BIGBall I'm Calling You Out #THPCallout

At this rate we could have a match play round robin tournament! I like BigBall in this one. Should be a great time. Two great people enjoying the game of golf!!

THP call out revived. First post updated.

Date April 23rd at Royal New Kent

The site or the DMV vs Carolina THP Regional Rivalry

Straight up match play, no strokes. You are a few strokes better than me, but I usually have a blowup hole or two. So they won't kill me as much in match play vs stroke play.

Stakes: TBD but something involving you wearing Redskins or Nationals apparel when you lose sounds good :D

Tale of The Tape:

CAA_Beat trending at 20.1 currently coming off a poor league showing but working diligently on #Owning125

BigBall: To be updated

Sorry BB, I got my man Rob in this one. Can't wait to watch it unfold.

Let's go Rob!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets go, CAA_Beat! Take it to the crows fan! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going with BigBall on this one.

Got to go with the older gentlemen in Rob. We need all the help we can get!

I'm going with CAA on this one.

I'm going with Big Ball

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bumping for Big Ball. He's probably on the range working like a dog.

I am going with Rob. Go get it dude

Bumping for Big Ball. He's probably on the range working like a dog.
I'm down Rob... New position taking up a lot of time right now, but I'm getting work in. But how do I go 2 doubles, 5 bogeys and 2 birdies in 9 holes lol?

Looks like I'm still the underdog - I like it!

Gonna go with Bigball on this one. Should be fun to watch.

Just to give everyone a bit of a preview update. BigBall and I played in the same foursome on Wednesday night. it was individual storke play, so we were playing the field, not really a match against each other.

I think he shot 43 (edited after seeing stats above), I shot 50. I was undone by a quad and a couple triples, so that's 10 of my 14 strokes over on 3 holes. I did manage a few pars. He was pretty solid, with a birdie that qualified as shot of the day, on the toughest par 3 on the course, and another birdie thrown in for good measure.

We'll be playing match play, straight up no strokes. So if I have one or even two blow up holes it wont' ruin the entire match.

Should be a good time

And we're off. Big Ball up 2 after two.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

5 down after 5. I've run into a one putting par machine!!

I get one back with a par on 6. Down 4

Keep grinding Rob.

Don wins 7 with a par to my bogey. But I win 8 with a par to his bogey.

Down 4. But starting to play a bit more solid.

I par no 9 but Don rolls in a 15 footer for birdie.

BIG Ball 5 up at the turn. He had 12 putts on the front nine.

We half for the first time today on 10. Three group back up on the tee didn't help.

BIG Ball up 5 with 8 to play.

Big Ball closes it out 7 and 6. He's in point today. My game was left on the front 9?

Congrats to Big Ball. He played a really soild round of golf, especially off the tee and on the greens. I never got on track on the back 9. I was coming off two very good pars on 8 and 9. But we ran into a 20 minute wait on 10 and I just wasn't mentally strong enogh to keep the momemtum going. Have to work on thst.

We both had our share of trouble with the very thin fairways, as we both tend to be diggers and there was very little margin for error on making precise contact.

Hopefuily the fairways will be in much better shape and more lush in July.

Wow, 7&6? Heck of a round Don, that is one buzzsaw right there. Glad you guys got out and had a great day on the links.

Back