2019-2020 NBA Season / Draft Thread

I don't understand why a team like New Orleans "expands" their deal to help the Lakers create more cap space.

Why? Why would you take on all these extra contracts to help out another team?

The Kyrie and Durant thing to Brooklyn is great. Let Kyrie sour another team.

Every single day Woj has rumor after rumor, looking forward to having players sign so I can stop reading all these "reports" every day in the news.

This New Orleans thing is borderline hysterical. Its like "lets make sure the Lakers are cool, and then we can worry about us".

This New Orleans thing is borderline hysterical. Its like "lets make sure the Lakers are cool, and then we can worry about us".

Doesn't New Orleans want to surround Zion with actual usable free agent talent? Lets just take all the garbage from the Lakers, and tank another year.

On a side note.... man I hope Kawhi resigns, even if only for a year or two. Worried to see what the franchise does if he leaves.

Doesn't New Orleans want to surround Zion with actual usable free agent talent? Lets just take all the garbage from the Lakers, and tank another year.

On a side note.... man I hope Kawhi resigns, even if only for a year or two. Worried to see what the franchise does if he leaves.

Lebron already saying he will take a backseat to Kawhi or others. Its comical how much of a politician this guy is, nothing but pandering.

Jimmy Butler being traded to Heat

Lebron already saying he will take a backseat to Kawhi or others. Its comical how much of a politician this guy is, nothing but pandering.

The pandering is at an all time high knowing he lost out on Butler....Kyrie....Deandre...Durant

Dude doesn’t take a backseat to anybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This offseason is hysterical. Live look at Lebron after killing multiple teams with his brilliant GM moves.

giphy.gif

Haha I laughed.....outside on my porch by myself. Neighbors already think I’m nuts soooo it’s ok

Haha I laughed.....outside on my porch by myself. Neighbors already think I’m nuts soooo it’s ok

Hahah. I mean I remember the pandering back to Cleveland and then getting that stiff Kevin Love. Now he is doing it again.

I hope they all say no, but sadly that won’t happen and already have Davis. The modern NBA could be so good without a lot of this.

Hahah. I mean I remember the pandering back to Cleveland and then getting that stiff Kevin Love. Now he is doing it again.

I hope they all say no, but sadly that won’t happen and already have Davis. The modern NBA could be so good without a lot of this.

Totally agree. He did it here too. I don’t think they land Kawhi. Think there’s a chance he resigns a max w Toronto. Orrrrrr......the clippers. Don’t think he is a 2nd or 3rd fiddle kinda guy anymore

KD and kyrie taking less then the max so there is room for DeAndre Jordan

Kyrie Irving and KD to the Nets is what many are saying

Russell sign and trade to warriors

De’Angelo Russell to Golden State in a sign and trade. 4yrs, 117M. De’Angelo Russell. 29.25M per year. The apocalypse is upon us.

I’m laughing my ass off at GSW going from Durant to Russell and paying that much for the privilege. Enjoy looking at the trophies on the wall, the run is over.

Actually have enjoyed the craziness of the last 24 hours with contracts being thrown around like candy.

Leonard the final domino?

Brain hurts with all these crazy deals.

So far as of this moment, the Celtics are looking like the winners of all this.

And really Bulls can you be even more out of the picture during all of it?

Last edited:
Kawhi to Miami with Butler? Or stays in the "We the North"? I don't know.

Not a lot of Jazz fans on here I'm assuming, but they low key have had a great off seasons so far. Upgraded the PG spot by trading for Mike Conley, signed Bojan Bogdanovic from Indiana and added Ed Davis to fill some of the hole left by letting Favors go to New Orleans. Conley and Mitchell are going to make one hell of a back court and Bogdanovic and Ingles are going to open a lot of space in the key. Defensively the Jazz are just as strong as last year and they get several upgrades on offense.

Kawhi to Miami with Butler? Or stays in the "We the North"? I don't know.
Vegas last night had Lakers -400. Clippers +500. Raptors +800.

