Whats the weirdest thing you've seen or found on a golf course?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I've seen some weird things on my local muni, everything from shirtless old guys, to the cart girl jumping a sand trap dukes of hazzard style, to drunken people doing things they probably shouldn't be in public haha.

But until last week I have never seen anything like this!!

Spoiler

50ad55a86da5c0483891b9f983d39cf0.jpg

So whats the weirdest thing you've seen on a course?

Last edited:
Weirdest would be randomly coming across someone driving their car on the cart paths as if it was a road.

Unfortunately this happened multiple times....same person.

Is that a stomach cut out of an animal? IDK the other day a massive turtle was chillan by the green, nothing really "crazy" tho.

What the HECK is that?

• Admin
Is that a stomach cut out of an animal? IDK the other day a massive turtle was chillan by the green, nothing really "crazy" tho.

What the HECK is that?

I think so?? There were some end trails next to it so I'm sure another animal got to it, but when we all saw it we were like WTF IS THAT?

-A condom in the bushes.
-Police officers (with their guns out) chasing someone at my home course.

Found a gun in the bushes by the driving range (it is east oakland, so not all that weird).

Had a friend who went down this 40'-50' hill at maybe a 60* incline in neutral with no hands on the wheel (he's not my brightest friend) and about 1/2 way through the cart makes a hard right does a complete 360 and exits the hill in a strait line at the bottom. We had a video of it and it defied the laws of physics when you watched it. It made no sense.

That was weird enough but what happened later could only be described as the grim reaper coming to get him Final Destination style. He is in the last group on our last day of golf on our golf trip just driving his cart normally up to the 18th green. The cart path is left of the green and there is a bunker between the green and the cart path and the course had a curb installed to keep people from pulling into the grass next to the bunker. The green is elevated maybe 2'-3' feet above the cart path and he is looking at the green to see where his teams ball is for their putt and his right wheel hits that curb and that causes the cart to violently flip over on it's left side. Just like the 360 spin with no flip defied the laws of physics, I have never seen anything flip over as fast as this cart was laying on it's left side. We all ran over and he was laying on the ground under the cart with a gash in his leg, a bucket full of sand on his face, and soaking wet from a cooler of ice that dumped out on him. We quickly got the cart flipped back over and he was ultimately ok except for the cut on his leg. We of course were laughing our ass off.

The really funny part was that both of these things happened at the same course 2 days apart and the last day of our trip they had taken delivery of an entire new fleet of golf carts so the cart he flipped was on it's maiden voyage. We dropped it off back at the shop and dipped out in our cars as quickly as we could LOL!

Strippers performing dirty deeds on the tee box at about every 3rd hole, in about every third hole too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, when we were younger we used go flying down the hills and do donuts in the golf cart when we hit the bottom of the hill. Well, one day my buddy in the cart next to me flipped the cart, and the roof landed on his left arm. He limbed out from under the cart and asked me where his pack of cigs were. That is when I noticed that his ulna was sticking through his skin. I drove him bag to the club house then took him to the hospital where he had extensive surgery. Haven’t done a donut in a cart since.

I don't know if this is the funniest ever, but it was recent.

A few weeks ago we were on the green of a par three next to a pond, and being the end of May, there were a lot of geese and goslings. Then, across the pond near another tee box, we see a fox trotting down the cart path, making his way around the pond. He sees us on the green and decides to steer clear, saving the birds. On the fox's way past our carts, he sniffs and then hikes his leg on one of the guy's putter cover. After that he quickly moseyed on across another fairway to be threatened with a 5 iron and pee on a stump before exiting into the condos next to the course.

I've seen T0AD fall OUT OF a bunker on more than one occasion. I've seen a person throw a driver into a tree 30 yards from the tee and then get two more clubs stuck trying to get it out. I've played a good bit of golf with a bunch of THPers, so I've had a lot of fun on the golf course.

d932ad930877a9ec50f8b5e907097e0c.jpg
59143f2c480fd06448f087e06e707e52.jpg
f6294fa3e872bb315eee89a51089c94d.jpg

Cow Day has become somewhat of a legend at our course.

At the club I was a member of in my hometown, I saw a bra and panties on the 18th green.

A member of the greens team drive his zero turn mower into the lake.

This was when I was younger when I was living in Florida(imagine that). Dad and I went to play at our "home" course Oriole golf course between the 9th green, 10th tee,11th green and 12th(I believe these were the holes this is 25 years ago now) tee box there was always this huge bump in the pavement with some curves in the path and many a cart has almost gone in the water as all these holes greens and tees kind of end up in this 1 spot around these trees and the water. Well this guy in his big ole yellow zero turn comes off the green and is heading over to towards 12 and its 7:30am or so since my dad liked to play early and I guess he was half a sleep, and hit the bump hard and the thing went dead left into the water.

