The Car Shopping Thread

I just looked, a 2006 Titan started at 23k, a 2016 starts at 40.

An altima started at 18, and now starts at 22.
It's shocking, but even more shocking to me is that people just keep on forking their cash over for new vehicles.

What's 100k get you in the US, S8?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

$100k in the US gets you almost anything you want in a US OEM! lol The S8 starts around $114k here.

$100k in the US gets you almost anything you want in a US OEM! lol The S8 starts around $114k here.
Gotcha. I wasn't sure. Most of our prices have skyrocketed due to the poor dollar.

It's shocking, but even more shocking to me is that people just keep on forking their cash over for new vehicles.
What people are demanding or at least wanting in cars now cost a bit more. Bluetooth,backup camera, sat radio etc mainly more technology all used to be options now they are standard in many vehicle because people won't even look at a vehicle without those features thus raising the price because the manufactures sure as heck won't lose money and will view it as a way to mark the vehicles up

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What people are demanding or at least wanting in cars now cost a bit more. Bluetooth,backup camera, sat radio etc mainly more technology all used to be options now they are standard in many vehicle because people won't even look at a vehicle without those features thus raising the price because the manufactures sure as heck won't lose money and will view it as a way to mark the vehicles up

I think cars have gone up, but not an astronomical amount. But the price of trucks have skyrocketed.

I wouldn't pay $20k for a Lincoln, let alone $70k. To each their own...

Not everyone wants all that. We used the satellite radio in my wife's car during the "free" trial but that's it. We aren't in the car long enough to benefit from it. I could give or take the bluetooth. I'll buy a $50 earpiece instead if it saves me $1k. The backup camera is nice, but I've driven for 16 years without one. The government is who wants us to have the camera and probably the BT.

Not everyone wants all that. We used the satellite radio in my wife's car during the "free" trial but that's it. We aren't in the car long enough to benefit from it. I could give or take the bluetooth. I'll buy a $50 earpiece instead if it saves me $1k. The backup camera is nice, but I've driven for 16 years without one. The government is who wants us to have the camera and probably the BT.

The backup cameras should have been a law a while ago, especially on the SUVs and trucks. I may in the minority, but I'm glad to see them as standard. I've of at least one person that ran their own kid over ( possibly urban legend but wouldn't surprise me if it was true). Bad parenting aside I'd feel horrible if I accidentally backed over a kid or a pet that snuck out behind me and I couldn't see them.

Most of the other stuff I can live without, or pay more for the upgrade though.

The backup cameras should have been a law a while ago, especially on the SUVs and trucks. I may in the minority, but I'm glad to see them as standard. I've of at least one person that ran their own kid over ( possibly urban legend but wouldn't surprise me if it was true). Bad parenting aside I'd feel horrible if I accidentally backed over a kid or a pet that snuck out behind me and I couldn't see them.

I love my back up camera on my truck. It is nice especially if you are picking up a trailer by yourself. I can put the hitch right under it the first time. It saves a lot of time and has kept me from hitting a few things.

I agree on the cameras.

I love my back up camera on my truck. It is nice especially if you are picking up a trailer by yourself. I can put the hitch right under it the first time. It saves a lot of time and has kept me from hitting a few things.
That's my only use for a backup camera, they are mighty useful for grabbing a trailer.

Other than that, they can be a useful secondary tool, but you can still see MUCH more by turning your Ass around a watching behind you. You see way too many people now backing up by staring at their camera. You will never see that kid riding his bike down the street until it's much too late.

That's my only use for a backup camera, they are mighty useful for grabbing a trailer.

Other than that, they can be a useful secondary tool, but you can still see MUCH more by turning your Ass around a watching behind you. You see way too many people now backing up by staring at their camera. You will never see that kid riding his bike down the street until it's much too late.
I'm not sure people still know what mirrors are.

On my wife's Commander it had the back up sensors on it. I made a comment one day about her not paying attention and relying on them. Her response was that she didn't rely on them and she did pay attention. A couple days later she backed down the drive and right into our trash can. Her response "the sensors didn't pick it up". LOL

On my wife's Commander it had the back up sensors on it. I made a comment one day about her not paying attention and relying on them. Her response was that she didn't rely on them and she did pay attention. A couple days later she backed down the drive and right into our trash can. Her response "the sensors didn't pick it up". LOL

I fell into the same trap in my old truck. It hand sensors, and my buddy's house had a low wall you couldn't see out the back of the truck, I always relied on the sensors to pick it up. I jumped into his truck one night and backed right into it... no sensors.

I fell into the same trap in my old truck. It hand sensors, and my buddy's house had a low wall you couldn't see out the back of the truck, I always relied on the sensors to pick it up. I jumped into his truck one night and backed right into it... no sensors.

For what it's worth, the sensors are a lot better than they use to be, almost to a fault. With them on all of the edges of some vehicles now, they go off well before a car (or person) walks in the area of hitting your bumper.

I like that the they are required now, that's a good thing, but I still have to use my mirrors and turn and look I can't get away from that. I use the camera just to check for objects before I move and when I'm getting close to something, as if I'm backing up to a wall for example.

Heading over to a local dealership after work today to take a look at the new Ford Explorers. Purchase and lease are both options.

I loved my Nav and I think the current MKZ is nice and the next one even nicer with the new front end. They are making product that makes you look.Most importantly they seem willing to make changes in the "old" ways of the brand
I'm with you, this new Continental better be MORE than nice compared to the current line up. With that said, the new MKZ, MKC and MKX with the higher end packages ARE very comfortable.....and Lincoln is wanting to get "our" demographic 35-45 to look at them more, and the new Continental and redesign of the MKZ have me pondering.
I'm curious as to what the "base" Continental will be priced at and how that will ride, feel and look compared to other luxury models, like the BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac's of the world. That's what they are aiming for, but that's a lofty goal right now.

Liking the virtual cockpit on the new Audi, frees up the central screen for Apple Car Play

100159cd4531ddf3f96a965e06a7526d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liking the virtual cockpit on the new Audi, frees up the central screen for Apple Car Play

100159cd4531ddf3f96a965e06a7526d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm assuming it can be toggled back to a traditional cluster?

I loved my Nav and I think the current MKZ is nice and the next one even nicer with the new front end. They are making product that makes you look.Most importantly they seem willing to make changes in the "old" ways of the brand

They had to be, you know? They wanted to get into the luxury market and they had a design that carried to many cues of the OLD Lincoln line, and that was awful. It wasn't hard to figure out why they weren't selling, just look at them compared to other's in the segment. Heck, I work here and I'd rather have a Cadillac just on looks alone! Now, with the new 2017 front end they are starting to use, I'm finally looking at them with a "that's pretty sharp" feel. They are getting there, but they're not there....yet.

They had to be, you know? They wanted to get into the luxury market and they had a design that carried to many cues of the OLD Lincoln line, and that was awful. It wasn't hard to figure out why they weren't selling, just look at them compared to other's in the segment. Heck, I work here and I'd rather have a Cadillac just on looks alone! Now, with the new 2017 front end they are starting to use, I'm finally looking at them with a "that's pretty sharp" feel. They are getting there, but they're not there....yet.
First step is to cease all those awful Matthew McConaughey commercials.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Man I hate that guy, the wife has a MKX bought it when they 1st came out and still loves it. Perfect size SUV for her.

Man I hate that guy, the wife has a MKX bought it when they 1st came out and still loves it. Perfect size SUV for her.

I new MKX is soooooo comfortable!

Back