The Red Wine Thread

I do not know much about Wine, but I like it. I Drink Franzia Chilled Red. Hope that is not too low class.

I do not know much about Wine, but I like it. I Drink Franzia Chilled Red. Hope that is not too low class.

My wine glass has a lid........as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters.

Split a bottle of the Coppola Director's Cut Pinto Noir last night with my wife, definitely a sleeper Red that I'll need to pick up a few bottles of this week.

52463f41a300678966115214c3bc734b.jpg

Here's the Meiomi I mentioned earlier. Delicious!!

Oooooohhhh. My wife got absolutely ripped one December evening on that stuff. I was well on my way also but remembered I had to drive home. There's more to the story but I'll quit there.

Bought her a bottle for Valentine's Day..it remains unopened :D

Oooooohhhh. My wife got absolutely ripped one December evening on that stuff. I was well on my way also but remembered I had to drive home. There's more to the story but I'll quit there.

Funny, my wife and I have a similar story with this wine (including Valentine's Day) but we drank the bottle, lol. Have to go get another one now that you brought it up

Meiomi is a very nice house wine at a great price point. Always buy 2014 and before however. Vineyard changed hands recently and I have no doubt the "recipe" will change in newer vintages.

My wife and I just booked 4 days in Sonoma, Russian River Valley for late June while our daughter is at one of her many camps. Love those trips. Get bombed, back to the room, a little fun, sleep, wake up for dinner, more wine and more fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meiomi is a very nice house wine at a great price point. Always buy 2014 and before however. Vineyard changed hands recently and I have no doubt the "recipe" will change in newer vintages.

Thanks for the heads up but I doubt I'll be bringing anymore of that home. Unless it's just for me :alien2:

Celebrating national Malbec day a little early. The Wall Street Journal liked this one but I will not be buying anything more bottles.

e2901643740dd0be2dd5c0eaeff659c4.jpg

That's sad to hear, really like the few bottles we have had so far.

¡Feliz día del Malbec!
edbd979f48f113c49416a803e061eb85.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

¡Feliz día del Malbec!

I mean if you like that sort of thing....:eyepoke:

Let's us know how they are?

Been mostly beer for me lately. I have a hard time grilling while drinking wine, no logic to it just the way it is.

That's a beautiful picture

I mean if you like that sort of thing....:eyepoke:

Let's us know how they are?

Been mostly beer for me lately. I have a hard time grilling while drinking wine, no logic to it just the way it is.
The Norton Colección is a really good wine (prior experience). We haven't tried the other two just yet. La Finca will be with dinner. Trying the Gestos now, and will edit this post with an update.

update 0: Something extremely interesting about the Gestos is that it is made with Malbec grapes from two altitudes.
7dc0e2f44fedc06cdadaa4e518724a03.jpg

update 1: Fruit forward, not too dry, full bodied, yet with a surprisingly light finish.

We had a bottle of Cherry Pie last night (Pinot Noir), really solid, not a fruit bomb, quite smooth and pairs well with either shell fish or red meat, which is nice to find a wine that can handle that balance.

Had a bottle of Seizh Penn https://www.vivino.com/wineries/clos-cavenac/wines/seizh-penn-ctes-du-marmandais-9999 the other day with a wagyu roast sirloin cap that I did. What a perfect pairing - the wine is the fullest,hardiest mouthful of grape derived deliciousness I've ever had, and it accompanied the fatty richness of the wagyu perfectly. The bottle was about $30CAD so I'm sure you guys can have them for cheaper in the US.

A little wine for my wine & gold (Cavaliers) tonight!! Time to refill.
b3bc995a16690305a27c9816d4eccd89.jpg

Drinking a malbec myself this evening.

ef928225f59d0a337048c1b51be50c27.jpg
red blend choice of the night....

My favorite cab.
image_zpsx4bnllt2.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

¡Feliz día del Malbec!
edbd979f48f113c49416a803e061eb85.jpg

Big fan of La Finca. Hopefully the Trader Joe's that collapsed in the winter snowstorm will reopen soon.

2014 Dark Horse Pinot Noir

Cherries with a juicy mouth feel. Definitely worth checking out for $7 or 8.

3acd7d9dd162c6ae542a9f27d22e6d59.jpg

Back