What Are You OCD About When It Comes To Golf?

I don't care if I drive the cart or not, but let me write down the scores, or at least my score.

Some people write down chicken scratch that you can't read. Let me keep the card or take a photo of it then you can trash it or keep it.

Or just keep your score on an App or Skycaddie

Or just keep your score on an App or Skycaddie
Only electronic device I use during Golf is my Rangefinder.

I like after the round going thru each hole with hitting a fairway, or missing one right, missing a GIR, greenside bunker, etc.

Ive actually bean referred to as OCDean...lol for other things mostly having to do with filth, germs and food eating etiquette. As for golf my one biggest issue is that I have to a clean and non scuffed nor discolored ball. Crazy I can putt with one that's even a bit dirty but beginning each hole if I cant clean it I grab a fresh one till I can clean that one. I wont use a scuffed one ever. Even a small nick/scuff is no good in my head. I wont use a ball I found that isn't mine even if its the same ball and its perfectly good condition. I use to buy mint used balls and even then I would only use my own bought balls and again once scuffed or stained I wont use it...lol Crazy stuff I know. The only time I make exceptions is when Im playing so poorly that I just give a crap anymore or if I may have lost too many balls that day.

Or get the SkyCaddie SX500! https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/111478-SkyCaddie-SX500

If it's good enough for @Canadan, it must be good. And I have to say it is. It keeps track of all those stats you want as well.
Looks cool.

I just like writing down my score and putting in where I wound up on the specific hole. It's an extra 5 minutes after the round to key all of that in on my app and I'm good to go.

SkyCaddie, GC Quad, Foresight, GolfBuddy, GolfCaddy 5000, etc. Not for me.

So what are you OCD about when it comes to golf? I'm sure we have had threads on this one before but.

I'll start ...

• Keep 3 tees in my right pocket, 1 of each length, along with two ball markers ... a dime (for marks in someone's line) & a large THP Coin (manhole cover) or something similar (just makes it easier to find & see on the green)
  • Glove goes in the back left pocket
  • Clean clubs all the time, after every shot. Absolutely no dirt left in the grooves for optimal spin rates
  • Clean the clubs & grips thoroughly with warm soap & water after about 3 rounds
  • Apparel has to match ... hat & shirt & shoes especially. The old "look good, play good" adage, right? Just ask Mrs. Nut, she says I'm as bad as a woman when it comes to picking out what I'm wearing to play golf.
  • Will only wear a Titleist or THP hat
  • Will only play with a #1 ball (Titleist ... especially if I've bought the balls myself) especially in tournaments or THP events
  • Ball is marked with 2 black dots & line down the side stamp. Sometimes I'll change it up & mark the dots with 1 black & 1 red. Even then some people are still trying to hit my ball. :)
  • Will only use a broken tee found on the tee box on par 3's
  • Clubs have to be in descending order in the 14-divider bag. Driver & woods at the top, then irons down to the wedges with the putter in the middle of the wedges.
  • Carry 3 towels .... 2 for sweat & 1 for the clubs. Sometimes a few more on days I know it's going to be hot.
  • Carry my rain pants & extra gloves in the bag at all times. You never know when a passing shower will come by. Plus I go thru about 2 - 3 gloves a round when it's really hot out.
  • Replace worn grips at least once a year, sometimes more depending on how often I am playing.

There are probably more but we will start with those.

So THP'ers .... what are you OCD about? Let's hear it

Thats.... Quite the list there sir. :D Agree on the clean clubs. I carry two tees. One long THP tee and a regular one for par3s & short par 4s. I will absolutely always use a broken tee first if I can find one in those situations. Also change out my grips yearly. Otherwise, one ball in each pocket and every club goes in its spot in the bag whether I'm using a 5 way or a 14 way divider bag. Hate it when I have to look for something.

Where do I begin,

I must carry three coins in my pocket
I tee my ball with the alignment line to the right
I carry to stubby tees for par 3s
I have to have two towels
I get my own yardage

These for me as well.

Looks cool.

I just like writing down my score and putting in where I wound up on the specific hole. It's an extra 5 minutes after the round to key all of that in on my app and I'm good to go.

SkyCaddie, GC Quad, Foresight, GolfBuddy, GolfCaddy 5000, etc. Not for me.

GPS watch does all of this rather unobtrusively, but I'm with you Steve. With all the tech, I still prefer to write it all down on the card and review it when I'm done.

Use Blockhead tees for driver.
Brush the crud out of the grooves after every shot
Except the 64 wedge if I hit a bunker shot. Then I leave the sand on it for the extra grit and spin on the next shot I take with it.
Three practice swings.... they're not really practice swings as much as they are swinging the club back and forth to feel the tempo and the club head before stepping in and making the shot. Done as fast as most people make one practice swing and step in.
The ground under my feet on the tee has to be flat. I will move around until I find a flat spot.

