Left handed carry bag any recommendations?

golfvt1

Reaction score
Handicap
I am currently using a Sun Mountain 2.5 carry bag, left handed, hate the bag. The straps are constantly twisting and every couple of rounds the straps "unhook", king of scary. Bag is 2+(I think) years old, developing a hole in the ball pocket.
Does any one make a left hand carry bag anymore and do you recommend it? How about a right hand bag that you reverse the straps?
Thanks for any feed back.

I just carry right handed. Haven’t seen a lefty carry bag before.

The only two manufacturers that I know of that did LH bags were Sun Mountain and Ogio, but that was before Ogio was purchased by Callaway. Not sure if they still do LH special order or not, but worth a call to Customer Service maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly never knew there was such a thing!

I'm left handed and either did I. I guess I have never had an issue carrying standard bags so never even thought of checking in to it.

I honestly never knew there was such a thing!

That was my first thought, also, and I'm a lefty. I just carried my bag and thought nothing of it.

I am currently using a Sun Mountain 2.5 carry bag, left handed, hate the bag. The straps are constantly twisting and every couple of rounds the straps "unhook", king of scary. Bag is 2+(I think) years old, developing a hole in the ball pocket.
Does any one make a left hand carry bag anymore and do you recommend it? How about a right hand bag that you reverse the straps?
Thanks for any feed back.
Back when I carried it was always a Ping Hoofer. I am a lefty and never had the issues you are describing. However I would forget finding a lefty carry bag and get a clicgear 3.5. Push cart mafia is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back when I carried it was always a Ping Hoofer. I am a lefty and never had the issues you are describing. However I would forget finding a lefty carry bag and get a clicgear 3.5. Push cart mafia is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had no idea I owned a right handed carry bag. Knowing how the golf business works they will probabll want to charge more for a lefty.

I had no idea I owned a right handed carry bag. Knowing how the golf business works they will probabll want to charge more for a lefty.

They don't. You'll just have to order one, almost impossible to find a shop that will have one in inventory.

The only way you'll pay more is if the shop wants you to cover the shipping costs and honestly if they do, go somewheres else.

The only two manufacturers that I know of that did LH bags were Sun Mountain and Ogio, but that was before Ogio was purchased by Callaway. Not sure if they still do LH special order or not, but worth a call to Customer Service maybe.

+1
BB.jpg

I used to use a ping hoofer. The problem I had with it was when I put a rain suit in it, the pouch would sit differently on my back. Not a big deal until I switched to a left handed Sun mountain 3.5. Bag was great but I wore it out. Bought a 2nd 3.5, loved it. Needed a new bag,left handed only in 2.5. I might loo into the hoofer again.

You can go with the classic Jones Bag that allows you to carry it on either shoulder. It’s also a single strap though

I have dealt fine with a RH carry bag. I understand wanting a LH one, but really it hasn't caused me much trouble with a RH one. The Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle bag I have works out great for me. I highly recommend checking it out. Otherwise, I wish you luck in finding something that works for you.

I gave up on that years ago. Just get a right-hand carry bag. As long as it's not one of the few with a molded top that is set up for right-hand leaning clubs, I haven't found that it makes any difference.

I used to use a ping hoofer. The problem I had with it was when I put a rain suit in it, the pouch would sit differently on my back. Not a big deal until I switched to a left handed Sun mountain 3.5. Bag was great but I wore it out. Bought a 2nd 3.5, loved it. Needed a new bag,left handed only in 2.5. I might loo into the hoofer again.

If you haven't bought one yet I'd suggest the Ogio Hauler Stand Bag. I'm left handed but its a wonderful bag to carry. Build quality is great, plenty of storage, and the stand mechanism/legs aren't rickety. Its described as being for highschool or college teams as you can upzip the pockets and embroider school logos on them. I bought the all black one and its sweet looking compared to what I see other golfers have. Its also not too expensive.

Back