Cobra KING F6 Irons Review & Interview

Just got done with a range session and these things are LEGIT! I couldn't be happier with the whole set.
I was easily a club longer then my old set and they are just stupid easy to hit.
My favorite thing about them is the forgiveness. I had my normal (not very consistent swing) and I Still was seeing decent balls. Going with that I noticed that I was better with a more controlled swing And would see better shots. Whereas with my older irons I always felt I had to step on them to get them there.
The 4 iron is awesome and I was getting it out there about 210-220 on average and even had a couple carry past 220. It was insane (or luck).
So my initial review for these is that the tech is real, and they are perfect for someone likes me who needs help but doesn't need a super game improvement iron. if you need irons, you should hit these. I think they will make golf more fun for me going forward.
Ps. They look awesome in my bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nudging this one as there is a lot of convo in the other thread, some might have missed this one with the review and some other in-depth thoughts from other THP'ers with their experiences.

I took these out yesterday again, and they really are SILLY on misses laterally, moreso than even my CF16.

Man these irons look sweet... Excited to read more

Finally ordered my set 4-GW with DG Pro S300. Can't wait to get them in.

Cannot wait to hear your thoughts. I am uber intrigued by these.

Cannot wait to hear your thoughts. I am uber intrigued by these.

Im actually really surprised by that. Similar size wise to the C200s you had and I thought you had said they were a bit too big for you. Could be mis-remembering though.

Finally placed my order for the F6 irons 4-GW with DG Pro S300. Can't wait for them to come in.

VERY nice good sir, looking forward to what you think.

Im actually really surprised by that. Similar size wise to the C200s you had and I thought you had said they were a bit too big for you. Could be mis-remembering though.

No way... I definitely do not recall saying they were too big for me. Size of irons do not matter at all to me. I am looking for forgiveness first and foremost. I played the G25's for quite some time. Size and looks mean zero to me.

I am intrigued by these mainly because they are the first Cobra irons that have caught my attention since the Amp Cell's.

No way... I definitely do not recall saying they were too big for me. Size of irons do not matter at all to me. I am looking for forgiveness first and foremost. I played the G25's for quite some time. Size and looks mean zero to me.

I am intrigued by these mainly because they are the first Cobra irons that have caught my attention since the Amp Cell's.

So what made you go from C200s so quickly in the offseason (month or so post event) back to a club that is less forgiving? Genuine question.

So what made you go from C200s so quickly in the offseason (month or so post event) back to a club that is less forgiving? Genuine question.

Comfort and knowing my distances. I am not a big tinker type of person. I have had the CB3's for years and it is the club that I always fall back on. I am not patient and I hate seeing results decline. It is the main reason I do not have newer clubs in my bag. I am a results/scores driven person. I will always play golf clubs that lead to lower scores. I hate the process of getting comfortable with something and seeing my scores go up. It is something that I am working on BIG time.

Ok I have read quite a bit of this thread and I am wondering if anyone has something negative to say about these? Something that you expected to experience but didn't? I am not trying to stir the pot just want to get some more feedback.

Ok I have read quite a bit of this thread and I am wondering if anyone has something negative to say about these? Something that you expected to experience but didn't? I am not trying to stir the pot just want to get some more feedback.

There is not a ton, as long as you understand what you are getting here. I think Jman's article kind of underlines the technology and what it does well. You are getting a set of forgiving irons built to fly high. The difference being that they are progressive in what they offer.

There is not a ton, as long as you understand what you are getting here. I think Jman's article kind of underlines the technology and what it does well. You are getting a set of forgiving irons built to fly high. The difference being that they are progressive in what they offer.
Cool. That's what I thought but doesn't hurt to ask. I figured if someone did have something negative to say they might have bought these without knowing exactly what they are and what they offer.

Ever since I bought my Amp Cells I have paid attention to the offerings from Cobra every year. Not necessarily to buy each set just to see the different technology they are putting into these sets. Really cool to see how far they have come.

Cool. That's what I thought but doesn't hurt to ask. I figured if someone did have something negative to say they might have bought these without knowing exactly what they are and what they offer.

Ever since I bought my Amp Cells I have paid attention to the offerings from Cobra every year. Not necessarily to buy each set just to see the different technology they are putting into these sets. Really cool to see how far they have come.

Makes sense. I think you will find a pretty big departure here. Especially in the low irons that are hollow body.

Makes sense. I think you will find a pretty big departure here. Especially in the low irons that are hollow body.
Interesting. I have tried twice at Dicks to hit these just to give them a whirl both attempts were unsuccessful but I hope 3rd times the charm.

Obviously it's still early for me with these. But I haven't seen a lot of negatives.
One bag reason I really like them is how they blend tech wise. The long irons go far and they get high. Although I Probly would struggle to shape them now. The scoring irons are more compact and something that I can shape the ball with. For me it's perfect because I don't need to shape the long irons but I need that in my short irons. It's a perfect mix and a set I feel I can grow with.
Some of the negatives I could see is maybe the size of the club head compared to a players iron and the amount of offset. Neither of those things bother me at all.

