Masters Tickets Lottery

chadactor

Reaction score
Handicap
Anxiously waiting for my letter to arrive in the mail saying that my name was not drawn for Masters tickets for the 3rd year in a row :/ Anyone know how many tickets they give away in that lottery? This year I had my parents , girlfriend, and best friend put in as well. Hopefully one of them is selected and upholds their promise to take me!!

Anxiously waiting for my letter to arrive in the mail saying that my name was not drawn for Masters tickets for the 3rd year in a row :/ Anyone know how many tickets they give away in that lottery? This year I had my parents , girlfriend, and best friend put in as well. Hopefully one of them is selected and upholds their promise to take me!!
Haha Haha! Last year was the first time in 10 years that I was selected. I got Wednesday tickets.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A tradition unlike any other.

This year marks 10 for me, hoping to get selected someday.

No one knows how many tickets they give out. They keep that stuff really close to the chest.

Last edited:
I am on year 2. LOL!

Guess I shouldn't get my hopes up eh?

This is year 6 or 7 for me. Decreased the amount I applied for seeing if that makes an difference. I know it won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I threw my name in there as well, crossing my fingers!

Took 14 years to finally get pulled. You have as much luck as the next person... which isn’t much

I've seen people get them their first time.

So you have as good a chance as anyone!

Fixed your post LOL! I started my career as an actuary. If you have a 1/10 chance (based on tickets and applicants for tickets this is about the probability for the Masters) then those are the odds. You have about the same probability of getting selected any given year (10%) as you do of not getting selected 21 years in a row (9.8%).

Odds of not getting selected in the members above posts:

chadacter 3 years in a row = 72.9% chance of not getting selected for 3 strait years, of course a 90% chance of not getting selected this year
English Turn getting selected once in ten years = 38.7% chance of getting selected exactly 1 time in 10 years, still a 90% chance of not getting selected this year
Vader 10 years in a row = 34.8% chance of not getting selected 10 strait years, still a 90% chance of not getting selected this year
Golf Ghost 6 years not selected = 53.144% chance of not getting selected 6 years strait, You have less likelihood than 10% of being selected if you did not request tickets every day unfortunately

Basically odds are on any given year an entrant will not be selected, but of course some will be selected and that is why we enter.

Fixed your post LOL! I started my career as an actuary. If you have a 1/10 chance (based on tickets and applicants for tickets this is about the probability for the Masters) then those are the odds. You have about the same probability of getting selected any given year (10%) as you do of not getting selected 21 years in a row (9.8%).

chadacter 3 years in a row = 72.9% chance of not getting selected for 3 strait years, of course a 90% chance of not getting selected this year
English Turn getting selected once in ten years = 38.7% chance of getting selected exactly 1 time in 10 years, still a 90% chance of not getting selected this year
Vader 10 years in a row = 34.8% chance of not getting selected 10 strait years, still a 90% chance of not getting selected this year
Golf Ghost 6 years not selected = 53.144% chance of not getting selected 6 years strait, You have less likelihood than 10% of being selected if you did not request tickets every day unfortunately

Basically odds are on any given year an entrant will not be selected, but of course some will be selected and that is why we enter.

Username checks out.

Requested tickets everyday, just not for the max numbers allowed.

Requested tickets everyday, just not for the max numbers allowed.

Don’t think it matters. I think it’s social in, RNG and you get what you get

Don’t think it matters. I think it’s social in, RNG and you get what you get

Oh really? I figured only applying for one would be more likely than 4. Jeeze.

Oh really? I figured only applying for one would be more likely than 4. Jeeze.

I have no science behind it, but I don’t think they care. They know most are maxing the allotment at signup. It’s never made a difference when I would try for just single vs max. They just didn’t pick me haha

I have no science behind it, but I don’t think they care. They know most are maxing the allotment at signup. It’s never made a difference when I would try for just single vs max. They just didn’t pick me haha

haha I expect the same experience.

As a fellow actuary, this is good stuff! The only thing I don't know is if they discount your chances if you won in the prior year. They don't specifically say they do, but they could. Has anybody won two years in a row?

As a fellow actuary, this is good stuff! The only thing I don't know is if they discount your chances if you won in the prior year. They don't specifically say they do, but they could. Has anybody won two years in a row?

I know a forum member who has. He heard me curse his name at his luck.

I was selected twice in three years (2011 and 2013). 2011 was the first year I entered the lottery.

Wow, I guess I just assumed I would be locked out for 10 years after winning it! While that's good news for people who have won, I'm guessing most people would be for some sort of "lock out" period after winning since the odds of going once would improve quite a bit.

In 2015 I won Monday Tix, and in 2016 I won Wednesday Tix. Nothing before or after. I've been entering since 2013.

I know I have about 10 years in. No luck yet. The conspiracy theorist in me doesn't think it's random (I'm not sure what other way they would pick though).

I was selected twice in three years (2011 and 2013). 2011 was the first year I entered the lottery.

The odds of being selected in 2011 and 2013 and not being selected in 2012 is .9% so basically 9 out of a 1000 chance.

The odds of being selected 2 times in a row is 1% or 1 out of 100.

I know I have about 10 years in. No luck yet. The conspiracy theorist in me doesn't think it's random (I'm not sure what other way they would pick though).

I don't think I've pissed off enough people bad enough that someone on the ANGC board is singling me out to prevent me from getting tickets.

It's random, but our brains do not naturally handle randomness very well so we try to fit things into patterns. Conspiracy theories are generally attempts at making sense of randomness. If you think there is a conspiracy you would have to figure out why Augusta National is conspiring against you and would rather take someone else's money over yours.

My father and I have been entering for at least 15 years, and we've yet to be selected. Crossing our fingers that this year is the year we get lucky!

Back