Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

Just finished binge watching season 5 ... wish season 6 was already done!!

They're beyond the books and the story lines are going to fork more drastically this year. I read an interview with GRRM a while back, when they were writing this season he said something to the effect that starting this season they are going to be different story lines because of the minor changes they made in earlier seasons.

Spoiler
One of the big ones is that lady stark was resurrected by the red priest after the red wedding in the books, but was not in the show. In the books there is a pretty big confrontation between lady stark and the lady she asked to protect the girls, lady stark ends up having her hanged. Sansa hadn't married Peter or the psycho, and hadn't made it back to Winterfell.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the diverged stories. I'm hoping Bran makes it back and is the badass I think he should be.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I haven't gotten that far in the books yet, but are you talking about Brienne?

They're beyond the books and the story lines are going to fork more drastically this year. I read an interview with GRRM a while back, when they were writing this season he said something to the effect that starting this season they are going to be different story lines because of the minor changes they made in earlier seasons.

Spoiler
One of the big ones is that lady stark was resurrected by the red priest after the red wedding in the books, but was not in the show. In the books there is a pretty big confrontation between lady stark and the lady she asked to protect the girls, lady stark ends up having her hanged. Sansa hadn't married Peter or the psycho, and hadn't made it back to Winterfell.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the diverged stories. I'm hoping Bran makes it back and is the badass I think he should be.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Woah woah ... did you get to the end of a Dance with Dragons? Your spoiler is off. It is known - as much as anything is known in these damn books! :D

As for the TV Series: My deadpool money is on the Boltons. Ramsay kills his dad & wife. Not sure who kills Ramsay but I'd love it if they mirror Varys and his retribution and they ship Ramsay in a box to the Iron Islands to Theon. GRRM likes to revisit / foreshadow things over and over again.

Woah woah ... did you get to the end of a Dance with Dragons? Your spoiler is off. It is known.

I honestly don't remember how far I got. I remember reading the confrontation, and the outcome was very murky but it appeared that she had died.

I honestly don't remember how far I got. I remember reading the confrontation, and the outcome was very murky but it appeared that she had died.

My man, I get ya. As much as I love the world of ASOIAF, it took me multiple tries to get through them all. Multiple times I had to go back to previous books to read passages that didn't make sense and confused me. One character would describe something, but some alert would go off in my head that the exact same thing/person/whatever was described completely differently by another person. This last time, I read them straight through, so many details and twists, and names, and houses and ... ugh.

At the end of the book ...

Spoiler
Brienne finds Jamie, she tells him to help her save Sansa from the Hound, but Jaime must go with her alone. Then they ride off together. Could be a trap? Where's Pod?

Yes. That her name. I always forget her name.
Yeah, I don't blame her. On her watch Brenly died, Kat died, and she left her post waiting for the candle from Sansa. I heard that the first season is the only one to follow the book. Then it gets crazy.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't blame her. On her watch Brenly died, Kat died, and she left her post waiting for the candle from Sansa. I heard that the first season is the only one to follow the book. Then it gets crazy.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

They did stray from the book in places, but I like when they did. Looking forward to seeing the series, because I don't believe George Martin will actually finish the books before the show is done ... if he ever actually does finish them at all.

Next book due out in 2018 I've heard.. I am a huge fan of the books and enjoy the spin they put on the TV series. I live in Michigan, so F Ned Stark because "winter is OVER!!"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You can also watch great commentary for GOT on YouTube by emergency awesome. He is very good at breaking down all the hidden meanings, history of houses, and posts when new trailers come out and breaks them down.

Very cool

Can't wait for the new season to start!

Great video! The anticipation is real....

I seriously can't wait to see where things go this season. Getting into uncharted territory now!

Just finished season 1, don't know why I waited this long to start, can't wait to start in on season 2!

I seriously can't wait to see where things go this season. Getting into uncharted territory now!
This will be interesting. Has there ever been a series that out-ran it's own source material? Not changed it but actually surpassed it like this?

I am trying not to watch any of the trailers at all for this season. Do not want to spoil it!

This will be interesting. Has there ever been a series that out-ran it's own source material? Not changed it but actually surpassed it like this?
I don't see that it has out ran it's material. The stories are all over the place as reference to the time frames. Plus grrm gives them all the material they need if they travel to far too fast. Sadly it takes the book like 5 years to release the next edition.

This is by far the best TV series created. Walking dead IMO is #2 but a distant #2.
Tho the intro of Negan will help drive ratings!!

I don't see that it has out ran it's material. The stories are all over the place as reference to the time frames. Plus grrm gives them all the material they need if they travel to far too fast. Sadly it takes the book like 5 years to release the next edition.

This is by far the best TV series created. Walking dead IMO is #2 but a distant #2.
Tho the intro of Negan will help drive ratings!!

By 'outran' I mean temporally, not artistically . Most of the arcs from Dance with Dragons were covered last season. I know GRRM is contributing, but there are no more books to pull from. Not until 2018 (last I heard).

By 'outran' I mean temporally, not artistically . Most of the arcs from Dance with Dragons were covered last season. I know GRRM is contributing, but there are no more books to pull from. Not until 2018 (last I heard).

I don't think they normally allow it to go past the released books. Usually, they'd just put the TV shows on hiatus until the books get further along.
That's what usually happens with anime anyways. lol

Yeah 2018.... I look forward to getting my hands on that. Also heard they might do spin off to the series following the targareyan line.
This season will be interesting to say the least!

Nah they won't do that. They will finish the series in the next 3 years from what I've heard and watched. But who know...

Really looking forward to this seasons premier! It should be very interesting!

I don't think they normally allow it to go past the released books. Usually, they'd just put the TV shows on hiatus until the books get further along.
That's what usually happens with anime anyways. lol

They are not going to wait for the book... GRRM has discussed this at length on his blog.

Back