Ben Hogan PTx Irons Review Thread

I am itching for more info on the Event, maybe after the Club Clash this will heat up.
It's already hot in here...haha. I know what you mean as far as bringing it to the forum though. It will be here before we know it and that's when we will wish time would slow down.

For sure, I am sitting in a hotel lobby waiting for the guy to pick me up to go the jobsite. He was supposed to here 2 hours ago...ahhhh I hate wasting time. Got on the WiFi to check out.THP and see if there is any updates happening.

I am itching for more info on the Event, maybe after the Club Clash this will heat up.

What info?

FWIW, this is not the event thread.

So jealous

Just goofing off JB, it's all good. It seems no matter how I try to bump this event, I always end up in the wrong place with the wrong type question. Sooner or later I will get it right.

Just goofing off JB, it's all good. It seems no matter how I try to bump this event, I always end up in the wrong place with the wrong type question. Sooner or later I will get it right.

Talking about the event is great. You guys have a fantastic idea of what is happening already and can talk about it all day every day.
This just happens to be a review thread and one must remember that tens of thousands of eyeballs will see this thread and would want to read reviews. Its why we have a separate thread for the event and then once THPers get their set of irons from the event, will be tasked with reviewing them in the actual review thread.

10-4 and out

I was curious about the loft/launch profiles so I called the Hogan company today for more information. Long story short, there is no CG difference between the heads. The only differences are the actual lofts and the person I talked to said that the difference in height is minimal between each profile.

The person I talked to said that anyone that intends to buy a set that could get to their facility would be fit for free at a nearby range on real grass with Trackman. I already forgot their fitters name, but I was told that he is a master fitter that worked for UST for over 13 years. That's a great option to provide to people that can get to their location.

He also told me that they are working to create true fitting carts with more shaft options that will be available through some vendors and at their demo days. They expect them to be available some time in the summer.

I was curious about the loft/launch profiles so I called the Hogan company today for more information. Long story short, there is no CG difference between the heads. The only differences are the actual lofts and the person I talked to said that the difference in height is minimal between each profile.

The person I talked to said that anyone that intends to buy a set that could get to their facility would be fit for free at a nearby range on real grass with Trackman. I already forgot their fitters name, but I was told that he is a master fitter that worked for UST for over 13 years. That's a great option to provide to people that can get to their location.

He also told me that they are working to create true fitting carts with more shaft options that will be available through some vendors and at their demo days. They expect them to be available some time in the summer.
Great info. Constant CG is a pretty interesting concept, I'm curious how it will affect ball flights

Mine will be here Tuesday. Will update with unboxing pictures and inititial thoughts.

Mine will be here Tuesday. Will update with unboxing pictures and inititial thoughts.

JimmyG . . . did you receive notification that clubs have been shipped ? Does order status change on their website when items are shipped ?

thanks, anxiously awaiting similar shipment info

Keith

JimmyG . . . did you receive notification that clubs have been shipped ? Does order status change on their website when items are shipped ?

thanks, anxiously awaiting similar shipment info

Keith

Received a shipping notification via email yesterday. Just like the "order is being processed" email.

Huge tease. Just the wedges showed. No irons or hybrid.

Bummed out as I had a couple of rounds setup the rest of the week to test.

I emailed Hogan earlier today to get an ETA on the irons and the they said by end of the month. Also ordered wedges and would be thrilled to get them, but went with a non-stock shaft so guessing they had to order it before the build. So let us know how you like the wedges !

keith

They are saying mid to late May apparently for all pre orders to be filled. Little discouraging to be honest IF that's the situation but I think they will be worth the wait. Small Company with an in demand product, so to be expected.

Last edited:
If we had a Sorry button next to the Thanks button I would have clicked it.

Haha I hear ya. Really wish that they could have benefited from the hype these got around the PGA Show. Hope they still do really well with them.

Do we know any offset specs on these irons yet? Last time I checked I didn't find that number on Hogan's site. I assume the number will be inconsequential to my game anyways but the overthinker in me wants to know.

I'm not sure they ever published it for the Fort Worth irons or the wedges. The info may not be forthcoming on these.

Do we know any offset specs on these irons yet? Last time I checked I didn't find that number on Hogan's site. I assume the number will be inconsequential to my game anyways but the overthinker in me wants to know.

Saw these posted elsewhere so 2nd hand...

20-23 = .175
24-27 = .160
28-31 = .145
32-35 = .130
36-39 = .115
40-43 = .100
44-47 = .085

I could see those being accurate based off the few address pictures floating around the Internet. That would also put them in the realm of most players cavity irons and very similar to my 714 AP2's.

I could see those being accurate based off the few address pictures floating around the Internet. That would also put them in the realm of most players cavity irons and very similar to my 714 AP2's.
I could be wrong but I think they are closer to the AP1 than AP2 with regards to offset.
Either way, they look great at address!

I could be wrong but I think they are closer to the AP1 than AP2 with regards to offset.
Either way, they look great at address!

716 AP1 offset (4-PW) - .209" .177" .157" .137" .118" .110" .098"
716 AP2 offset (4-PW) - .150" .137" .122" .110" .098" .087" .075"
"Alleged" PTx (~4-PW) - .175" .160" .145" .130" .115" .100" .085"

Looks like they are somewhere in between.

716 AP1 offset (4-PW) - .209" .177" .157" .137" .118" .110" .098"
716 AP2 offset (4-PW) - .150" .137" .122" .110" .098" .087" .075"
"Alleged" PTx (~4-PW) - .175" .160" .145" .130" .115" .100" .085"

Looks like they are somewhere in between.

I thought it was interesting the offset is equally spaced between the loft "categories" for lack of a better term. Don't see that typically.

Back