Use Blockhead tees for driver.
Brush the crud out of the grooves after every shot
Except the 64 wedge if I hit a bunker shot. Then I leave the sand on it for the extra grit and spin on the next shot I take with it.
Three practice swings.... they're not really practice swings as much as they are swinging the club back and forth to feel the tempo and the club head before stepping in and making the shot. Done as fast as most people make one practice swing and step in.
The ground under my feet on the tee has to be flat. I will move around until I find a flat spot.

I'm with you on the flat spot.

This is a fun thread. For me:

- Always have to have tees in the cart in the little holes provided, and if they're aren't then in the cup holder. I don't like getting tees out of my bag. Just want to grab one from the cart and go.
- Refuse to use a new tee on a par 3. If I can't find a broken one, then I'll let a playing partner hit and then snag their broken tee, or will break a new one in half.
- Head cover always has to be on the driver when in the bag. 3 wood and hybrid, it's ok to toss the head cover in the basket. But driver always has to be covered.

This is a fun thread. For me:

- Always have to have tees in the cart in the little holes provided, and if they're aren't then in the cup holder. I don't like getting tees out of my bag. Just want to grab one from the cart and go.
- Refuse to use a new tee on a par 3. If I can't find a broken one, then I'll let a playing partner hit and then snag their broken tee, or will break a new one in half.
- Head cover always has to be on the driver when in the bag. 3 wood and hybrid, it's ok to toss the head cover in the basket. But driver always has to be covered.

Haha yes it is fun to hear how weird we all are lol!
Yes on the headcovers!! Except I HAVE to cover all of them (after wiping) every shot - D, 3w, 3, 4, 5, hybrids.
I have ridden with people that throw their driver in w no cover and it bangs against the cart canopy the whole time!!
It KILLS ME! I usually end up saying something (even though I try hard not to)
I have never purchased tees in my golf life and am working hard to force myself to quit picking them up as I have enough for the next 20 years!

I keep different sized tee's in separate ziplock bags. And that's about it.

I need to be more OCD when it comes to pre-shot routine.
Hmm, I should do that. I'm always searching for my small tees

On the golf course, I take my keys out of my right pocket and put 3 balls, a couple of short tees, a couple of long tees, and my divot fixer with attached ball marker in there.
I couldn't do it in a tournament, but one of those balls is for putting. I play random balls I found up to the green but always putt with the same type of ball.
I have a wet towel to wipe my clubs off after every shot.
I have a brush on my bag when the dirt gets really impacted in the groves.

Whiskey

I am particular about having two extra balls in my left front pocket. I don't know why, but I feel weird if I don't.

Clubs left to right and can’t share a space unless I designate it, otherwise it throws me off.

Ball mark, divot tool and provisional ball in left pocket.

Tees in right pocket.

Car keys in front pocket of golf bag.

Driver cover stays off until end of round.

Repairing every substantial ball mark I find on the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not remotely either "obsessive" or "compulsive" about anything in life, much less golf. I wonder how many people throw around that term "OCD" to mean they are either "really picky" or "superstitious", not realizing how amazingly difficult life if for a mentally ill person with an actual obsessive-compulsive *disorder*.

Rant over.

The only thing I am really picky about in golf is my hands and the club grips need to be fairly clean. Meaning no sweat or sunscreen on my hands and the grips don't turn my hands gray or black every time I pick them up. It's hard for me to believe how many people I play with who play a dozen or more rounds without even wiping down their grips with a wet towel and whose golf gloves look like they've been worn to tear down an engine.

Now I'm not talking about a Jordan Spieth habit of asking for a towel before every shot. Just cleaning my grips after each round and wiping my hands off on a damp towel if they get dirty while I'm playing.

Nah....I have too much fun playing golf to be superstitious or picky about anything.
Besides, I've got way too many swing thoughts constantly going on in my head. :bulgy-eyes:

Only thing that drives me nuts is people not repairing their ball marks on the green. I literally cannot walk by one without fixing it. Other than that not much.

Right front pocket - 1 long and 1 short THP tee, divot tool and ball marker.
Left front pocket - the ball I'm playing and an extra. The extra isn't marked until it is put in play.
Clean clubs
To help remind me to move it back, I flip my ball marker if I have to move my ball out of someone's line.

Clubs need to stay in the same spot

Phone in left pocket

Ball/markers/divot tool/ tees right pocket

Towel back left

Scorecard back right

Glove gets velcroed on bag

Back