2019 Fantasy Football begins

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, I thought I would start a new thread to post all about fantasy football and the upcoming season. While most don’t start thinking about fantasy football until NFL training camps begins, we know many of us are doing homework all year long.

Let’s hear your thoughts on players and draft strategies. Who do you have as a sleeper or a top 10 guy that is going to be that 1st/2nd round draft killer on a team?

I do like when the Fantasy Books start coming out to get a laugh, but if you are in a local league you would be surprised to see how many guys just show up with a book and wonder why they never win.

a58c9bf1fe09570b2992bbb8f2e82219.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, who is going to Vegas or playing in one of the online high stakes leagues?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XtNE4yxjnOk

I am partial to the FFPC league, but FFWC does have some great competition as well. Then, you also have the NFFC with the Kentucky style draft slot picks and 3rd round reverse drafting.

PPR draft w/ 1.5 points for TE

What team stands out to you?

a4ba954f19653c98852abfe3bfb91700.jpg

Fuffle gonna fuffle

Oh boy, this thread is happening.

Ok, let’s throw out a really late sleeper that could help you win in both best ball leagues and PPR leagues.

Dallas Goedert, TE Philadelphia

I know the first thing you are saying is no way unless Ertz gets injured.

In his rookie year and being probably considered the 4th or 5th option on the Eagles team last year Goedert finished at 23rd TE in PPR with 30
Catches, only 307 yards and 4tds. So, how the heck could he get into the top 10 this year?

First, Goedert is coming into 2019 knowing the offense much better then his rookie year. He was already a matchup nightmare, but with Ertz as Wentz’s number one option, Goedert didn’t get as many looks. Combined that with the Eagles having no means of stretching the field last year, this left the middle of the field area very crowded. I don’t think Jackson is drinking the fountain of youth and going back to 2013 where he had 1300 yards and 9 tds, but he still has enough speed to keep defenses more honest against the Eagles.

I expect Howard to be the primary ball carrier, while Sanders is the pass catching back sparingly until later in the season when he could take over. Jeffery is another year older and the Eagles are going to score 25+ points per game. That leaves a lot of scoring out there for Eagles players. Ertz gets his, but it would not surprise me at all to see Goedert as the number 3 scoring receiver on the Eagles. In an NFL that is so weak at TE and being the fact you can draft Goedert virtually in the last couple rounds, he makes for a huge upside low risk draft player.

Expected stats for Dallas Goedert: 50 catches, 600 yards, 7 tds. This type of production would have placed him around 6/7 in TE scoring last year. That is definitely not out of the question. Plus, IF Ertz were to get hurt and miss any time, Goedert would become a top 3 TE in fantasy. I rank him as a super sleeper option and a great handcuff to Ertz.

So, who is going to Vegas or playing in one of the online high stakes leagues?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XtNE4yxjnOk

I am partial to the FFPC league, but FFWC does have some great competition as well. Then, you also have the NFFC with the Kentucky style draft slot picks and 3rd round reverse drafting.

Play NFFC and NFBC every year for last several. love tom amd greg. Good peeps

FFPC draft PPR w/ 1.5 TE scoring

6f033e8ba6abf182bc459183a2d64bf1.jpg

Well, I thought I would start a new thread to post all about fantasy football and the upcoming season. While most don’t start thinking about fantasy football until NFL training camps begins, we know many of us are doing homework all year long.

Let’s hear your thoughts on players and draft strategies. Who do you have as a sleeper or a top 10 guy that is going to be that 1st/2nd round draft killer on a team?

I do like when the Fantasy Books start coming out to get a laugh, but if you are in a local league you would be surprised to see how many guys just show up with a book and wonder why they never win.

a58c9bf1fe09570b2992bbb8f2e82219.jpg

Haha, I remember when that was all you had. I would read 2 or 3 of them and then pick the one with the cheat sheet closest to my own thoughts to take to the draft. Obviously those days are way behind us now.

Does everyone agree Zeke is the consensus #1? seems like everyone else has question marks. Saquon is on a bad team with a rookie QB, Gurley looked like garbage in the playoffs, maybe Kamara without Ingram, but that seems like an injury waiting to happen.

