What Are You OCD About When It Comes To Golf?

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
So what are you OCD about when it comes to golf? I'm sure we have had threads on this one before but.

I'll start ...

• Keep 3 tees in my right pocket, 1 of each length, along with two ball markers ... a dime (for marks in someone's line) & a large THP Coin (manhole cover) or something similar (just makes it easier to find & see on the green)
  • Glove goes in the back left pocket
  • Clean clubs all the time, after every shot. Absolutely no dirt left in the grooves for optimal spin rates
  • Clean the clubs & grips thoroughly with warm soap & water after about 3 rounds
  • Apparel has to match ... hat & shirt & shoes especially. The old "look good, play good" adage, right? Just ask Mrs. Nut, she says I'm as bad as a woman when it comes to picking out what I'm wearing to play golf.
  • Will only wear a Titleist or THP hat
  • Will only play with a #1 ball (Titleist ... especially if I've bought the balls myself) especially in tournaments or THP events
  • Ball is marked with 2 black dots & line down the side stamp. Sometimes I'll change it up & mark the dots with 1 black & 1 red. Even then some people are still trying to hit my ball. :)
  • Will only use a broken tee found on the tee box on par 3's
  • Clubs have to be in descending order in the 14-divider bag. Driver & woods at the top, then irons down to the wedges with the putter in the middle of the wedges.
  • Carry 3 towels .... 2 for sweat & 1 for the clubs. Sometimes a few more on days I know it's going to be hot.
  • Carry my rain pants & extra gloves in the bag at all times. You never know when a passing shower will come by. Plus I go thru about 2 - 3 gloves a round when it's really hot out.
  • Replace worn grips at least once a year, sometimes more depending on how often I am playing.

There are probably more but we will start with those.

So THP'ers .... what are you OCD about? Let's hear it

My clubs have to be clean and in order.

They have to be in the right slots at all times.

Club gets wiped off after every shot.
Clubs will get cleaned after every round with soap and water. Grips once a month.
Clubs are in order in bag.

I'm sure there are other things but that tops the list.

Tees and markers always in front right pocket
Carry WAAAAY more golf balls than I will ever need, just more of a mental comfort knowing I can have a really bad few holes and not worry about needing more balls at the turn

Clean clubs. No grass stains and clean grooves. Clean ball even if it has scratches I need it to be clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having clean clubs and a clean ball are top of my list. Clothes and shoes and such definitely have to match.

Where do I begin,

I must carry three coins in my pocket
I tee my ball with the alignment line to the right
I carry to stubby tees for par 3s
I have to have two towels
I get my own yardage

Not really OCD, but to be comfortable, I need my main ball and tees in right pocket, marker and provisional left pocket.

Ball currently in play, two tees, repair tool, and ball marker in left pocket.
Extra ball in right pocket.
Clubs in their proper places in 14-way bag.
Always a broken tee on a par 3. If I can't find one, break one instead of pushing a full length tee all the way down.
When starting a new box of balls, play the sleeves in reverse order from #4 down to #1.

Clubs have to be in order. I have to have one long and one short Martini tee in my right pocket along with the ball in play as well an extra ball. Ball Mark repair tool in the right person pocket as well. I probably have a few more that I can't think of right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not much.

The only thing for me is clean grooves before every shot

Use only white tees, carry 2 in front right pocket
Mark ball with coin placed where the dead President is looking down the line at the hole

Nothing at all that I can think of.

I wouldn't call it OCD, but I do ensure my clubs are wiped after every shot to keep them clean and I make sure they are in order in my bag (14 way) just to make it easier to know where they are when I want a particular club

I'm not a big cleaner of clubs, I'll give them a proper clean once a month or so.

If I'm putting I have to have my glove in the back right pocket, feels weird anywhere else, plus I can't have any extra stuff like phones or scorecards in my front pockets

I wouldn't say I am OCD, but I have some organization. I generally have all my stuff in right front pocket (ball, tees, divot tool, ball mark). I keep my glove in my back left pocket, but sometimes it ends up in my right too. I keep a small towel in my back left pocket (to wipe my ball on the green). I usually start with 1 plastic tee and end up with several as I play. I love picking up tees. I will say one thing I do when playing is fixing pitch marks while other players are chipping if I hit the green on approach. I figure it's something I can do for the course.

As DataDude mentioned above me, I'm organized but for golf I don't have OCD. I like my clubs clean and clean them, if they need it, after each shot and I have a 14 way bag because I like to know where each club is at. That's about it.

Yeah, 14 way full divider is a big thing for me. Each club has its designated spot. If they somehow get out of order, i can't function.

I use the same quarter as a ball marker for every round, and have since the first round of The Gauntlet in 2014. After I line up my ball on the green, I twirl my putter once clockwise in my left hand as I step to the ball.

haha these are great I thought I was OCD but now I feel pretty tame - I like the dead president has to look toward the hole! lol
That said, yes clubs are very specifically ordered in bag depending if I ride or carry it gets reversed.
I've been to a few courses that didn't have a water bucket for towel dipping and I get panicky, and start looking for a puddle, cooler lake or anything so I can have a wet towel for clubs, couple tees right pocket, magnetic marker which sticks to my divot tool in left pocket along w two balls.
I am a cheater - I could never find a good way to clean my ball on the greens so I started just carrying two of the exact balls and if it's muddy from it's divot I just put it in my right pocket and use the clean one ( I know, I know) never in any kind of turny or official type event

I keep different sized tee's in separate ziplock bags. And that's about it.

I need to be more OCD when it comes to pre-shot routine.

I don't care if I drive the cart or not, but let me write down the scores, or at least my score.

Some people write down chicken scratch that you can't read. Let me keep the card or take a photo of it then you can trash it or keep it.

Back