Free Taylormade M2 6 Iron

Are they different this year, haven't used them since 2014

I missed out on this, but if anyone would like to pass theirs along after they're done with it, I wouldn't mind giving it a few swings.

I signed up but wasn't selected. Was hoping to get one to use as an "arroyo" club.

Have a tee time for tomorrow so it will be my first time testing it. I currently have an Adams A12OS 6 hybrid right now and any shot on the course that I use the 6 hybrid I am going to throw down another and use the M2 as well. Haven't had a chance to make it to the range so no clue on the distance. I have a feeling it is actually going to end up somewhere between my 4 and 5 hybrid distance wise. Sadly I somehow left my 5 hybrid on the course and never go returned so I won't be able to compare it with that.

Will list every shot with it recording how solid the ball strike was(toe, heel), perceived launch angle perceived height and how fast it stopped. I hit the ball really high and often spin back my 6 and 4 hybrid a few feet so I doubt we will see any difference in that area. Swing weight is D1 for my hybrids and D2 for the M2 so it isn't a huge difference

Would love to get this on trackman but don't have the ability so subjective review will be the only review I can do at the moment. Playing with 7 THP'ers this weekend as well so I will see who else wants to try it to get the best review we can for us sad people who aren't going to club clash.

I brought this club to the range last night - first impressions are the offset definitely promotes a draw (hit several high draws mixed in with hooks)

Ball flight is extremely high for a 6i and found it very easy to hit...however, the feel was just awful for me - felt "hollow" no matter where I hit it on the face...my 2 friends I was with felt the same thing.

Great technology and easy to hit club but just not for me...

I signed-up, but obviously not chosen. I wonder if this was a random pick or if there was some criteria they were looking for?

I didn't get one but my son did so I'm sure i'll be giving it a bunch of swings.

Forgot how short the course is I was playing, got to swing the club twice and hit it poorly both times so have no meaningful feedback except 2 awful shots went about 170 and 175. If you have a big right miss you will be a fan though. Will comment more when I actually get to hit it at the range.

I received mine sometime in the last week. I was away in Florida actually playing golf. I'll be checking it out at the range this weekend.

Anyone with a regular flex graphite shaft looking to pay it forward I am certainly interested in hitting this. I was chosen for the Speed Bladez testing a few years back and like them so well they ended up in my bag. I am always looking for distance as I am nearing old age, not there yet but it is close. :smile:

I will gladly pay shipping should anyone decide to decide to send one on this way.

Oh, as a coincidence- it is a "Demo" day at my local range on Saturday. Soooo, I'll get to check this one out as well as a bunch of others. But I'll be able to bring this one back home.

So I got two, if anyone in the western suburbs of Chicago wants one hit me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone with a regular flex graphite shaft looking to pay it forward I am certainly interested in hitting this. I was chosen for the Speed Bladez testing a few years back and like them so well they ended up in my bag. I am always looking for distance as I am nearing old age, not there yet but it is close. :smile:

I will gladly pay shipping should anyone decide to decide to send one on this way.

I didn't get one either, Randy. Maybe they didn't want to send one to "old" guys. I forget, did we have to tell them our age? HaHa

I didn't get one either, Randy. Maybe they didn't want to send one to "old" guys. I forget, did we have to tell them our age? HaHa

I think so Ken, I know I received the RBZ and the Speed Bladez so maybe I have passed the magic number after all. haha

I think so Ken, I know I received the RBZ and the Speed Bladez so maybe I have passed the magic number after all. haha

Now that you remind me, I still have an RBZ 6 iron new in box that they sent me that time. By the time they sent me that, I had already won a full set, so I never opened it. Meant to pay it forward, but, not sure if anyone wanted it at the time.

signed up thanks!

Sadly nothing here either.
Does anyone know if they were looking for a particular handicap range for this demo, or was it just luck of the draw?

I got one a few days ago. Hit a few balls with it on the range and it definitely gave more altitude than my current 6i. Felt good too.

Got to the range with the club, it is odd I can't quite but my finger on it why. The thing sounds weird, every shot sounds like a mishit no matter what even when they get hit well, that is probably what the poster was talking about with the "hollow sound". It really doesn't launch all that high though. I was comparing it to a 6 and 4 hybrid though. Launched lower than the 6 and peak height was lower which is fine since I hit them high enough. Similar launch to a 4 hybrid with slightly less peak height probably due to less spin. Went farther than the 6 for sure, I would say the decent ones were going 180-185 range which is about what my 5 hybrid went till I lost it.