The real intrigue this year comes on when a WR will be drafted and who is the first off the board. I guess Michael Thomas is #1, but where do you put Antonio Brown and OBJ? Those are big questions.

This is going to be a interesting year with all the movement.
Personally I would take Barkley over Elliot because his team is going to suck and they will run a lot.
WR is a interesting one I still think OBJ is #1 but cant really argue with MT.

I can't wait for Football to start.

Currently, I would rank Barkley ahead if Zeke with McCafferty very close behind him. I may even move McCafferty ahead of Zeke by draft day.

Barkley, with OBJ gone is going to be the focus of NY offense all season. Yes, they will not be a good team, but Barkley’s ceiling is just so high that he has a chance to score over 400 points in a PPR. Last year he had 87 rec. Barkley has a chance to catch 100 rec this year. Add in 1300 possible rushing yards and a virtual lock for over 10 tds, he is my number one ranked RB this year.

My number 3, and only because I can’t get myself to see the abilities with a RB of his size, in McCafferty. Yet, McCafferty was the number one rb last year aver 25 points per game in PPR, mainly due to his 106 rec and an additional 6 rec tds. I surely wouldn’t mind having the top of the draft choice this year between Barkley, Zeke, McCafferty, and Kamara. Yet, we say that every year and EVERY year a top draft pick falters either by injury or just underperforms expectations.

I bet fuffle loves Calvin Ridley

I really like the wr group you can draft in the first two rounds. All should perform well barring injury. You have Adams, Hopkins, Jones, Brown, Juju, Thomas, and Beckham. Any person could make a case for each of these WRs to be the number one this year. Currently, I have it Adams, Hopkins, Juju, Thomas, Beckham, Brown, then Jones my top 7 WRs.

I really like the wr group you can draft in the first two rounds. All should perform well barring injury. You have Adams, Hopkins, Jones, Brown, Juju, Thomas, and Beckham. Any person could make a case for each of these WRs to be the number one this year. Currently, I have it Adams, Hopkins, Juju, Thomas, Beckham, Brown, then Jones my top 7 WRs.

I am hoping for big things from Hopkins this year as a Texans fan not necessarily fantasy related. He is a great receiver but Watson had a sophomore slump last year. That could be blamed on a sub par O line but he definitely regressed last year. If we get some help up front and Watson returns to greatness Hopkins will be a monster this year.

I bet fuffle loves Calvin Ridley

Lol. Sure do. I have to stay on that train now don’t I?

Ridley was the number 22 WRs last year in PPR, but to my and many other fantasy players detriments, he scored 6 of his 9 tds in his first three games. That killed his fantasy value, even in PPR leagues. You gotta score tds to be a top wr in fantasy. Yet, he still has the offense and QB to improve on last year. IF he can spread those 9 tds out this year, increase his rec from 59 to say 70 he should crack the top 20 in WRs this year. Ridley’s draft position, for 12 man leagues, will be late 4th early 5th. I think that is a solid place to draft him.

Just an FYI, when I generally speak on stats in fantasy I don’t include week 17. So, Ridley and other players I mentioned in earlier posts may have slightly different yearly stats. I don’t think including week 17 is fair fantasy wise since many players sit that week.

Lol. Sure do. I have to stay on that train now don’t I?

Ridley was the number 22 WRs last year in PPR, but to my and many other fantasy players detriments, he scored 6 of his 9 tds in his first three games. That killed his fantasy value, even in PPR leagues. You gotta score tds to be a top wr in fantasy. Yet, he still has the offense and QB to improve on last year. IF he can spread those 9 tds out this year, increase his rec from 59 to say 70 he should crack the top 20 in WRs this year. Ridley’s draft position, for 12 man leagues, will be late 4th early 5th. I think that is a solid place to draft him.

Just an FYI, when I generally speak on stats in fantasy I don’t include week 17. So, Ridley and other players I mentioned in earlier posts may have slightly different yearly stats. I don’t think including week 17 is fair fantasy wise since many players sit that week.

