Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

my buddy and I will be playing Tri_mountain in Ridgefield, WA this sunday.
Have fun buddy! Should be a nice day!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So.... Kings Links.... Yeah.... WOW. I had to use an 8 iron on a 125 yards par 3... The wind was simply crazy. The chipping is a real nightmare there, specially after playing a slow course 3 days prior. Shot 51-43/94 with 2 birdies. Was only able to have a tailwind on one hole and blasted my drive to 290 yards.

Nice course but definitely "unique" in the area.

We should meet there again.

So.... Kings Links.... Yeah.... WOW. I had to use an 8 iron on a 125 yards par 3... The wind was simply crazy. The chipping is a real nightmare there, specially after playing a slow course 3 days prior. Shot 51-43/94 with 2 birdies. Was only able to have a tailwind on one hole and blasted my drive to 290 yards.

Nice course but definitely "unique" in the area.

We should meet there again.
Yeah it's pretty freakin wild when the wind is up! And yeah short game is definitely tough there. It's a good layout though.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'll be playing Pagoda Ridge for the first time on Friday... any advice/tips? I plan on playing from the blues

I'll be playing Pagoda Ridge for the first time on Friday... any advice/tips? I plan on playing from the blues
- don't go for the green on 10. Suicide.
- when you get to #4 and #14 give them the finger from me
- aim right side of green on #3
- lay up off the tee on #6. Yes, lay up.
- big drive needed on #7 to have shot at the green.
- birdie #1, #16 and #13

I could go on lol. It's a great course with some really easy holes and some tough holes. Greens are waaaay faster than Northview right now.

Good luck.

I am playing the Falls in Chilliwack on Saturday. $35 with a cart seems pretty legit!

Nice course.. If you're not working on Friday we might have a spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck.

I am playing the Falls in Chilliwack on Saturday. $35 with a cart seems pretty legit!
Falls is fun. Similar course to Furry Creek. The greens there are tough to read.
Nice course.. If you're not working on Friday we might have a spot

What time?

I just played there on Monday and it was great. The greens are firm and very fast which is common at Pagoda, but still kicked my butt. I think I only had a single 1 putt the entire round. I had a tough time getting the ball to stay on the green on approach shots. Overall the course is in great condition, love this place.

Kingslinks is aerating between April 11-14 and they are offering cheap rates until April 22. I love that course too

I just played there on Monday and it was great. The greens are firm and very fast which is common at Pagoda, but still kicked my butt. I think I only had a single 1 putt the entire round. I had a tough time getting the ball to stay on the green on approach shots. Overall the course is in great condition, love this place.

Kingslinks is aerating between April 11-14 and they are offering cheap rates until April 22. I love that course too
Hey Miller! You should come join us for a round sometime! I too love Pagoda because the conditions there are fabulous.

When do you usually golf?

I work shifts (4 on 4 off) so I play mostly during the week early in the AM but I can occasionally get out on weekends. I played Hazelmere a lot during the winter but Im excited to get out and play some more courses this summer.

Let me know next time you can get out on a weekday and as long as Im not in the office I would love to join.

I work shifts (4 on 4 off) so I play mostly during the week early in the AM but I can occasionally get out on weekends. I played Hazelmere a lot during the winter but Im excited to get out and play some more courses this summer.

Let me know next time you can get out on a weekday and as long as Im not in the office I would love to join.

Ah I see. I'm pretty much just a Saturday guy due to work/family obligations but every once in a while I try to get out after work for a round when the days are longer. Hopefully we can line something up one day!

That's great! I have the same schedule... What are your days off this week?

Snagged a time at Pagoda Ridge early Saturday. I always struggle to break 80 there but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Snagged a time at Pagoda Ridge early Saturday. I always struggle to break 80 there but I'm going to give it my best shot.

How much is it on Saturday?

Nice is VGT available to anybody? If so how much is it?
Vancouver Golf Tour membership requires a RCGA Handicap Factor of 18 or better (for B-Flight) and costs $200 I think.
If you aren't interested in playing the events you probably won't find the value there.

Vancouver Golf Tour membership requires a RCGA Handicap Factor of 18 or better (for B-Flight) and costs $200 I think.
If you aren't interested in playing the events you probably won't find the value there.

I will be next year

I will be next year

This is my plan too. Im going to get around to signing up for a RCGA handicap one of these days. Iv never had an official handicap, just a garage full of scorecards.

Iv never played in a tourney but I heard they are a lot of fun

This is my plan too. Im going to get around to signing up for a RCGA handicap one of these days. Iv never had an official handicap, just a garage full of scorecards.

Iv never played in a tourney but I heard they are a lot of fun

My plan as well. Plan is to get my handicap down below 18 this summer and then next summer take on some tournaments. I like there being a competition and playing with Army just isn't one lol. Just a good old ass kicking!

Last edited:
Im not sure if this has been talked about as Im late to this thread but

What are your favourite vendors to pick up new or used clubs from? I ordered some clubs online a couple years ago and it worked out well but I would prefer to buy local. Does anybody have a good supply? Golftown is ok but their used selection is next to nothing.

Golf avenue and callaway pre owned

Back