anybody try golf boarding?

I have used them. They are a fun novelty and take some getting used to. I noticed by the 8th hole I felt like i was swaying when addressing the ball. I think this is due to riding the golf board.

I might have tried them 20 years ago but not now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I rode one around the parking lot at True Blue a few years back. Cool, but wouldn’t want to use them on the course.

They had it at one course I know of around here a few years ago. Most people who rented them would go crazy over it at check in but give them up at the turn. Was too much of a workout instead of playing golf was the biggest complaint.

Yep used them twice last year. I love them. Then again I’ve surfed and snowboarded all my life. They had them at Slammer & Squire last year. I was able to slide the tail out once. Didn’t damage the grass. Tried to get my own but they are $$$$$.

Attachments

• 6505F581-691B-4489-9C37-AC3EE537623F.jpeg
    6505F581-691B-4489-9C37-AC3EE537623F.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 0
My fat ass would kill myself on one. That and let’s see it top a hill with me, 19-30 clubs, 8 dozen balls, and 4-5 gallons of beer. (Most of that is made up).

Hard pass. Not made up.

Yep I’ve used em a couple of times and gonna play tomorrow evening and use one. They do take some getting used to but I prefer them over a cart. My back feels way better after using them too vs a cart.

Never tried it but the the theme of the video you linked seems to promote golf boards for "increasing speed of play". My question is how a golf board produces faster rounds than riding a traditional golf cart ?
Everyone goes straight to their ball instead of waiting for their cart partner to hit first. I found that it did improve pace of play, but you lose a little of the social interaction of riding in a cart.

Yep I’ve used em a couple of times and gonna play tomorrow evening and use one. They do take some getting used to but I prefer them over a cart. My back feels way better after using them too vs a cart.
They are a ton of fun. I don't think they are anything for most people to be afraid of (or whatever emotion is most appropriate). They are pretty easy to get used to and are very stable.

I’ve tried a few times but it’s always been CPO so I couldn’t. I also almost bought one but I’m real afraid of repair costs and they company going under. Financials are less than stellar last I looked (they were raising cash so I reviewed everything)

PNUT and I tried it once. He was much better at it than I was since he's a better skiier/snowboarder than me. It was hard to feel comfortable leaning so far forward or backward to get it to turn. You're not going to fall over though. It was fun to try once, but I'll stick to walking.

Yep used them twice last year. I love them. Then again I’ve surfed and snowboarded all my life. They had them at Slammer & Squire last year. I was able to slide the tail out once. Didn’t damage the grass. Tried to get my own but they are $$$$$.

I have no doubt that you would make this work!

A couple of the nice courses around here offer them, but I've never tried one. I think it would be a lot of fun, but if I'm shelling out coin for a nice course I'd rather center the experience on the golf and the beauty of the course than the fun experience of riding a golf board. I think it would detract from the overall experience for me.

Everyone goes straight to their ball instead of waiting for their cart partner to hit first. I found that it did improve pace of play, but you lose a little of the social interaction of riding in a cart.

I understand what you're saying, except the proper way to use riding carts is have Player A stay on the cart and move to his/her ball, while player B is playing their own shot. Or, player A may take a club or two and exit the cart while Player B takes the cart to his/her own ball. Point being, nobody should be sitting and waiting in a cart while a partner is playing a shot.
That said, if cart riders don't have the sense to split up and not wait on each other's shots, then golf boards might produce faster rounds.

Last edited:
Im thinking its more a gimmicky attraction but actually likely ending up more a distraction from the game. Not that id have any issue with them per say.
I think there may be too much involved. Firstly the relatively small wheels are likely an issue. Likely not at all a good transport in many given places like under a tree canopy where roots are plentiful, or on very hilly terrain like on and around bunker areas on fairways and also greenside, as well as most any areas off the beaten path that so many our more errant play takes us not to mention the sometimes deep sprinkler heads and or other bumpy, holy, whatever situations. . Looks like they can also tip over relatively easy and need to be careful where you leave it even more so than we are now about where we leave our push carts and also easily become stuck in anything soggy. Add to all that the possible issues with those who partake in too much alcohol to boot.

I mean I kind of like the idea and not against them at all but Im just not seeing them as anything truly practical and may (due to all the scenarios mentioned as well as ones I didn't mention) actually end up more a pain in the butt. The pace marketing tool they use is nothing but just that and actually with all the things mentioned above it may actually be a detriment. In any case that's just a marketing tool and it certainly will not do anything towards helping that imo anyway. You would basically need a relatively flat and firm course with not all that much on it and also the same in the areas where so many amateurs end up spraying their play.

perhaps im wrong about all I posted and making too many assumptions. But if they become more and more popular I suppose we would eventually find out.

I understand what you're saying, except the proper way to use riding carts is have Player A stay on the cart and move to his/her ball, while player B is playing their own shot. Or, player A may take a club or two and exit the cart while Player B takes the cart to his/her own ball. Point being, nobody should be sitting and waiting in a cart while a partner is playing a shot...

What planet are you from?

Yes- that is the “proper” use of a cart. But folks go with the “I paid to ride” mentality 95% of the time. I know people who, after making a reservation at a pricey course, will walk away if they’re told “cart path only”.

As for the Golf Board, I know a few locals have it, but I haven’t gotten around to those yet. And if I did, I would probably spend time looking for banks to carve. 50 years of surfing and skateboarding will do that to a fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What planet are you from?

Yes- that is the “proper” use of a cart. But folks go with the “I paid to ride” mentality 95% of the time. I know people who, after making a reservation at a pricey course, will walk away if they’re told “cart path only”.

As for the Golf Board, I know a few locals have it, but I haven’t gotten around to those yet. And if I did, I would probably spend time looking for banks to carve. 50 years of surfing and skateboarding will do that to a fella.

CPO is the worst. I'd rather take my push cart and jog from green to tee if I have to keep up instead of trying to guess my yardage when I'm in the rough on the opposite side of the fairway.

I get some crazy looks when I check in at courses where I've booked on GolfNow (with cart included) and I say that I'm going to walk.

paging @slightdraw lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

paging @slightdraw lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So this morning I saw this thread.... Started to post then said naw.... I'll wait for mclovin to post. Lol

Ya they are great if the course is suited for them... Meaning open links style. Not recommended at Maderas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CPO is the worst. I'd rather take my push cart and jog from green to tee if I have to keep up instead of trying to guess my yardage when I'm in the rough on the opposite side of the fairway.

Why not just take with you 2 clubs (or at the most 3 clubs), walk across the fairway, and play your shot ?

Why not just take with you 2 clubs (or at the most 3 clubs), walk across the fairway, and play your shot ?
I've taken three clubs with me and have still not had the right one on more than one occasion. My distance judgment sucks and I laser a lot of distances inside 100 yards.

I was thinking about this today while walking and noticing how deep some the sprinkler heads are recessed. I have actually twisted an ankle a couple times and one of these times also pulled a calf muscle via accidentally stepping ion one the wrong way. And countless times ive had my pushcart jam itself into one while walking. I mean these are incidents while walking. Imagine riding one these things (more speed than walking) where we likely are seeing even less of these heads and hitting them. Problematic if you ask me.

I've taken three clubs with me and have still not had the right one on more than one occasion. My distance judgment sucks and I laser a lot of distances inside 100 yards.

If I know the course is going to be CPO, I'll purposely take my carry bag. If I'm on the opposite side of the fairway, I have zero problems pulling the whole bag and carrying the rest of the hole. Solves that problem EVERY time.

Ha! So true. Yes it’s fun to turn off a bank.

Back