour van did to them per that golfer's specifications.

Now there's one more golfer with a big full of clubs that I won't really want to use.
My comments have no basis in facts......Just saying I don't like the kid for some reason, but his setup is different. With the length, weighting, and names and all. Seems Puma/cobra got in with young Rickie with the long hair, flat billed cap, and the color(orange) and that style appealed to young golfers. Seems Rickie influenced the direction of cobra/Puma. Just wondering in bryson is successful how that will steer them.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I think it will be a mistake to bring his set to market. I believe they hired him based on his personality and his attitude. He's kind of the anti-Fowler and I like that. I have no interest in trying single length clubs because his swing speed alone is astronomical.

I'm curious to see how he does long term. I think it's a good signing for both parties though at this time.

I doubt they bring the single length clubs to market in the conventional sense, but could see them doing something for custom orders only.

I have no interest in trying it, but can see how some would think this would be an easier approach than the current standard setup.

Personally I think Cobra/Puma signed him because he is a talented charismatic young man who they think will be successful in the game of golf. His unique approach to the golf swing helps draw interest in casual and avid golf fans because he is doing something different.

It also makes him stand out in the crowd in what seems to be an onslaught of young talented players, which can't hurt the brand.

I like that hat story.
The bag looks fantastic.
Does anyone know what current Cobra clubs he is using.

The Masters he had driver, fairway woods and wedges in play I believe.

I think it will be a mistake to bring his set to market. I believe they hired him based on his personality and his attitude. He's kind of the anti-Fowler and I like that. I have no interest in trying single length clubs because his swing speed alone is astronomical.
I kind of agree, if only because even if you get a set of Cobra 1L irons they won't be the same as his, since I think his irons are probably more upright than Wardy's are flat.

Bryson DeChambeau Signs with Cobra PUMA Golf

Like I said before in another thread I think it's a great get for cobra/puma. Bdc will be very good and people will always be talking about his club set up.
For the cobra brand to grow I think they need more then fowler as a visible star on the tour (not for people on thp, but for the general public). Also his style could be a good contrast to fowler and draw more people to the puma brand.
As for the 1 length irons working at retail, I am not smart enough to really make a good guess.
The hat story is pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that hat story.
The bag looks fantastic.
Does anyone know what current Cobra clubs he is using.

the Cobra CB/MB in satin chrome

I don't see Cobra irons listed for him on their site. I would not be shocked if he sticks with Edel. If he does, it is a win for equipment nerds everywhere. If he uses what he thinks works best as opposed to who pays the most, I think he will kick off a new trend.

Here is what I have learned today. The company and Bryson are working on irons and will be for the next several weeks. He has sets with him and also has his playing set from the Masters. He is practicing with both and they are continuing to work towards getting him his set and all parties believe it will be just a short period.

He is an authentic kid that appears to be ready for this and is really excited about the partnership. He had opportunities as you can imagine and selected his brands for a lot of different reasons.

The hat story is rather interesting in that it was a hat his dad bought him when he was young as the last Hogan hat in the pro shop. He won wearing it early and to make a long story short, says he does not want to change it since it is something his father bought him and he had success with early.

I don't see Cobra irons listed for him on their site. I would not be shocked if he sticks with Edel. If he does, it is a win for equipment nerds everywhere. If he uses what he thinks works best as opposed to who pays the most, I think he will kick off a new trend.

Here ya go. From earlier in the thread.
How long it takes is anybody's guess, but both parties are working together on it. Midseason is tough, especially with limited events to make enough money to qualify.

I was going to post this in the other Bryson thread but it was closed. It's not about his sponsorship, but still found it kind of funny. Good to see he isn't above having a little fun out there. Does a pretty good Carl Spackler.

Midseason is tough, especially with limited events to make enough money to qualify.

someone like bryson who is so particular, i can't imagine switching to something midseason. i would think it's going to take A LOT of work with ben and the cobra people to get it just right for him.

I noticed in a video from a Cobra/Puma e-mail this morning that he is using really large grips that look non-tapered. I didn't notice that at the Masters. Did I miss some talk on his grips? Anyone know what they are?

I've seen some guy at my club with grips that he called "natural grips" or something along those lines that looked very similar. Almost like big SuperStroke putter grips, but on irons.

ETA - Disregard, I found online that they were Jumbo Max XXL grips.

Bryson-Single-Length-Irons.jpg

Back