The shiney finish on the F9 driver, change it?

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Playing the Cobra F9 driver and wondering if I could use a spray flat clear on the driver head. I prefer the flat/matt finish of say the Ping G410 driver. Just pondering if spraying a flat clear to dull the shiney F9 finish would have any negative effects to the F9. I don't think it would increase the swing weight much, maybe half a swing weight.

What are your thoughts?

Playing the Cobra F9 driver and wondering if I could use a spray flat clear on the driver head. I prefer the flat/matt finish of say the Ping G410 driver. Just pondering if spraying a flat clear to dull the shiney F9 finish would have any negative effects to the F9. I don't think it would increase the swing weight much, maybe half a swing weight.

What are your thoughts?

If you have not played the F9 for at least a half a dozen rounds of golf I would give it that time. My guess is you will become accustomed to the finish and like it well enough.

Good point. That makes too much sense.

Buy the Avalanche white? The crown is a matte black on this one unless you mean the carbon part of the crown.

Or just buy a ping ???

It might be easier to just take some steel wool and scuf up the surface a bit.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Put the F9 in play on 4 holes today. Shiny top isn't a bother at all. The Lamkin UTX grip was too small diameter, going to install the tried and true GP Tour Velvet 360 today. The 1st swing was on the heel, the other 3 drives were very good. Great impact sound. Dead straight results with the heavy weight fwd and the standard draw setting. Looking forward to Wednesday and hitting it again.

Back