Wilson Vector Gold Clubs

jrcollins

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking at buying a set of Wilson Vector golf clubs but haven't been able to find out much about them. What's Wilson like as a brand generally speaking?

I'm looking at buying a set of Wilson Vector golf clubs but haven't been able to find out much about them. What's Wilson like as a brand generally speaking?

A quick google search shows them to be a packaged set. That is not necessarily a bad thing but those sets are not known for quality. Wilson makes some high quality clubs, some of which just won last weeks US Open. As a rule packaged sets are best for beginners who will upgrade after a short time.

Welcome to THP

The Vector range appears to be a Wilson boxed set - boxed sets don’t get much attention as far as reviews/feedback goes.

I have gamed a number of Wilson Staff products over the past 5 years, and have found the Staff products to be very competitive with other major OEM clubs.

There is a pretty big difference in pricing between something like a Wilson boxed set and a Wilson Staff setup which would mean putting together your own “set”, buying driver, fairways, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putter as separate items.

If your budget or intentions allow, I’d recommend the Wilson Staff equipment.

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and bought them anyway as I got them for a pretty good price. I've been playing on and off for years but am still a beginner in terms of my skill level so they should be a good fit for where my game is at right now. They also replacing a set of approximately 30 year old Spalding clubs so just about any set of more modern clubs should be an improvement.

You'll be fine with them. Boxed sets are just fine for a beginner and if you decide to get more serious in the future, you can always upgrade. I started out with a boxed set of Knight clubs back in the day (late '90s) and used the irons for the next 5 years. The woods I destroyed after the first year (sky marks) but the irons were still going strong even 5 years later.

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and bought them anyway as I got them for a pretty good price. I've been playing on and off for years but am still a beginner in terms of my skill level so they should be a good fit for where my game is at right now. They also replacing a set of approximately 30 year old Spalding clubs so just about any set of more modern clubs should be an improvement.

Enjoy them. I agree that these will be an upgrade and you can go from there in regard to what you do in the future.

Back