Still working on this. I went away from it last week but came back to it today when I was struggling with short putts. It really helped me to feel more confident inside 5-7 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started goofing around with it on the practice green before my last round (I'm a terrible, awful putter), and it seemed to be working okay for me. I put it in practice during the round and thought I was putting better than usual, but I still ended up with 41 putts for the round (not at all an unusually high number for me).

Left Hand Low

Went to this for the first time on course yesterday and the results were incredible. Had a bad putt with a conventional grip on the first hole, so went left hand low for the 2nd...drained that putt, and then proceeded to have a one putt on the next 5 holes, and had a good run at one putting the entire rest of the 8 left. 6 one putts in total, and the 2 holes that I didn't one putt with left hand low I was barely off the mark. Best putting round I've had this year by far, so I think I'll be keeping it for a while.

Edit: numbers updated because I can't count and actually did better than I originally thought.

Last edited:
I've tried left hand low before, I personally like right hand low more. With that said, obviously and NUMBER of fellow THP'ers use this method. Even my twin brother putt left hand low, and has for years.

I've tried left hand low before, I personally like right hand low more. With that said, obviously and NUMBER of fellow THP'ers use this method. Even my twin brother putt left hand low, and has for years.

It still feels so weird. But results are results haha. the ball just kept going in.

The weirdest thing for me was when it started to feel normal. I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but now if I grip a putter conventionally it feels foreign. I am a much more consistent putter now and am glad I switched to LHL.

Went to this for the first time on course yesterday and the results were incredible. Had a bad putt with a conventional grip on the first hole, so went left hand low for the 2nd...drained that putt, and then proceeded to have a one putt on the next 3 holes, and had a good run at one putting the entire rest of the 8 left. 5 one putts in total, and the 2 holes that I didn't one putt with left hand low I was barely off the mark. Best putting round I've had this year by far, so I think I'll be keeping it for a while.

That's awesome. Great to hear you're getting results with the new method!
I've gone from a terrible putter to a not-so-terrible putter after switching. lol

The weirdest thing for me was when it started to feel normal. I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but now if I grip a putter conventionally it feels foreign. I am a much more consistent putter now and am glad I switched to LHL.

You're a monster with left hand low if your line is right it's in the hole.

Was exclusively left hand low today on anything inside 15 feet and I had the best putting day I've ever had. 26 putts (2 chip ins). I don't think I missed a putt inside 6 feet all day. It was fun.

I think I'm going to try this out this weekend and see how it goes

I used to putt this way when I was a kid. My friends used to make fun of me.
When I'm struggling I go back to it.
What I like about it is it levels out your shoulders and it quiets your hands and allows you to rock your shoulders back and fourth. Creates a solid stroke for me

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I think it is a great way to put but from long distances I can't control my feel!

I think it is a great way to put but from long distances I can't control my feel!
I putted fairly well with it today. So I may stick with it for a while

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Started putting left hand low this season. Short putts have bevome way easier for me.

I've joined the left hand low club after today. A good lesson from UST's Danny Le and I'm golden. Very excited going forward.

I've joined the left hand low club after today. A good lesson from UST's Danny Le and I'm golden. Very excited going forward.

Another one converts. This is good news to me. Curious to see how you feel about it after you get comfortable with it.

Tried it but I have limited range of motion in my right wrist.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Another one converts. This is good news to me. Curious to see how you feel about it after you get comfortable with it.

I've messed around with it before but didn't really know what I was doing. Finally found someone to give me some tips on what the hands should be doing as I had it all wrong.

After another round with using this, I will be doing it for the foreseeable future. Just so much easier to hold my line using it.

I do. I used to be an awful putter (I still need work) and went through a bunch of different putter, grip sizes, and grip techniques. Even did the saw grip for a while. My swing coach had a look and said I should go left hand low because my stroke was much smoother and way more on line. Distance control took a couple months but I now feel much more comfortable with it and have no plans on changing.

I do. I used to be an awful putter (I still need work) and went through a bunch of different putter, grip sizes, and grip techniques. Even did the saw grip for a while. My swing coach had a look and said I should go left hand low because my stroke was much smoother and way more on line. Distance control took a couple months but I now feel much more comfortable with it and have no plans on changing.

Sounds like my journey with the putting game. As I was experimenting with it yesterday my playing partner noticed that the ball was coming off the face of the putter with a much better roll. That alone was enough for me to keep going with it.

Played 18 today and decided to try it for a full round. On putts 10 feet and in it felt great. Good roll on the ball and Decent distance control, which are two things I've always struggled with. Still didn't putt great statistically (7 three putts) but compared to how I normally putt, there was a lot more confidence today. Difficulty was in lengthy putts. The ball skipped or hopped a lot at contact so I need to work on that, but for the first day out I'm happy!

This season I completely lost confidence in my putting. Had a short game lesson last week and was told to putt left hand low. I am very right hand dominant when I putt and was flipping my right wrist. So he said let's go with that and switch the grip to left-hand low. I am using about 80/20 grip pressure right/left hands with two finger overlap. All the left hand does is help guide the swing path. He also has me practicing one handed putts. I am already seeing a nice improvement in my putting, particularly with distance control. My putting confidence is coming back.

I had tried left-hand low before, but now I have a good reason why and instruction on what I want to be doing. No doubt about it, this is a permanent change for me.

I have stuck with this all year and feel like it works for me. Going to take some lessons to refine it but it has been a good switch.

I had an up and down inconsistent putting year this year. After messing around on my putting mat in the basement I have decided to join the Left Hand Low club. I can tell I am going to need to work on pace but I am all ready seeing an improvement of putts starting on the intended line over my traditional grip.

Back