I might be late to the party on this, but I just became aware of it (Nicklaus course)

Hamfist

I promise not to murder Canadan.
Reaction score
Handicap
30+
Ya its the old Spring Valley course. They changed the entire layout (which is good and bad) but it should be an awesome course. But for that area, its really risky asking too much for greens fees

Ya its the old Spring Valley course. They changed the entire layout (which is good and bad) but it should be an awesome course. But for that area, its really risky asking too much for greens fees

I forget, is it going to be public or private?

Looks nice!

I was just discussing those very points with a coworker!

Im not positive of that. My uncle was the one in a bidding war against this group that ended up winning the bid. Apparently they are going to be a public course but also have a couple different high end restaurants attached. I wouldnt be surprised to see them be a semi private course similar to how Red Tail was when they started up. I know they paid $5,000,000 for the course and are putting another $5,000,000 into the remodeling and renovating. Its going to be fantastic when it opens up

Looks like it is going to be nice, guessing this is a west side location? Us East Siders don't know anything about the west....

Looks like it is going to be nice, guessing this is a west side location? Us East Siders don't know anything about the west....
Ya about 30 minutes west of Cleveland down 90

Ya about 30 minutes west of Cleveland down 90

Depending on green fees I'd be very interested in checking it out if it's open to the public.

My wife's family lives up there, in Vermillion. I would like to check this out...also depending on green fees, of course.

Depending on green fees I'd be very interested in checking it out if it's open to the public.
I hope its not a lot. Spring Valley was high 40's and they never took care of the place. Granted, the owners ran out of money but still, that area cant support an expensive course. Look at GreyHawk

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the greens fees when it opens? $75-90?

$130 peak of the rack rate is my guess. About the same as Avalon Lakes. Not really sure if the area around here can support a public course with that price point so I would think they will go the semi private.

when is it supposed to open? not sure if I caught that when looking at the website

I thought it was supposed to open towards the end of this year. Pretty sure the simulator bays are open already. Haven't heard how the grow in has gone so far.

The October 2015 google earth view looks like on the front 9 had started to grow in so I assume that will open before the other one.

Back