Not a lot of Jazz fans on here I'm assuming, but they low key have had a great off seasons so far. Upgraded the PG spot by trading for Mike Conley, signed Bojan Bogdanovic from Indiana and added Ed Davis to fill some of the hole left by letting Favors go to New Orleans. Conley and Mitchell are going to make one hell of a back court and Bogdanovic and Ingles are going to open a lot of space in the key. Defensively the Jazz are just as strong as last year and they get several upgrades on offense.

going back to the Eaton/Malone/Stockton days, long time hater of the franchise but...I would argue with your low-key assessment. They made major, major deals and are looking like a beast. Very high profile, big impact moves.

I don't know if I am ready to crown them "team to beat" but they are definitely in the conversation and I would not argue with someone who made that claim. On the bright side, this version is a lot more likable than the old Jazz. I actually like Gobert and Mitchell for example. Seem like good dudes. And Davis...you are gonna love that guys hustle and team first attitude. He fits your "low key" acquisition assessment but will be a great one.

Maybe time to let go of the past, but it is hard. With Eaton dropping double axe handles, Malone and Stockton teaming up as one of the dirtiest duos outside of Detroit...a lot to overcome. Some of us will never forget the bloodbath Malone turned Grants face into...but he ain't on the team anymore...this version I think I can actually pull for a bit if/when the Blazers are eliminated. You should definitely enjoy the season.

If I were in Vegas I would drop 20 on the Blazers. Shockingly good off season on paper, upgraded multiple positions...excited to see if Whiteside, Collins and Bazemore can provide the expected defense up front and if Simons can take 10-15 minutes of quality time a night...they have somewhat of a bench. Tolliver can stroke the three, Hood is Hood...I am excited. Lets get this thing tooled up!

Side note, I hope Leonard gets minutes in Miami and absolutely tears it up. Very likable dude.

going back to the Eaton/Malone/Stockton days, long time hater of the franchise but...I would argue with your low-key assessment. They made major, major deals and are looking like a beast. Very high profile, big impact moves.

I don't know if I am ready to crown them "team to beat" but they are definitely in the conversation and I would not argue with someone who made that claim. On the bright side, this version is a lot more likable than the old Jazz. I actually like Gobert and Mitchell for example. Seem like good dudes. And Davis...you are gonna love that guys hustle and team first attitude. He fits your "low key" acquisition assessment but will be a great one.

Maybe time to let go of the past, but it is hard. With Eaton dropping double axe handles, Malone and Stockton teaming up as one of the dirtiest duos outside of Detroit...a lot to overcome. Some of us will never forget the bloodbath Malone turned Grants face into...but he ain't on the team anymore...this version I think I can actually pull for a bit if/when the Blazers are eliminated. You should definitely enjoy the season.

Ah, Portland guy. I get it. I can see why you'd hate Malone/Stock/Eaton if they weren't on your team. But I loved those guys as a kid. Eaton had a great story - working as a 7'4" car mechanic before a J.C. coach convinced him to give basketball a try. Stockton and Malone are obviously two of the all-time greats in the sport.

As for the low-key thing, I agree that the acquisitions aren't exactly minor. Bogdanovic and Conley are going to be huge and Davis is super solid. I was more referring to them being overshadowed by the other blockbuster moves, especially when those moves might not end up making as big of an impact as the Conley and Bogdan moves. Regardless, the Jazz aren't often very aggressive in the off-season (kind of hard to be), so this has been a lot of fun. Can't wait for the season to start.

I keep checking to see Leonard’s news. Dudes been loving Toronto life but at the end of the day it is all about the all mighty $

I keep checking to see Leonard’s news. Dudes been loving Toronto life but at the end of the day it is all about the all mighty $

If it was strictly money, wouldn’t he be able to get the most and longest from Toronto?

I don’t know enough about the CBA in the NBA, but seems to be the word.

If it was strictly money, wouldn’t he be able to get the most and longest from Toronto?

I don’t know enough about the CBA in the NBA, but seems to be the word.

As of yet the Raptors will be the highest bidder. But there may be others who can match

As of yet the Raptors will be the highest bidder. But there may be others who can match

Raps can give 5 years and $190 mill, other teams can only offer 4 years and $141, though I’m assuming paying taxes in both countries basically makes that a moot point.

Raps can give 5 years and $190 mill, other teams can only offer 4 years and $141, though I’m assuming paying taxes in both countries basically makes that a moot point.

Which makes this less about the money, IMO. If Kawhi plans to leave Toronto why would he sign a long term deal? As salary cap increases his value will continue to increase even if he has a catastrophic injury like KD

Back