Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Didn't have a good round at all in her return:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/84-tears-michelle-wie-womens-212859352.html

I know she won the women's US Open in 2014 and had a win last year, but it seems like she has spent more time injured than she has playing.
I just wonder if she will ever return as consistent good player? I'm sure she can live comfortably with her endorsements.

Just saw her interview after the round on the Golf Channel when she broke down and walked away. I think she even admitted that she's not the same and maybe doesn't have it anymore.

Didn't have a good round at all in her return:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/84-tears-michelle-wie-womens-212859352.html

I know she won the women's US Open in 2014 and had a win last year, but it seems like she has spent more time injured than she has playing.
I just wonder if she will ever return as consistent good player? I'm sure she can live comfortably with her endorsements.

Not in her current state. If she’s as beat up as she says she is, she needs to be taking months and longer off, not weeks. If you’re icing an ailment after one hole, you’re not healed up.

How much of that is her parents though :/

Its too bad really. She still has a big following, but I don't think she ever really lived up to the hype

I get the impression she was just shaken up by the pain and a frustrating round. She's only 29. If she took the time to properly heal up I think she could come back physically. Mentally? I don't know, she's been doing this a long time...

Just saw her interview after the round on the Golf Channel when she broke down and walked away. I think she even admitted that she's not the same and maybe doesn't have it anymore.

To much pressure being put on her still? She definitely doesn't give herself enough time to heal IMO.

She has all the support in the world, tons of fans, she should use that positive energy and take her time to get healthy, and maybe that won't ever happen but I doubt it, just takes time, possibly years.

Really hope she turns it around and can get healthy. She brings a lot of attention to the LPGA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She needs to step away for an extended period of time to get herself healed physically and mentally. Would love to see her do that and work her way back up to a championship level.

I love watching her play, she needs to channel her inner Hogan/Tiger comeback energy. Do it right, fight back, take over the LPGA Tour.

Its too bad really. She still has a big following, but I don't think she ever really lived up to the hype

Yeah I had to check out here past results... only 5 wins in the 14 years as a pro. That shocked me.

After that interview I think she’s done being a competitive golfer. She can still be an ambassador for the game, but unless she takes off a substantial break, I don’t see her healing up.

It’s hard to tell athletes when to hang it up. They will push if they think they still have it or can work around an injury .

I wouldn't call her done yet, she just started hitting balls again last week so I think it was pretty expected she wouldn't do well this week.

After that interview I think she’s done being a competitive golfer. She can still be an ambassador for the game, but unless she takes off a substantial break, I don’t see her healing up.

It’s hard to tell athletes when to hang it up. They will push if they think they still have it or can work around an injury .

That interview was a tough one. Her comment "I’m not entirely sure how much more I have left in me" tells me she is done, at least for the foreseeable future.

I'm really not sure why she hasn't withdrawn. Is KPMG one of her endorsements/sponsorships or whatever you call them these days.

Not a perfect comparision, but if old man Tiger can come back from all his injuries and other nonsense and win Ms. Wie probably could with time and the right people behind her.

For a pro golfer to have a deep chronic wrist injury, think she can re-tool her swing to alleviate pain, and perform at a pro level? Good luck with that. Maybe with an ankle injury, not with a wrist or hand injury, ever.

For a pro golfer to have a deep chronic wrist injury, think she can re-tool her swing to alleviate pain, and perform at a pro level? Good luck with that. Maybe with an ankle injury, not with a wrist or hand injury, ever.

I don't think it is impossible, but I do think she came back to soon after the surgery to try to get back in the game. She needed more time to heal and ease herself back into game shape and she didn't do that. IMO.

I think she’s done for a while, or at least she should be anyway to get healthy and just live her life. At some point if she wants to come back and try it again then so be it, she’d probably have better luck doing it that way anyway.

I agree, she just needs to shut it down until she can get back to as close to full strength as she can before she tries again. This is sad to see, I always enjoyed watching her play and wished she had more success.

She should take a year off from full swings, heal, become the best damn putter and then learn to swing like she did as a teenager.

She is now at +17 but they are still showing a lot of her shots. Says a lot about her popularity.

I think shes done. She has never really had the mental game and always seems to be injured.

In Feb 2007 she injured her left wrist in a fall while running and broke three bones in it. She took off until May 2007 when she reinjured it playing. This went unreported until she announced it in April 2008. She continued to play in a lot of pain. No one wanted to accept the severity of the injury and she was taking 4-5 painkillers/day. This did her in.

And then there's her swing - her hip. Back in 2005 she had a very fluid swing. After she went with Leadbetter she began swinging with a very wide stance and no movement in the lower body and started having hip problems. Her swing also shortened and her distance suffered.

I think she's done.

Are wrist fusion surgeries a thing? (Joke)

I hope she gets back in good health and keeps in touch with her fans. If that’s on the course in competition great, if not that’s ok too. LPGA needs her around in some capacity.

Honest question. Who is her swing coach?

Her swing just looks uncomfortable and painful and I'm sure it leads to all of these injuries she's had. She has herself all wrapped up in kinesio tape everywhere and just always seems to be battling some sort of injury.

Back