The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the kids for their assessment to gain a spot in a local private school. The school is wonderful and they seem eager to welcome both of them into their program.
Hope it all goes well Freddie! Sounds life a great opportunity for them.

Thats awesome dude. I remember having to do that when I was a bit older for multiple reasons. Thank goodness I was good at sports...haha

Yeah, me too...lol

Just watched someone at work pour a 10oz cup of coffee and use FIVE creamers and SEVEN packs of sugar

I see nothing wrong with this. I like just a splash of coffee with my cream and sugar too.

Taking the kids for their assessment to gain a spot in a local private school. The school is wonderful and they seem eager to welcome both of them into their program.

That's awesome, Freddie!

Just watched someone at work pour a 10oz cup of coffee and use FIVE creamers and SEVEN packs of sugar

What?! Your spoon shouldn't stand up in your coffee?

Well they got in!!! Now I just have to sell a useless organ to pay for it. Lol

Congrats buddy! What an awesome opportunity for them.

It's all about making sure they have better than I did. Tall order since my moms really pulled out all the stops. They are very excited!!

Congrats to you! and Double congrats to them, for having you to help them and push them and for getting in!!!!

We were at McDonald's a couple weeks ago and I was standing at the counter waiting on my food. I heard the girl in the drive thru say "How many sugars?" After hearing sugar packets rip open I hear "My hand hurts now, 16 packs of sugar is a lot."

I've heard kidney's are a top seller. :alien: Congrats to you and the kids on getting in.

Allergies are in full effect today. Been sneezing up a storm all morning. Hoping this Zyrtec kicks in soon.

Getting a haircut and there is a little girl next to me waiting and she is on "her new iPhone 6s+" and I am really struggling with that for some reason.

Call it judgement or anything else but I struggle with certain "needs". Of course mom is on her own phone talking about how hung over she is.

Allergies are in full effect today. Been sneezing up a storm all morning. Hoping this Zyrtec kicks in soon.

Thanks for the reminder. Forgot to take mine this morning.

Getting a haircut and there is a little girl next to me waiting and she is on "her new iPhone 6s+" and I am really struggling with that for some reason.

Call it judgement or anything else but I struggle with certain "needs". Of course mom is on her own phone talking about how hung over she is.

Funny! I'm on the barber chair as well..

But to your point...that's unbelievable. Some parents now let social media and technology raise their kids! Sad!

That kind of explains a lot. It's amazing how many little kids have their own phone. Shoot, I was a sophomore in high school and was begging my mom for a pager that I didn't really need. I understand getting a phone for a kid if they play sports and you need to come pick them up, but no need for a top of the line smart phone that is likely to get dropped, broken, stolen, lost or forgotten by a 6 year old.

Are you in Dallas today? :D

Congrats Freddie. That's great news. Minus the selling an organ part lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird, I didn't know my wife was in Ohio :bulgy-eyes:

Electronic Parenting.

Slap a device in front of them and you dont have do anything.

That kind of explains a lot. It's amazing how many little kids have their own phone. Shoot, I was a sophomore in high school and was begging my mom for a pager that I didn't really need. I understand getting a phone for a kid if they play sports and you need to come pick them up, but no need for a top of the line smart phone that is likely to get dropped, broken, stolen, lost or forgotten by a 6 year old.

I think it's something that needs to be looked at on a case by case basis. My daughter is on her 2nd iPad in two years or so. Both were hand-me downs from me. The first one just went funky on her, it was almost 3 years old and the last update just fried it. Not her fault. I gave her my last one when I stopped using it. She's been using it for 6 months or so now. She takes it to school every day and does a fair amount of her homework on it. She's very responsible with it, and hasn't left it anywhere or dropped it (more than anyone else would) So when she's a little older, maybe 10 or 11 she'll get a phone (probably an iPhone because I can manage her app purchases) it won't be the newest bestest, because she doesn't need that. I want her to have a phone because she spends a good bit of time on her breaks at assorted grandparents houses, and it's nice to be able to reach her.

Caffeine makes life so much more enjoyable.

I think it's something that needs to be looked at on a case by case basis. My daughter is on her 2nd iPad in two years or so. Both were hand-me downs from me. The first one just went funky on her, it was almost 3 years old and the last update just fried it. Not her fault. I gave her my last one when I stopped using it. She's been using it for 6 months or so now. She takes it to school every day and does a fair amount of her homework on it. She's very responsible with it, and hasn't left it anywhere or dropped it (more than anyone else would) So when she's a little older, maybe 10 or 11 she'll get a phone (probably an iPhone because I can manage her app purchases) it won't be the newest bestest, because she doesn't need that. I want her to have a phone because she spends a good bit of time on her breaks at assorted grandparents houses, and it's nice to be able to reach her.

I totally agree it depends on the kid, but there is no reason a 6 year old needs their own smartphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back