Cobra KING Tour RAW Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Cobra KING Tour Raw Wedge has been used by a few different tour players and now it is available exclusively at Club Champion. We wanted to get the lowdown on them, so caught up with Brad Syslo at Club Champion HQ and had him give us the info.

Interesting equipment placement and better to hear from Me Par Three himself.

Very cool

I'm curious as to the feel of this versus the MIM wedges?

I am not sure I understand the reason for offering what would likely be a very popular option through a relatively small retailer. That being said, this is a very cool option.

Still surprised they went this route with the Raw heads as far as an availability outlet, but, I dig that they are in fact available.

Nice. I can’t wait to get fit up by club champion this winter. I’ll probably stay away from 200/pop wedges but def will give the regular finish option a try. Wanting to stay in that 149-159/wedge bracket so I can get 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they weren't a CC exclusive

I wish they weren't a CC exclusive

Agreed completely but then again I’m not a raw (tartare?) kind of guy.

So I'm confused as to the release history with Cobra. I think it's
King wedges
Pur Wedges
Black wedges (which were black pur wedges?)
MIM wedges (only versatile grinds)
Now raw tour wedges which are like a sequel to PUR?

King wedges
Pur Wedges
it's been quite a few years since Cobra had a radical redesign for their wedges

if it ain't broke...

it's been quite a few years since Cobra had a radical redesign for their wedges

if it ain't broke...

Haha I love their wedges. I just tend to be confused by most major brand's release patterns

Still surprised they went this route with the Raw heads as far as an availability outlet, but, I dig that they are in fact available.

They want to motivate you to shop at Club Champion. I get it.

They want to motivate you to shop at Club Champion. I get it.

Of course they do, they wouldn’t be doing their job if that wasn’t the root motivation.

King wedges
Pur Wedges
I think closest would be the original king wedges that are unplated. Pur was 304, black was dbm, and the MiM is well MiM.

Marketing wise yeah, seems close to pur but these will rust. I honestly wished more wedges were available raw. Definitely fits better with the mindset that a wedge is a tool.

Definitely fits better with the mindset that a wedge is a tool.

Completely agree. I've only owned the black wedges and then have MIM coming after a shorter test. Do you have a favorite?

Very interesting. I will have to agree with M2 on this. Pretty sure he will be a Cobra Rep after his Army career...lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Completely agree. I've only owned the black wedges and then have MIM coming after a shorter test. Do you have a favorite?
They are all very good. Probably would say the MiM has the coolest tech story and has a very soft feel. The DBM version is the best black wedge out there. Pur looks incredible. The king wedge rolled out multiple grinds.

I would say the biggest thing is the grinds. The widelow is probably the best grind no one knows about. Besides some older Cleveland wedges and the low bounce K, cobra is the lone oem actually making the grind available to people.

They are all very good. Probably would say the MiM has the coolest tech story and has a very soft feel. The DBM version is the best black wedge out there. Pur looks incredible. The king wedge rolled out multiple grinds.

I would say the biggest thing is the grinds. The widelow is probably the best grind no one knows about. Besides some older Cleveland wedges and the low bounce K, cobra is the lone oem actually making the grind available to people.

I think they and Wilson have been smart, they have a shape/design that works, they know they aren’t going to be a leader in wedge sales, so just keep that shape and tweak it with finishes or materials.

I want them. I kinda wish my wedges weren't all less than a year old. But these rocket to the top of the list as the return of the Trusty Rusty.

Oh hey there :cool:
CA07828F-805A-4991-AA24-F8BCF23BF9E4.jpeg

Do I have to pay for a fitting to get these?

Do I have to pay for a fitting to get these?
From CC? I don’t know. I got these instead of Snake Bite in my Morgan Cup bag 🤷🏻‍♂️Tour players only 😁😁

Man I love the feel of these wedges but after 2 uses they are already starting to show signs of rust. I don't know what you all like about that, it just looks dirty to me and it bugs me I can't clean it haha

Back