Not a fan of the shaft, can't put my finger on it but probably a bit light and loads weird, it was the 88 gram stiff I think. Now I would need to get on a launch monitor to say for sure but I think the landing angle was pretty good, it seemed to have a penetrating ball flight where the peak height happened farther down range than hybrids then came down steep. Can't say for sure though.

Since I have a gap in my bag do to a lost club I will actually keep it for now. I like the fact it goes far but didn't balloon up in the wind which is a huge problem with hybrids. I could see my self buying a 5 iron to go with it and using that no bridge the gap to my 3 hybrid. If I do keep it I think I will either soft step a dynamic gold x400 shaft or hard step an S300 shaft, little more weight and loads better than the stock shaft imo.

I can't imagine ever using a 7 iron to short irons in this club, maybe the M2 pro or having a mixed set with The Rsi2 or psi.

Overall I think it is a good club and will work well for some people. Especially those who don't hit mid irons well but don't want to use a 5 hybrid, these will make a perfect club to bridge the gap between a players club to hybrids. The sound is really weird though but that doesn't matter much for ball flight.

B+ club overall

I think the whistling sound it makes is a turnoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am bummed I didn't get one. I am a TMAG iron homer and would have loved to test this one out more. I think you should definitely try to test these clubs out!

Didn't get one here either...bummer

Had my chance this AM at the range to give it a go. As well as it being a demo day so I could pop a few other clubs that are similar. First impressions- whistling noise is odd, but only really noticeable on the practice swing. Sound on contact is as previously mentioned. A bit 'clunky' instead of 'clicky'. Had to make a couple of adjustments to hit it correctly, it was 1/2" shorter and lie a little flatter. Once that was done, I hit 3 of the M2, then 3 of mine and repeated that for a bit. Of course it was longer and higher. Loft is same as my 5 iron, and is weighted to get the ball higher. Offset is a bit severe for my swing so there was a bit too much draw on the ball. I didn't want to make TOO many changes as to mess up my usual swing once I went back to my work. I hit a few with a Bridgestone GI model (forget which one). It just FELT and LOOKED wrong. I could not hit it worth a lick, so no real comparison there. Then popped a few from Cobra (again, forgot model) and was able to hit that one about the same as the M2. It sounded better and went straighter with less offset. Kind of moot, really since ALL of those clubs are well out of my price range at the moment. Having said that, I liked the potential results of a properly fitted M2 set, but I'm okay with my current set for now. Lottery win? yeah, I'd go for them if cost were no object.

As a side note, they offered a 10 minute tracking station session with one of the teaching Pros as part of a $25 deal (Large bucket w/130 balls, raffle entry, demos, hot dog and a drink, as well as the session.) Got my numbers checked . 10 minutes doesn't seem like a lot but it was plenty to hit about 10 7 irons and 10 drivers with a bit of an explanation on the numbers and results. It was also supposed to include a "mini-lesson" with the tracking but I think he realized that I didn't really need or want something that might mess me up. Afterwards he sent me a spread sheet with the numbers. Shots 9,10, 11 were a goof- forgot to change settings from iron to driver. Only real comment he made was that my "smash factor" was a a tad low on the irons but good on the Driver. Overall, I'm pretty pleased. (Columns don't line up exactly right, but you'll figure it out.)

Shot Club SS Ball Sp Smash F Launch A. Dir. Spin Carry Total
17 Iron79981.2420.8 Straight5689137142
2 7 Iron831011.2221.4 Straight5951141146
37 Iron821021.2420.8 Straight5953143148
4 7 Iron82991.2121.7 Straight5818139144
5 7 Iron84981.1722.9 Straight5814137142
6 7 Iron821001.2221.4 Straight5863140145
7 7 Iron821021.2420.8 Straight5953143148
87 Iron781031.3218.4 Straight5961145150
12Driver1021421.3915.1Straight2863231252
13Driver1041461.414.8 Straight2847239260
14Driver1041411.3616 Straight3079230251
15Driver1021441.4114.5 Straight2751236257
16Driver1021441.4114.5 Straight2751236257

If you can get that driver spin down you will pick up a few yards for sure.

Agreed, problem was (I think) the tees (those rubber things) they had were a tad bit short. I didn't feel like going all the way back to the car to get my set. Too me it seemed about 1/4" short or so. equator of ball was just below the top of the face. I normally have it a bit higher than that.

Also, they were using Range Balls for the session. They were brand new straight out of the bags, but range balls none the less.

But overall, I'll take it at my age (55).

Back