L.A.B. Putters BLaD.1 Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The company behind the Directed Force have a new design out.

BLāD.1
The design of BLāD.1 was inspired by one of golf’s most beloved putter designs, the bullseye-style putters that were first introduced more than 70 years ago. What makes BLāD.1 totally different is the addition of Lie Angle Balance (L.A.B.), the patented technology L.A.B. Golf developed to eliminate torque from the design of a putter.

“Bringing Lie Angle Balance to BLāD.1 wasn’t easy, but we were fully committed to making it happen,” said Bill Press, L.A.B. Golf’s Founder and SVP of R&D. “In every sense, this was a passion project for us. We asked ourselves, ‘Can we really offer the feel and simplicity of a bullseye and include all the benefits of Lie Angle Balance?’ We weren’t going to stop until we figured it out.”

BLāD.1 is available in both stainless steel and brass models. Each version of the putter is

100 percent milled from a solid block of stainless steel and made in the USA.

Craftsmen at the L.A.B. Golf factory build all BLāD.1 putters to order, precisely Lie Angle Balancing them by hand through the addition of four custom weight screws — two in the toe of the putter, and in the heel section of the putter.

Customization
Golfers can determine their optimal L.A.B. Golf putter specifications online through a free Remote Fitting, a process that identifies the ideal putter length, lie angle, shaft type, and grip type. Custom shaft options include the BST Stability Shaft, the LAGP OZIK TP, the FST Tour in Matte Black and Matte Silver.

BLāD.1 is currently available at L.A.B. Golf Authorized Retailers and through the company’s website starting at $399. The company’s oversized, high-MOI mallet putter, DF 2.1, comes in a choice of Black, Red, and Blue and starts at $425.

20190405-LABWhite-1139Contrast-L.jpg

20190402-LABWhite-826-L.jpg

20190402-LABWhite-680-L.jpg

Its a brick on a stick but I like it. It is the polar opposite of my Odyssey mallet but I would give it a roll.

Center shafted putters just look weird to me. The design description is certainly interesting but neither the blade nor the Adam Scott frying pan putters suit my eye.

SeeMore putters without the "eyeline" at the back of the club. Definitely not the type of club I would use to roll the rock

Personally, there's a point of ugly that no amount of performance can overcome.

It sure is different, but I am kind of digging it.

It’s not my cup of tea but the things they are doing with this does make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeeMore putters without the "eyeline" at the back of the club. Definitely not the type of club I would use to roll the rock

Yep. A Seemore copy to my eye.

Definitely has that SeeMore FGP look to it that I have come to know and love.

Hey Bill....I've got some spare metal laying around lets throw a shaft in it and call it a putter! It will be great we can even charge people $400 for it and they will pay for it because its custom...brilliant!!

L.A.B. Putters BLaD.1 Putters

I love center shafted putters, so they have my attention. With some of the highly technical milling going on now by other manufacturers, the shape of this thing is a stark contrast as a block, almost minimalistic in some regards. I would love to get a chance to roll one, just not sure it would be something I would grab right off the shelf compared to others in the market.

And I know center shafted isn’t everyone’s cup ‘o tea, but there are many people who could benefit from it if given a try, especially if your strike is mostly straight back and forward with little arch.

Definitely unique looking, but not something I would consider picking up. There are people that will love it and want to find a way to try it though.

The last center shafted putter I gamed was a Nike Method 007 Midnight... I liked that putter, I would give this a roll.

I'm usually open to trying something new but that's a big no for me.

Its a brick on a stick but I like it. It is the polar opposite of my Odyssey mallet but I would give it a roll.

Actually reminds me of the edel brick very much so.

I’m not big on this based solely on looks.

Hmmmm...interesting. I'd probably try it for the heck of it if I saw it on a sales floor.

Maybe in-hand it might look better aiming at the ball. I'm sure there's some tech behind it.

Tried these at the PGA Superstore. Despite really liking the feel & the roll it put on the ball, I disliked the aesthetics.

Seriously considering buying one of their Press Grips & putting it on my putter though.

Tried these at the PGA Superstore. Despite really liking the feel & the roll it put on the ball, I disliked the aesthetics.

Seriously considering buying one of their Press Grips & putting it on my putter though.
It is a very strange shape in a world full of sleek looking putters.

Was it accurate?

It was as accurate as I can be with a putter w/o a long alignment aid.

Back