NorCal Crew hangout thread

Yeah, unfortunately that weekend isn't going to work for me as well. I really want to play that course though, hopefully later in the spring/summer.

Got it, will update that post. Any of you Sacramento area guys want to play Yocha Dehe on April 30th? Let me know, if we don't have a few guys by the 23rd I will probably just cancel the tee time.

Got it, will update that post. Any of you Sacramento area guys want to play Yocha Dehe on April 30th? Let me know, if we don't have a few guys by the 23rd I will probably just cancel the tee time.

I Should be good to go, look forward to it.

I Should be good to go, look forward to it.

Then we have a twosome at least! Hopefully a couple others guys can join us, if not we will speed through an afternoon round.

I'm stuck going to a wedding in SoCal Thurs-Sunday so I will miss out on both a round with the NorCal peeps but the Haggin Oaks golf expo that weekend.

Definitely interested in a round in May.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Then we have a twosome at least! Hopefully a couple others guys can join us, if not we will speed through an afternoon round.

sounds good, I will keep my eyes open for another player

I'm stuck going to a wedding in SoCal Thurs-Sunday so I will miss out on both a round with the NorCal peeps but the Haggin Oaks golf expo that weekend.

Definitely interested in a round in May.

Yep, the Hagen Oaks expo is pretty decent, lots of vendor specials, we should have a meet up for a beer and a look around.

sounds good, I will keep my eyes open for another player

Yep, the Hagen Oaks expo is pretty decent, lots of vendor specials, we should have a meet up for a beer and a look around.

You want to hit that up before heading to Yocha Dehe? I am figuring if I am in the area might as well swing by there.

You want to hit that up before heading to Yocha Dehe? I am figuring if I am in the area might as well swing by there.

What time is our tee time? Hagen is on the way for the most part, so yeh, we can do that!

If you arrive at the expo 30-45 min early you not only get a decent parking spot but you can do everything except the driving range.

Things have not been going well in the golf department for me lately. I have a terrible case of the shanks and I don't know what I'm doing. For the last week I can't hit the ball, I mean I can't even get it off the ground. It's literally like I've never played golf before. I take a few practice swings they feel great and then I get setup over the ball and I don't know what I'm doing, the club feels strange in my hand and the ball dribbles down the range or shanks terribly. Obviously this is all mental I just don't know where it came from! Hopefully I can get over this soon, where is Renee Russo when I need her!!! have any of you guys ever had this problem before?

Things have not been going well in the golf department for me lately. I have a terrible case of the shanks and I don't know what I'm doing. For the last week I can't hit the ball, I mean I can't even get it off the ground. It's literally like I've never played golf before. I take a few practice swings they feel great and then I get setup over the ball and I don't know what I'm doing, the club feels strange in my hand and the ball dribbles down the range or shanks terribly. Obviously this is all mental I just don't know where it came from! Hopefully I can get over this soon, where is Renee Russo when I need her!!! have any of you guys ever had this problem before?

Yeah, and it's all mental. In my case it was a combination of being too close to the ball at address and a slight over the top move. I'm working on getting rid of the latter, and I give myself more room at address now.

NorCal Crew hangout thread

I am battling the same issue for the last couple of rounds. Make sure you aren't too close to the ball as Mr. Hicksta mentioned. That is a huge culprit that you don't even realize until it's too late. Also make sure you aren't swaying, leaning on your right leg(if you are a right handed golfer), keep more weight on your left side. Lastly, keep a very light grip. Very easy to grip the club way to tight. Allow your body turn to help release the ball.

Last edited:
2pm Saturday @ Yocha.

Sent a note to my brother to see if he wanted to join us, I'll let you know as soon as he gets back to me.

I am battling the same issue for the last couple of rounds. Make sure you aren't too close to the ball as Mr. Hicksta mentioned. That is a huge culprit that you don't even realize until it's too late. Also make sure you aren't swaying, leaning on your right leg(if you are a right handed golfer), keep more weight on your left side. Lastly, keep a very light grip. Very easy to grip the club way to tight. Allow your body turn to help release the ball.

The shank BS hit me again today and then to combat it I clearly overcompensated and started hitting everything left and lost around 8 balls. It was a frustrating round of golf for sure :beat-up:

The shank BS hit me again today and then to combat it I clearly overcompensated and started hitting everything left and lost around 8 balls. It was a frustrating round of golf for sure :beat-up:

Getting it out of your system for Sunday huh?

Getting it out of your system for Sunday huh?

Haha, yeah I hope. Otherwise it'll be 6 or 7 off the tee alllllll day.

Whenever I shank, I remind myself to square the back of my left hand toward the target (right handed golfer) through impact, shank gone!

Tim - are you going to make Poppy Hills this coming Thursday?

Do u have 2 tee times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If so. What times?

Ok

Back