Obviously it's still early for me with these. But I haven't seen a lot of negatives.
One bag reason I really like them is how they blend tech wise. The long irons go far and they get high. Although I Probly would struggle to shape them now. The scoring irons are more compact and something that I can shape the ball with. For me it's perfect because I don't need to shape the long irons but I need that in my short irons. It's a perfect mix and a set I feel I can grow with.
Some of the negatives I could see is maybe the size of the club head compared to a players iron and the amount of offset. Neither of those things bother me at all.
Thanks for your thoughts. The tech and looks of these are just 2 of the reasons that I want to hit them.

Are you seeing comparable distances from your last iron set?

Thanks for your thoughts. The tech and looks of these are just 2 of the reasons that I want to hit them.

Are you seeing comparable distances from your last iron set?

The tech is awesome. If you are looking for irons I think thy are a must hit.
Distance wise they blow away anything I have hit and it's not close. I am at least 10-15 yards further. I tried every newer iron set and these were the best for me. More then just pure distance I think the forgiveness is something that makes these stand out.
As I play with these more I will keep posting in the thread and hope to have more thoughts

Interesting. I have tried twice at Dicks to hit these just to give them a whirl both attempts were unsuccessful but I hope 3rd times the charm.

I feel your pain. Yesterday, I stopped by my local Dick's, wanting to hit these F6's and some Ping G series. Learned very quickly that if I want 4-year old Cobra and/or Ping tech, they can fix me up. Otherwise, all they offer is TM and Cally recent releases.

Jman, now that you took these out to play again after a short break, I would be curious to hear any new thoughts and impressions you may have.

I found your comment on the lateral misses interesting.

Thanks.

First post here, have been reading this thread for a while. I'm from Melbourne in Australia and play off a social handicap of about 25. I ended up purchasing a set of the F6 irons in stiff steel stock shaft. Only got them a week ago and went to the range a couple of times and was hitting them pretty well.

The first time I used them was at a course I never played before as we were heading interstate on a golf trip to a golf course at the top of Tasmania called Barnbougle (It is rated the no 1 and no 2 public course in Australia). Our first round was at Barnbougle Dunes and the wind was crazy. It was over 60km/h. We had to lie our buggy's down on some holes as they were being blown straight over and even when lied down they were being blown over. So I struggled for the first 9 holes, not really getting great contact with the irons and had a 59 (par 36), however back 9 the wind dropped only slightly but I was getting used to the conditions and had 2 birdies in 3 holes (I've never had 2 birdies in a round before) and finished with a 44 and total 103.

2 days later we played the Lost farm course at barnbougle and I started with a 44 on a par 37 and struggled on a couple of holes on back 9 for a 50 but very happy with a 94 for par 73. Wind was much better, only about 30km/h.

Now some feedback about the clubs. I grew to like them more and more as I played, I always hit my 5 iron fairly well. I came from bio cell irons in reg shaft and found I was struggling to keep them straight. I don't have that problem anymore with the stiff shafts so I think the reg shafts were too flexy for me.

My best shot was at lost farm with my 4 iron when I hit my drive into a bunker on a par 5 and there was no way to hit the ball out of the bunker except for sideways. So I hit it sideways and was then still 220m from the green with my 3rd shot. Now I did have the wind behind me to help but I wasn't keen on using my 3 wood with the danger present for offline shot. So I tried my 4 iron for the first time and wow, the launch I got off it was amazing, I hit it flush and it landed on the green about 12 feet from the hole (I was expecting to fall well short of the green even with the wind). I then proceeded to lip out my birdie put and then 2 putt after that for a bogie but was still happy with the hole.

I also hit the 4 iron and 5 irons a couple of other times and didn't miss hit them once. My old biocell 4 iron was very hard for me to hit, so these irons are a big help. I also bought the GW and really like that it is similar to my tour trusty wedges which are 54 and 58.

One thing that happened though was the clubs went a bit longer than I was used, even when hitting into the wind and a few times I reached the bunkers at the back of the greens. So I need to be wary of that and get my distances in check.

Last edited:
Good feedback and welcome to THP.

The tech is awesome. If you are looking for irons I think thy are a must hit.
Distance wise they blow away anything I have hit and it's not close. I am at least 10-15 yards further. I tried every newer iron set and these were the best for me. More then just pure distance I think the forgiveness is something that makes these stand out.
As I play with these more I will keep posting in the thread and hope to have more thoughts

10-15 yards is huge... Guess it's time.

10-15 yards is huge... Guess it's time.
Playing with daddio I personally saw that he gained a full club with these irons.
He was like a kid in a candy store hitting them :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

First round with these in the books. These will be a lot of fun. Need to adjust to new distances.
Couple of things that stuck out. Had 160 to an elevated green and I took out a 6 iron and shot it 10 yards past the green. That shot would have been a 5 iron in the past for me.
Last hole had 225 to the hole and it was an elevated green again. Took out my 4 iron and was hoping to get it to the bottom of the hill and chip on. I smoked it and it landed about 3 feet from the front of the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back