Well at least Fuffle works better than Fantasy Football Master with that prediction and finish

Could I finish any worse last year in the THP league? Yea, having a name master and finishing next to or last doesn’t speak well.

Oh, it’s on like Donkey Kong this year. I gotta produce better. Sure couldn’t do much worse.

Here is a new PPR draft thru 14 rounds.

FFWC this time: Start 1QB - 2RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1PK - 1DST - 2 FLEX (RB-WR-TE)

008c4e5842a931d197dd1bcf7240bc4c.jpg

Following along. Can’t wait for fantasy football to start!

How do you guys feel about josh Gordon this year? If he says clean and mentally healthy, I think he is wr1 material

Man, I have been on the Josh Gordon train forever. I don’t know how I could put him on my team again unless I had an incredibly deep bench. He still hasn’t been reinstated yet. So, my guess is IF he is then he has to get in shape. Probably, misses the first 3-6 games. NE probably puts him on the PUP. Then he is out at least 6 games.

I just don’t know about him. Supreme talent, but wasted most of if not all of his career. Plus, how old is he now? 28. That’s not that old, but I just don’t know about him. I probably will pass and let someone else take him with their last pick to stash on their bench.

Oh man I gotta start doing my homework, I got whooped the last couple years in all my leagues

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Another High Stakes league draft for you.

0799b8e3d6505ac240a305001174508c.jpg

We all know you can win your fantasy league from any draft position. However, looking at the many early drafts and I am really liking the middle of the rounds for draft position. Of course, getting one of those top four RBs is a nice start. On the other side, I am not a fan at all of the end of the round drafts once you get into the mid rounds. The average player draft position does not favor my early ranking boards for the backend of the draft.

Looking at this draft on QBs: I would never think Murray would be drafted as the 3rd QB and the love for Baker continues to grow. Drafting him before Rodgers and Watson. Sure both of them have injury history, but they also have a better track record. Hey, if you like him go get him I say.

Last edited:
Another High Stakes league draft for you.

0799b8e3d6505ac240a305001174508c.jpg

We all know you can win your fantasy league from any draft position. However, looking at the many early drafts and I am really liking the middle of the rounds for draft position. Of course, getting one of those top four RBs is a nice start. On the other side, I am not a fan at all of the end of the round drafts once you get into the mid rounds. The average player draft position does not favor my early ranking boards for the backend of the draft.

Looking at this draft on QBs: I would never think Murray would be drafted as the 3rd QB and the love for Baker continues to grow. Drafting him before Rodgers and Watson. Sure both of them have injury history, but they also have a better track record. Hey, if you like him go get him I say.

Deeper leagues it dont really matter IMO...the competition is usually tough....i won 2/3 leagues last year (including my THP) and was all over the place draft position wise.

LMK if anyone is down for some big boy NFFC team splitting action!

If anyone wants to hear and watch a live early draft of some of the best high stakes players here you go. This draft will be live tonight.

Battle of the Hardos, FFPC FBG $350 LIVE DRAFT Podcast with guest host Tango&Cas

It is Pro vs Joes on steroids. A few touts like Fantasymojo and some of the top high stakes players in the world. Want to hear the banter? The sh*t talk? Tune in live and follow the draft.

The entrants are:

@TodfromPa

Nelson Sousa and his partner(not that there is anything wrong with it) David Hubbard @208858740 @The_Franchise12

Dan Williamson @overhypedsleepr

Darren Armani @fantasymojo

Ron Meyer @2Packer

thunter @TreeHugs23

Austin Martin @AustinRMartin84

Noah Ruddell @NoahRuddell

Tod Miller(scoundrel) @draftjunkie

Jeremy Roach @Blitztomania

Mark Garcia @hilowFF

Gregory Kanter @Crakrok

Here is the link:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/runtod...0-live-draft-podcast-with-guest-host-tangocas

Participating in an auction draft this year. Know nothing about it. Can anyone lead me to good info or offer up the strategy needed?

Participating in an auction draft this year. Know nothing about it. Can anyone lead me to good info or offer up the strategy needed?

We need to chat. I run an auction league based on a $200 cap. So much nuance to an auction, but if played right you can have a great team to start the season.

Back