Cobra One Confusion - F9 One 4i vs. 3/4 One Black Utility vs. F9 One 4H

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
Really want to go the route of one length in long iron/hybrid, but can't make up my mind which way to go.

My 2 primary concerns: I'd like as much forgiveness as I can get, but I don't want any help drawing/hooking/yanking it left. Getting the ball elevated is not a problem.

I've read through the threads, but I'd like some comparison feedback specifically on these 3 options.

I’ve wanted to try a one length hybrid out also I converted a Ping Crossover with a one length DG AMT shaft from a Cobra Utility iron and love it. I’ve been also worried about left miss with the hybrid and it’s why I don’t play one. I haven’t had this problem at all with the Crossover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Cobra driving iron in one length and have used the F7 one length irons. Driving iron has a smaller face and less offset than a F9/f7 but is very forgiving imo. It has a very thick sole and a wider top line than your standard FTB iron.

Not a hybrid guy though

Really want to go the route of one length in long iron/hybrid, but can't make up my mind which way to go.

My 2 primary concerns: I'd like as much forgiveness as I can get, but I don't want any help drawing/hooking/yanking it left. Getting the ball elevated is not a problem.

I've read through the threads, but I'd like some comparison feedback specifically on these 3 options.

I have really started to like the 3H it is so easy to hit. I have both the Hybrid and the 3UT and I personally find the hybrid more consistent for me. I do use the 3UT occasionally to tee off and get slightly lower ball flight than the Hybrid.

I have the Cobra driving iron in one length and have used the F7 one length irons. Driving iron has a smaller face and less offset than a F9/f7 but is very forgiving imo. It has a very thick sole and a wider top line than your standard FTB iron.

Not a hybrid guy though

+1
CC.jpg

I have only hit the utility/driving iron indoors in a simulator. It is going to launch lower, but, of course, you indicate that you are not needing help with launch. It might be a good option.

Don’t overlook the F9 4 iron. Other folks and I have posted about it many times in the F9 irons thread. It truly has been an amazing club for me off the tee and when I need an approach of 215-ish. Mine is shafted with a hybrid shaft.

The F9 hybrid is solid and I honestly have not found it to be draw-biased, but I know that many people struggle with the hooks with many hybrid profiles.

Although it is trite to say, the only real way to know is to get these options in your hands and see for yourself, but hopefully this helps a little.

Although I was leaning toward the One 4 Utility, I caught a great price on eBay for a One Length 5 Hybrid.

Results so far are good enough to make me think I should add the 3 & 4 One Length Hybrids as well.

I'm hitting the 5H so much better than I've ever hit a 5i, keeping it in the bag is a no brainer. I'm turning it over, but not seeing the nasty hooks I always fear. Not sure if its the rails, the length or the fact that I can make it sit open at address without feeling I have to manipulate my grip to keep it open.

It's also about 5 yards longer than my set 5i. Now I wish they made a One Length Hybrid replacement for my 6i.

Back