golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
https://www.phatgolfscooters.com/

I really want to get one of these! They look fun & could be helpful to speed up play. Kind of the same thinking of the single rider cart .... but a lot more fun!

My only question is would the courses in my area agree to allow me to use it? Would I have to pay a walking fee or a riding fee? Even though I have my own cart.

If they are good enough for Pat Perez, they are good enough for me! :act-up:

scooter.jpg

Interesting for sure.

I would absolutely ride one of these

I emailed the company to see what the options are. Hoping they sell to individual golfers & not just to clubs.

One of the local courses here has similar bikes. My take: carts are so last season compared to these.

One of the local courses here has similar bikes. My take: carts are so last season compared to these.

Much smaller footprint too as they about 1/4 - 1/5th the weight of a cart. better for the course. Also would speed up play since each person can go to their balls at the same time.

Much smaller footprint too as they about 1/4 - 1/5th the weight of a cart. better for the course. Also would speed up play since each person can go to their balls at the same time.
And addition to that, you'd have big balls of steel riding these instead of a sissy cart :)

I wonder what the price will be? The scooters can be obtained for roughly $1200 without the bracket for a bag.

I think I would like one of these a little more

HTB12cV4f6ihSKJjy0Ffq6zGzFXap.jpg

Those would be fun. Especially here in the hill country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max MPH? Can I “Dukes of Hazzard” a bunker with them? I need more answers.

If it’ll hit 25 and I can really ramp a medium sized bunker I’m in.

Seriously, at least as serious as I get, they seem like a good idea but I’d be afraid how many of them would end up in a lake or otherwise ruined in a year for a course. It’ll almost have to be something that individual golfers have to bring on their own. If I owned a course, there’s zero chance I’d rent these out unless I charged each golfer to take one their full purchase price and then refunded them all but the rental price once they brought them back.

I saw a piece on these on Golf Life recently. I think its a wonderful idea. Who doesnt love riding a scooter and I like the notion of having my own vehicle and not having to ride in a cart with someone that I dont know and have no intention of socializing with.

I received information on the scooters. If I can convince my local club to purchase a few, I would get commission on them! Sweet deal. I'm definitely pondering one just for myself though. Depends how many courses in the area would let me use it? I emailed the one closest to me to ask if they would. Crossing my fingers :fingers-crossed:

scooter#2.jpg

That kickstand looks like it would do a number to the ground though

Max MPH? Can I “Dukes of Hazzard” a bunker with them? I need more answers.

If it’ll hit 25 and I can really ramp a medium sized bunker I’m in.

Seriously, at least as serious as I get, they seem like a good idea but I’d be afraid how many of them would end up in a lake or otherwise ruined in a year for a course. It’ll almost have to be something that individual golfers have to bring on their own. If I owned a course, there’s zero chance I’d rent these out unless I charged each golfer to take one their full purchase price and then refunded them all but the rental price once they brought them back.

Top speed of 20 mph.

My only concern is that it may be slow going up hills because the max hill climbing capacity is 20* Max. Guess I better play flat courses. HA!

I'd consider buying one, but not for $3500. That seems to me to be double the value.

Back