Recoil 95 question for the experts

Sooner21

I miss football
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing Recoil 95 F4's in a set of Titleist clubs for 3-4 years now. I've really smoothed my tempo and swing out recently due to past health problems, so I went for a fitting a couple of weeks ago. The Mizuno 3D shaft optimizer recommended Modus 105R as the #1 shaft, but Recoil 95 F3 was high up there also. I like my Recoils and wanted to stay graphite, so I went with them for my clubs. I've had two range sessions, and an 18 hole round so far with the new sticks. The ball won't get up in the air, distance is less than my 714's, and dispersion is all over the place. I can pick one of my Titlest's up and hit a nice high shot to my target. The clubs came straight from Mizuno built to my specs I was fitted for, but something definitely feels off. I compared my current irons to the Mizuno's on the monitor, and was seeing the Mizuno's go farther, higher, and right on line compared to my 714's, but I'm seeing the exact opposite with the clubs that actually showed up to my house. Shouldn't I be seeing a higher ball flight with the F3's compared to the F4's? I'm crazy confused, because I feel fairly knowledgeable about equipment and something feels very off about the new irons. FWIW I ordered them from Mizuno through Budget Golf since they support THP.

Last edited:
I'm nowhere near an expert on these things, but if I were you, I'd want to get the swing weight checked and compare your old irons to your new ones.

I would definitely have the specs and swing weight checked and compared to your 714’s. Something definitely sounds off, the F3’s should typically have a higher ball flight. If the swingweights are off if could just be poor contact, are you catching them thin for the most part? That would explain the lower ball flight, loss in distance, and possibly wider dispersion because of the added spin.

Swingweights were all over the place and way off. I suspect the lie angles were wrong also. Budget Golf was great and got Mizuno to authorize a return, so my search continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back