Guinness Book Of World Records Recognizes Golfers Amazing Achievement

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
Is this possibly the greatest round of golf ever played by an amateur? Seriously .... 3 Holes-In-One in the SAME round!?

scorecard_zpsfgbulque.jpg

View Story Here: http://www.golfstylesonline.com/GS15_WillsStory.html

+4 handicap!?! Good Lord. Everything about that guy's golf game is incredible, of course not the least of which being this scorecard. Can he loan me a hole in one? Sounds like he has a few to spare :p

Wow, that's an incredible story and an amazing round!

Hole in ones on 289 and 334?!?!?!?!! What the hell?!?
That's freaking beyond words.

WOW that is just amazing.. Same some people just have a great day some days.. This just happened to be his day and wow he took advantage of it.. Hope he was able to afford the drinks after that round lol..

Two par 4 aces is insane. The golfer in me wants to believe this guy, but the skeptic in me doubts the validity.

What's even more amazing to me is that he put together 3 rounds, 68-57-66, all in the SAME DAY during the "Summer Solstice Tournament."

Did he get struck by lightning on the 18th hole?

Amazing round!! I hope that guy bought some lottery tickets!!!!

Wow that's an incredible story.

Love this story, it's certainly the round of a life time. The amount of doubt that arises in reaction to this is only more of a testament for the golfer's monumental achievement. I wonder if all the doubters are still in the same camp after the Guinness would record recognition?

Amazing round!! I hope that guy bought some lottery tickets!!!!

Why? It seems to me he had already used up all his luck on those three aces. :D

Yep, Patrick Willis, Super nice guy and great player and that course is no joke, as the locals know. I've played in that same event with him several years. The funny thing is when they post his scores, his gross is usually anywhere from 62 to 66 and his net is like 68 to 71. He always wins gross but sometimes finishes 2nd in net to his son who's ONLY a +1 or so....LOL

This was a local story from, I think, last year. My parents are from the area, so my mom e-mailed it to me. Apparently the course itself isn't terribly hard for a fairways and greens player. Also, while the scorecard says 6,400 yards, because the event is a 3-round endurance test all played on the same day, the second round was actually played from about 6,000 yards.

While I totally understand the doubt associated with this event, my understanding is the Air Force Major who also attested the score was a walk-on fourth, since the other two were Wills' own kids. Also, while 334 yards seems like an impossible distance to jar a par-4, the 10th plays downhill and doglegs left. I'd be interested to know what the yardage to the flag is with slope.

This was a local story from, I think, last year. My parents are from the area, so my mom e-mailed it to me. Apparently the course itself isn't terribly hard for a fairways and greens player. Also, while the scorecard says 6,400 yards, because the event is a 3-round endurance test all played on the same day, the second round was actually played from about 6,000 yards.

While I totally understand the doubt associated with this event, my understanding is the Air Force Major who also attested the score was a walk-on fourth, since the other two were Wills' own kids. Also, while 334 yards seems like an impossible distance to jar a par-4, the 10th plays downhill and doglegs left. I'd be interested to know what the yardage to the flag is with slope.

I wouldn't care if it was played on a Par 3 course .... 3 holes in one in the same round are still an amazing achievement.

I remember hearing about this sometime before, still floors me! Heck of a round and if it's 3rd part verified, by an Air Force Major none the less, then I believe it. Just wish I could get 1 HIO, let alone 3 in the SAME round! Good for him!

Steve, actually they give you a different card for each of the three rounds, this was the card for the second round, so the yardage is what he shot the 57 on, the 3rd round was played from the 6021 tees and he only shot 66 :D

BTW the first round which teed off at 6:00 AM was played from 6730 yards and was very wet due to dew and he shot 68. And having played that course every year in the event, let me tell you that yardage at that early in the morning, is brutal. I will respectfully disagree with you on the difficulty of the course. yes, while it's fairly open, many many of the holes play uphil, such as the par 5 15th. I mean 576 yards is a beast enough, but going uphill, it's killer hole.

