KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

A defective sock, hadn't heard of that before :) I don't know it seems to happen with both the Tour Low Profile and The Tour Profile, I think a lot of it is just the fit of my foot into the shoe, and the UA ones I've worn for a few years just seem to work well.

Not necessarily defective sock but the elastic in it could be the problem, do you follow the care instructions and how do you keep your sock pairs together?

A defective sock, hadn't heard of that before :) I don't know it seems to happen with both the Tour Low Profile and The Tour Profile, I think a lot of it is just the fit of my foot into the shoe, and the UA ones I've worn for a few years just seem to work well.

FYI, I had a hole in one of mine at one of the seams and after one phone call a replacement pair was on the way. Kentwool customer service is top notch.

Thanks for all the input guys. But I don't want to derail a thread that is showing great results for everyone else, and focus on my issue. Obviously they are great quality socks and work for the vast majority. I won't give up on them completely as I said they are comfortable in the right shoe (for me) and really like the technology behind them, and the Kentwool people at the show were very helpful in going through the entire line. I just wanted to provide the honest feedback I had, but knew from reading the entire thread it wasn't the norm.

Not necessarily defective sock but the elastic in it could be the problem, do you follow the care instructions and how do you keep your sock pairs together?
Yeah Alex, Michelle is obsessive about following care instructions, so they were washed in cold I believe. She didn't dry them in the dryer, but laid them out flat to dry and I then rolled them into a ball like I do all my other ones.

Last edited:
FWIW, I don't think you're derailing at all, just sharing your experience.

I agree that it's not derailing anything. We're looking for your thoughts on these. Anything that you have experienced about them, we're interested in hearing about.
Personally, I've had 5 rounds with mine and have to say my feet have never felt better after a round. No issues with the socks, feet are cool and comfortable. These definitely make any shoe feel great.
I've actually worn these to work before too. I don't wear dress shoes, it's work boots/shoes, steel toe at that. I was very surprised with how great they felt. Expected them to be hot out on the airport ramp, but it was nothing like that. My shoes never felt that comfortable before. It got me to thinking, maybe I need to actually get a few pair strictly for work.
I'll have to go back to their site and see what choices they might have for that.

A couple Kentwool codes:

Thanks Icey!

Added 3 more pairs of these to closet with the code and picked up a pair for the wife as well, I think she'll love them

So I wore the standard Tour Profile this morning while working out.

No slippage issue at all. While I prefer the look of the no show, these aren't too bad and worked well today.

Maybe I was putting them on the wrong feet ?

f2eca9d956c5b8cde2ea6de11ea5b0ad.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

So Kentwool Customer Service is Fan-freaking-tastic order placed on Thursday free shipping and it's already here! Thank you Kentwool!!!

99824d052b1a62bdacfa9b14903ef9b3.jpg

Used these for 36 holes today with these and several hours on the range yesterday. Love these socks. Will be hard for me to play golf in anything else

Used these for 36 holes today with these and several hours on the range yesterday. Love these socks. Will be hard for me to play golf in anything else

It's gonna be hard for you to wear anything else, golf or not. I figure it's totally worth the cost. My feet take a beating whether I'm working or playing golf, might as well take care of them.

It's gonna be hard for you to wear anything else, golf or not. I figure it's totally worth the cost. My feet take a beating whether I'm working or playing golf, might as well take care of them.

I have worn them for the gym and you might be right

KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

Still loving these socks, kept the toes warm and dry in the rain yesterday. I need to pick up a few pairs of the crew sox for the hi tops and a 19th hole pair for the wedding.

After multiple wears and washed the quality is still top notch no issues there either

Still loving these socks, kept the toes warm and dry in the rain yesterday. I need to pick up a few pairs of the crew sox for the hi tops and a 19th hole pair for the wedding.

After multiple wears and washed the quality is still top notch no issues there either

The conditions were ideal for testing. I had no issues either. I have several pair and want more

The conditions were ideal for testing. I had no issues either. I have several pair and want more

Similar conditions today as last weekend with a bit more rain and the feet and toes stayed nice and toasty, best socks I've ever owned.

they are awesome..it's why I have 10 pair.

10 pair you say? I need to step up my game then.

I think I'm only at 7 and that includes one of the 19th hole collection socks

I have 5 pairs of these two pairs are about 2 years old and still in good shape. Very comfortable sock and better in hot weather than I expected for a thicker wool sock.

10 pair you say? I need to step up my game then.

I think I'm only at 7 and that includes one of the 19th hole collection socks

i have no doubt you will catch me soon enough. I've been eyeing the 19th hole but haven't been able to pull the trigger. I did pick up a pair of the crew socks with the coupon code from the twitter win

Broke in a new pair today with my new New Balance Minimus shoes. Holy jeez I forgot what a new pair of socks felt like. So comfortable, no sweat, no order. Simply the best and their customer service is #1 by a mile.

Broke in a new pair today with my new New Balance Minimus shoes. Holy jeez I forgot what a new pair of socks felt like. So comfortable, no sweat, no order. Simply the best and their customer service is #1 by a mile.

+1 for their customer service!

Rocked the crew socks today (thanks to emart) and they are just as good as their shorter cousins my only complaint is they are really high almost like knee highs so probably not the best for shorts - i will probably only wear them with pants except in my hi tops

Rocked the crew socks today (thanks to emart) and they are just as good as their shorter cousins my only complaint is they are really high almost like knee highs so probably not the best for shorts - i will probably only wear them with pants except in my hi tops
I think you should rock them with the shorts, dude.

Looking forward to rocking my Kentwools tomorrow in a tournament. These are the most comfortable socks I've worn for golf.

Looking forward to rocking my Kentwools tomorrow in a tournament. These are the most comfortable socks I've worn for golf.
I'm taking the kids to Legoland tomorrow, and will be rocking my Kentwools.

I think you should rock them with the shorts, dude.

Haha if i wear them with shorts again i will wear them high because pushed down they look like 80s leg warmer from those aerobics videos

Back