A fight between 2 different groups of golfers where someone got bit and the police were called!

I worked at a semi-private course that had 3 tee times of construction workers go off and they brought their dewalt toolbox along(way before bluetooth speakers) and they were blasting it. 2 holes ran parallel to each other and they met in the middle to argue and it turned ugly quick.

Found a gun in the bushes by the driving range (it is east oakland, so not all that weird).
True enough
I feel like there is more to the story here. What were you doing lurking in the bushes by the driving range?
Under advice from his counsel, video recording from alledged lurking has been erased...:alien:

I was in a foursome one time where a barefooted hippy woman, walked over to our green and picked up a coin marker. Found money, she did.

I might have done one of the weirder things; a badger moved and dug some holes right next to a green. Member mentioned it had barked at some people putting and since it was fresh to the location, I was able to flush him out with a water tank (w/ hose) and killed it with a shotgun. Filled in two holes for burial. Bushwood moment for me.

YEP, Played in a tournament in Destin Florida about 15 years ago. Fundraiser for the local Sheriffs department. there wa a par three near the back of the course and the tee box was sheltered from the houses nearby. Drove around the corner to the tee box and yes, there was a bevy of ladies front he local Gentleman's establishment. The pin was about 185 and they were there to distract you.
Have seen a lot of Gators, and at the local muni here in Grand Prairie, there are lakes and when it rains, all kinds of things get washed up....

I found Tiger Woods Nike Vr Wedge 56 from the Oven (JDM forged) in the dirt!...Yeah!!!... buried with just the pear of the toe sticking out of the ground. Club 'hurled' 50y from the green helicopter style, the handle got stuck in a aluminum rail fence, bent the shaft just below the grip, then dropped to the ground there it lay for a damn long time! I saw that tiny rusted color pear from 40ft getting in the golf cart at the back of the green. The wedge came from the oven, 'stamped TW', shaft DG X100, Golf Pride full cord grip , Swingweight D6!. Pulled the shaft. Played the wedge 4 years hit unbelievable shots, hole outs with buddies cracking up...Now its Miura, my wedge,pitch,chip,sand,flop game is my strongest...Thanks Tiger!...always believed you would be back ;) These wedges were just before the groove rule...
233_zpsbwallslr.jpg

232_zps3m0f3sml.jpg

Last edited:
I found Tiger Woods Nike Vr Wedge 56 from the Oven (JDM forged) in the dirt!...Yeah!!!... buried with just the pear of the toe sticking out of the ground. Club 'hurled' 50y from the green helicopter style, the handle got stuck in a aluminum rail fence, bent the shaft just below the grip, then dropped to the ground there it lay for a damn long time! I saw that tiny rusted color pear from 40ft getting in the golf cart at the back of the green. The wedge came from the oven, 'stamped TW', shaft DG X100, Golf Pride full cord grip , Swingweight D6!. Pulled the shaft. Played the wedge 4 years hit unbelievable shots, hole outs with buddies cracking up...Now its Miura, my wedge,pitch,chip,sand,flop game is my strongest...Thanks Tiger!...always believed you would be back ;) These wedges were just before the groove rule...
233_zpsbwallslr.jpg

232_zps3m0f3sml.jpg

That’s a cool story!

Back in the 90's I was playing my local course when I hear this really loud noise behind me. I turn around and it is a firetruck driving down the cart path. I was like WTF is that about. I then look at the green and there are several people standing near a guy on the ground. Found out later he had a heart attack and I assume the firetruck/paramedics were coming to help. Talked to the pro shop the next day and he didn't make it. There are much worse ways to go IMO than being on the course doing what you love.

was a rainy day, and a couple thought they were the only ones out. They figured having sex in the cart at the bottom of a hollow would be a great idea, until myself and a buddy busted them by accident, lol

Whats the weirdest thing you've seen or found on a golf course?

I saw a rattlesnake on a tee box with only the back legs and tail of a bunny sticking out of it mouth. And also this (not my actual picture, but saw Alice at Raven Golf Club one day)

a9fa65f6ed4a25611013256108c5bb95.jpg

Last edited:
Found a knife, 3 inches long in the tall grass. Took it home and wife said it was a German made high quality blade. We still have it after a dozen or so years. It is my go-to blade to cut meat.

Back