Do you hit the ball longer or shorter than others on average?

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
b06a42b018b1041ed91faaf9b2c6ce4e.jpg

3e80f27fe2596342789b47b09499cff0.jpg

At to slightly longer.

Not sure what the difference is between Avg and P-Avg, but I am probably around that P-Avg for the 8 handicap. Length is not the strength of my game and I became a better golfer when I stopped worrying about it.

close to and sometimes longer than the longest of the 8 handicap. decent hits are in the 260-270 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shorter than average, but I make up for it in panache.

Not sure what the difference is between Avg and P-Avg, but I am probably around that P-Avg for the 8 handicap. Length is not the strength of my game and I became a better golfer when I stopped worrying about it.

Avg is what you would hit, good and bad. P-Avg is what you get when remove the bad shots.
ca969e787c0474e2cf4c9a9588da93ce.jpg

Looks like I am in between P-Avg and Longest for my handicap. I have only occupied that space for the last few months though.

Average to slightly above average for driver for my handicap

Usually around the p-avg with my handicap, can get a few bomb balls in there.

I am above average driver distance based on that. Oddly enough, I would probably regress to average or slightly below with irons. Something about woods I just swing well with, while irons I tend to just play short. At least I’m controlled sometimes haha.

According to arccos, my smart distance is 257 with a range between 248-280. Hit like an 8, score like a 20... about sums up my game perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

With driver I'm pretty average, but tend to hit my irons further than most guys I play with of a similar skill level.

A little longer than the 8 HC for the three categories.

Which is unfortunate considering I'm at a 19.8 HC at present.

For every 2 fairways, there's a wrong fairway or worse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

With driver I'm pretty average, but tend to hit my irons further than most guys I play with of a similar skill level.

We should combine our games. Might be pretty good then haha

I fall right between the average and p-average for my HC. I can sometimes get out there to the longest but not very often. I rely on my irons play and short game.

A bit longer than most I guess but I sure doesn’t feel that way on course. Not at all. People like @jdtox always make me wish I had their speed.

In the P average category, I am right in line with the 8.

Length is definitely not my strong suit, but I'm glad to know that I'm not lagging behind in this example.

According to arccos, my smart distance is 257 with a range between 248-280. Hit like an 8, score like a 20... about sums up my game perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is really funny. Story of my life.

A bit longer then there example 8 cap.

I am surprised by those stats and do not consider myself a big hitter. Looking at arccos, I hit the ball farther than a -8 handicap, putt like a +4 and somehow still shot a 96 last time out. All I have to do is find a course that I can hit every green without an approach or sand shot and I will be golden ;)

Of course, there are days when my irons are like a -8 and then my drive/putter are like a -30. The golf gods giveth and taketh away...
4444883ca85351b630bd04b8e7e89d79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am a little above average. Handicap is dropping though, so I might become average again!!!

I'm most often longer than the longest in the 8 cap category yet in my Wednesday club skins, I'm often one of the shorter guys.

They're STICKS.

on the internet i hit it longer than my internet handicap, which is plus 5

According to that, slightly longer. Funny, Ive always thought that I was kind of a short-hitter but I guess not.

According to that BS I should be playing at a 10, but it doesn't work out that way due to control issues.

Back