Golf Pride CP2 Pro Grips vs MCC Plus4 Users Chime In Please

miparman

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for a new set of grips as Lamkin discontinued my fav Performance Plus 3Gen which offered a reduced taper which eliminated the need to build up the lower end of the grip.
In searching it looks like both of these Golf Pride models might fill the bill. So any feedback would be appreciated.

Just had all my clubs regripped with CP2 Pro's. Had Winn Dri-tac's before. I play gloveless and these are the best grips I've ever used. They do have less taper

Been using the MCC+4 since they came out. I can't see myself using anything else. Regular tapered grips feel alien to me now. I think they are durable enough to get 2 seasons out of them depending on how much you play and practice. I keep them clean so they really don't lose their tac and the cord isn't so overwhelming that it will tear your hands or gloves up. Really solid grip IMO.

Been using the MCC+4 since they came out. I can't see myself using anything else. Regular tapered grips feel alien to me now. I think they are durable enough to get 2 seasons out of them depending on how much you play and practice. I keep them clean so they really don't lose their tac and the cord isn't so overwhelming that it will tear your hands or gloves up. Really solid grip IMO.

+1 I feel the same way

Agreed. I'm using them this year for the first time and really like them. They seem really durable and I think they will handle the humidity well this summer. I would recommend them.

I've played the MCC Plus4 for the past year or so and really like them. I have not played either of the other two you mentioned, but have felt the CP2 Pro's on the demo stand at my Golfsmith and they have a little more taper to them than the MCC Plus4. I'm not sure which is closer to your previous preferred grip though. I also feel like the MCC Plus4 are a little abrasive, especially if you spend a lot of time on the range.

Prior to the MCC Plus4's I played Tour Velvets with +2 wraps of tape under the bottom hand and they felt similar to the MCC Plus4 as well, despite the MCC Plus4 being like a standard with +4 wraps under the bottom hand.

I switched to MCC Plus 4 a couple of weeks ago. My initial feedback is very positive. I hesitated to put them on because of the rough cord end but this isn't the case. Previous grips were Winn Dri-Tac so that might explain why I thought the MCC Plus 4 felt rough. My final selection was between CP2 and MCC Plus 4.

Love the MCC Plus 4's. Re-gripped all my clubs with these and bought extras so I'd have them on hand when I do my club ho'ing experiments.

I have only tried the MCC+4 and personally I really liked them. Great tack and the cord wasn't so harsh that it tore my gloves up. great grip and the reduced taper just felt right to me.

Back