2019 Fantasy Football begins

Participating in an auction draft this year. Know nothing about it. Can anyone lead me to good info or offer up the strategy needed?

Auction drafts are one of the most skilled and fun drafts to be a part of. The only leagues that may be more skilled are drafts in larger than 12 owners and defensive players included.

You really need to have a plan in place for auctions, but willing to bid up a player you really don’t want. I love trying to get other owners to bid most of their money on players I have no interest in. Also, I love to grab my number one kicker and defense early when everyone is saving their money. A bid of 2 dollars can usually get the top kicker and defense if you bid early. Later in the draft when teams have extra money they bid higher just to spend.

I generally spend about 75% of my budget on starters and the remainder on filling the rest of the team.

A website I would recommend that you can get a draft assistant is footballguys.com. You could put your personal stats in for each player with your personal league’s scoring system. The program will help you not only get an idea of each player projected price worth, but also help you keep track of each team salary cap and players they have purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a draft from tonight’s expert league draft. Hey, if you can make a living earning money playing and advising on fantasy football, they are people that I would listen to.

$350 buy in and bragging rights on twitter league.

FFPC rules (PPR with 1.5 PPR/te, so bonus TE) Starters: 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1k, and 1def

be0b1c7109b42062a53cce6e4e918b70.jpg

A couple things you will notice in the leagues with a bunch of so called high stake players. They draft QBs very late and they rarely miss a beat on player drafting. You don’t see players falling many rounds that shouldn’t.

Interesting in this draft there were no WRs drafted until pick 9, Maholmes not drafted until round 5 (that is expected in these drafts), Henry going 2.2 was different and team 5 putting so many resources into the RB position. He drafted both Ram RBs back to back in rounds 3 and 4.

Question, do you buy a Fantasy book? If so which ones?

I always buy a couple. I like to read the articles and amazed how many will simply grab a book and draft straight from those rankings

I like Fantasy Football Index and Fantasy Football Forecast.

f97bbfb4a382da618e91c78ce4b6b3c0.jpg

Personally I don’t like the books/magazines as they tend to be outdated.

I subscribe to a service and it updates real time with roster injuries, moves or starter fluctuations

I subscribe to a service and it updates real time with roster injuries, moves or starter fluctuations

Agree totally outdated. But, I am always surprised how many people show up in a home league and draft right by the book adp.

I do like the articles I as said earlier. Gives me good reading material laying around by pool or beach.

Oh and another FFPC draft. PPR w/1.5 TE scoring.

Highest I have seen D Williams drafted. 2.2?

784d0fc192763fa3a4ee97fcbcae70f7.jpg

Can’t go too long without posting a new draft.

FFWC this time: best ball. PPR normal setup 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF, and 1Flex(RB, WR, TE)

cb80865e187434294443d5b3561534fe.jpg

It's almost July!!! That's when Camp starts. Is anyone else as Pumped as I am for football to get underway??

GO Patriots!!!!

Found this draft posted. 14 Team PPR.

Interesting how much different the draft becomes when you have larger leagues like THP here.

18e123ef31f2d4cb0dae42e29f194106.jpg

Another FFPC event draft.

15942e02f80726a463f474e203300582.jpg

I use fantasy football calculator & The Huddle each year.

I like reading the guys over at footballguys.com.

I do use the draft dominator app with my personal stats and ranking.

Another FPC draft from 6/30

PPR: te 1.5ppr

59ad2d367b24031e7605d38a2bb5dc12.jpg

Team Defenses should be outlawed.

I like reading the guys over at footballguys.com.

I do use the draft dominator app with my personal stats and ranking.

I've used them for years.

Another app I like is the Sleeper app. Seems they pull lots of other news people and tweets and role that into one app. Much easier then to go thru my tweets and all follows to get some players stating or not information.

Just a note, the best fantasy football leagues out there will be announced very soon.
THP Fantasy Football will be back again for Albatross Club Members.

Just a note, the best fantasy football leagues out there will be announced very soon.
THP Fantasy Football will be back again for Albatross Club Members.

Will I draft C. Ridley again? Oh yeah baby. Gotta die on that hill.

Will I draft C. Ridley again? Oh yeah baby. Gotta die on that hill.

As the Fantasy Football League Master, that hilled was more like a curb and it was not hard to see : )

As the Fantasy Football League Master, that hilled was more like a curb and it was not hard to see : )

Oh, this year is going to be so good.

Team name: Calvin Ridley’s Redemptions

Here is another draft for you all.

Gurley moves into the first round.

fc5d00b271e329f9c86bcac461b4b32d.jpg

Who drafts a kicker in the 12th round?

Who drafts a kicker in the 12th round?

Yea, always that one owner that likes to draft either a defense or kicker or both really early

Here is another $350 league draft from today.

646711b32ce275d79ce09418f228017a.jpg

Very odd draft last night. I gotta wonder if some drafters were hung over from Thursday. Barkley to the Third owner? And, what was the 7 hole owner thinking last night?

This was a best ball draft, so people will load up on QBs in the middle rounds. Best Ball = No pickups and no trades. You only go with your draft for the whole year. Plus, you don’t set your lineup in this league. It’s a draft and forget it league.

7c2d7eaac5d77b0bbfc30325a2f523ed.jpg

Back