After playing in the event for 10 plus years, I've finaly had to give it up. I just can't hit the ball far enough now to play that course. But it annually was the best day of golf of the year.

Here's the score for the entire field all three rounds, you can see how everyone else was playing for 3rd place after he and his son.

http://www.golfstylesonline.com/ArchiveResults/2015SolsticeResults/SS15_LHResults.html

Love this story, it's certainly the round of a life time. The amount of doubt that arises in reaction to this is only more of a testament for the golfer's monumental achievement. I wonder if all the doubters are still in the same camp after the Guinness would record recognition?

I still challenge it every time I see it... Mostly because I just can't fathom a round like that. It's not even realistic in Tiger Woods Arcade mode.

Two par 4 aces is insane. The golfer in me wants to believe this guy, but the skeptic in me doubts the validity.

I still challenge it every time I see it... Mostly because I just can't fathom a round like that. It's not even realistic in Tiger Woods Arcade mode.

The skeptic in me can't help but doubt too.

You know I wouldn't lie to you Dan. The guy is legit and as stand up as they come.

Freakish things happen. It's a crazy game.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Steve, actually they give you a different card for each of the three rounds, this was the card for the second round, so the yardage is what he shot the 57 on, the 3rd round was played from the 6021 tees and he only shot 66 :D

BTW the first round which teed off at 6:00 AM was played from 6730 yards and was very wet due to dew and he shot 68. And having played that course every year in the event, let me tell you that yardage at that early in the morning, is brutal. I will respectfully disagree with you on the difficulty of the course. yes, while it's fairly open, many many of the holes play uphil, such as the par 5 15th. I mean 576 yards is a beast enough, but going uphill, it's killer hole.

After playing in the event for 10 plus years, I've finaly had to give it up. I just can't hit the ball far enough now to play that course. But it annually was the best day of golf of the year.

Here's the score for the entire field all three rounds, you can see how everyone else was playing for 3rd place after he and his son.

http://www.golfstylesonline.com/ArchiveResults/2015SolsticeResults/SS15_LHResults.html

The link my mom had sent me indicated the second round was 6,021 yards, as does this one (http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/va-golfer-makes-three-aces-shoots-57/), my bad. An image search shoes he had the 6,300 yard tees circled on the card itself.

I agree that the courses in Virginia are incredibly tough early in the day, but (just my personal opinion) it's not nearly as bad if you can stay out of the rough. I've played Medal of Honor (Mr. Wills home course) a few times, and that course is just brutal to missed fairways, particularly for a hacker.

This does seem like a fun day of golf, though. Not sure there's enough ibuprofen out there for the next day after 54 holes of golf in a Virginia summer.

The link my mom had sent me indicated the second round was 6,021 yards, as does this one (http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/va-golfer-makes-three-aces-shoots-57/), my bad. An image search shoes he had the 6,300 yard tees circled on the card itself.

I agree that the courses in Virginia are incredibly tough early in the day, but (just my personal opinion) it's not nearly as bad if you can stay out of the rough. I've played Medal of Honor (Mr. Wills home course) a few times, and that course is just brutal to missed fairways, particularly for a hacker.

This does seem like a fun day of golf, though. Not sure there's enough ibuprofen out there for the next day after 54 holes of golf in a Virginia summer.

Ahh...that's the key, easier said than done for some of us (bolded part)

It was a blast and I hated to pass it up, we have also played it at Musket Ridge, Stonewall and Links at Gettysburg. If you're familiar with the Links, that's an awful awful lot of water to deal with for 54 holes...lol

A couple more things on his round that stand out. How often do 5 birdies get overshadowed on your card...LOL Also it's a shotgun start, so I don't know where they started, but it's odd he only parred the last three holes, especially the par 5 18th. By that time it could it have been either his 36th hole of the day or as early as his 19th.

You know I wouldn't lie to you Dan. The guy is legit and as stand up as they come.

Freakish things happen. It's a crazy game.

It's the kind of score I could watch in person and still not believe.

Back