2016 TaylorMade Tour Preferred & Project a Golf Balls

Playing both and both tp and tpx are softer.....compression down on tp from 86-ish to 80.....I'm hitting it higher,further but less spin on driver....more greenside spin.....had been playing tpx which was a great ball....since the compression has been lowered, it has separated from tpx in a good way....

So the new TPx has more spin around the green and less spin with the driver? How is the feel compared to the previous version? I have about 4 dozen TPx balls yet to use so I'm not going to buy the new version yet. I love the old TPx, I prefer them much more than TP, ProV1x and Project(a) because to me they feel soft, the ball stops with my short irons, runs out a little with my longer irons and is long off the tee. Exactly what I'm looking for in a golf ball. What is it about the new ball that would make me switch?

Got some sleeves of the new 2016 Project (a) models and will be putting them in play this weekend against the 2016 chrome softs. The big seam is definitely still there, but it doesn't bug me. Will be interested to see the results with this ball though.

Picture of seam
261774203fb60654458625494888b7ee.jpg

One thing I do like right off the bat however is the double numbers. They aren't the only ones to do this, but I like it for some reason.

The seam doesn't bother me much either. I like to think of it as an alignment line for putting.

Yesterday's round I played the 2016 project (a) on the front 9 and 2016 Chrome Soft on the back. Between the two I honestly couldn't tell you what's different about them without a launch monitor. Both had similar distance, both similar iron/wedge feel, both what seemed like similar green side control, and both had very similar sound coming off the putter. I enjoyed the ball a lot. Would I buy it over the chrome soft? Not sure. But I would certainly be confident putting them in play.

The seam doesn't bother me much either. I like to think of it as an alignment line for putting.

We're one of my first thoughts as well. I like the ball but I really like it for putting

Back