Callaway XR16 Sub Zero Driver Preview

Do they make this in a 14*, I think I would need it to get my spin to a good level. Will be fun to hit either way.

I think I'd be in the same boat.

YMMV but I believe I'm seeing maybe few hundred rpm lower than xr16 pro

Got some numbers on golfsmith monitor. My swing is jacked and I have big left turn on all my shots right now... but, this head at +1/n giving me decent numbers
cd64adf0598a3effb93ed1fa4183a828.jpg

I don't think I'll get any course action til the extra round for club clash on Thursday

How are those numbers compared to your gamer? How is the sound and feel?

YMMV but I believe I'm seeing maybe few hundred rpm lower than xr16 pro

I'll be curious on your opinion when it comes to forgiveness with this and Pro. We seem to have similar numbers.

How are those numbers compared to your gamer? How is the sound and feel?
They are similar to xr16 pro which is my gamer. Hit with same shaft. Sound and feel is fantastic. FWIW this head had 5g hotmelt in neutral position, 4g weight in the rear, 2g in the front

I'll be curious on your opinion when it comes to forgiveness with this and Pro. We seem to have similar numbers.
Both are pretty low spin and prone to low knuckler hooks, which has been my miss lately. This head will most likely accentuate the miss where spin drops and balls fall out of the sky

Love the spin numbers for that thing. I need to get my hands on one to try out.

Im excited to hit this one and see how it compares subjectively to my XR. Gawd I love Callaway drivers!

Mine arrives tomorrow. Probably too much club for me but I had good luck with the 816 dbd, so who knows.

You have till the middle of June to get that fixed Bubba! :D

or a little THP Event in 5 days that is built on testing and reviewing drivers...:D

or a little THP Event in 5 days that is built on testing and reviewing drivers...:D
You mean duck hooks aren't good review material??? :alien:

You got the right man for the job if that's the case then!

No duck hook's kc!!!

image_zpsjjnazoo3.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

one range session I'll get it on the course tomorrow.

What is your AOA?

Got some numbers on golfsmith monitor. My swing is jacked and I have big left turn on all my shots right now... but, this head at +1/n giving me decent numbers
cd64adf0598a3effb93ed1fa4183a828.jpg

I don't think I'll get any course action til the extra round for club clash on Thursday

Yeah me too!

I ordered a sub zero w/ d+70x. Hope its not too low.

I am curious as to how the +AOA guys hit this driver. I'm around +3-5.

I cannot wait to hear more thoughts about this one. Seems like exactly what I would want out of the XR16 line.

I cannot wait to hear more thoughts about this one. Seems like exactly what I would want out of the XR16 line.

Puts a nice flight on the ball dude, you'd probably like it a lot.

This one is fun to hit.

More of a novelty for me than something I would game regularly. I was able to hit some really nice drives with it, but I found it incredibly unforgiving if contact was not on center. Many better options for me in the XR16 line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't need it and it will not help my slow SS, but if I see a head on the Bay I will buy it just for the fun of having it. I have my XR16 Pro on 8 deg. and still hit it pretty high, long for me and no complaints really but the Sub Zero just looks like fun.

I don't need it and it will not help my slow SS, but if I see a head on the Bay I will buy it just for the fun of having it. I have my XR16 Pro on 8 deg. and still hit it pretty high, long for me and no complaints really but the Sub Zero just looks like fun.

Jim have you considered lofting up? Looking at the numbers from our recent peak and you were quite a bit lower than 90 feet. Or is it something where you just prefer a lower ball flight?

Back