Tour Edge HL4 Driver and Fairway Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Will there be HL4 hybrids and irons this time around?

Awesome to see a 12* driver loft option in the std head.

Are these matte or gloss heads ?

Excited for this release.

Good on Tour Edge for announcing this line. Lots of sound tech packed into this inexpensive package. Look forward to reviews on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm intrested in how their fittings for these will go, and their business model around it. Seems to be a more mobile and flexible fitting brought out by Tour Edge. A 48 hour turn around for custom orders, with logical prices makes sense to me.

The HL3’s were quite good, so I’m happy to see them continue to improve that line.

Their turnaround time on custom orders is also second to none, so cool.

HL3 offered a really good value to golfers. Titanium driver with cup face under 200 is a heck of a deal. Keeping the FW price down below 150 is pretty killer too as we've seen other companies approach $3-400 for a FW.

As a high handicap golfer playing older clubs, this really peaks my interest. 200 bucks for a driver that can be custom fit, turned around in 48hrs, and has the tech of weights, titanium, variable face, and titanium?

As a high handicap golfer playing older clubs, this really peaks my interest. 200 bucks for a driver that can be custom fit, turned around in 48hrs, and has the tech of weights, titanium, variable face, and titanium?

I usually go after new clubs that are 2-3 years old, to keep driver costs under $200. So I agree, there are a lot of factors working in Tour Edge's favor here. I'm having my first experience with Tour edge playing the EX10 Beta 3w. I've been very impressed thus far, so this driver intrigues me even more.

I usually go after new clubs that are 2-3 years old, to keep driver costs under $200. So I agree, there are a lot of factors working in Tour Edge's favor here. I'm having my first experience with Tour edge playing the EX10 Beta 3w. I've been very impressed thus far, so this driver intrigues me even more.

I have used the XCG6 irons for some years now. I like TE as a whole.

I have used the XCG6 irons for some years now. I like TE as a whole.

They have been on my mind since THP went to their HQ a few months ago. Great interview with lots of good Q&A that really lead me to check out Tour Edge more.

I play and love the HL 2 driver, It looks like my wallet will be $200 lighter in a month.

They have been on my mind since THP went to their HQ a few months ago. Great interview with lots of good Q&A that really lead me to check out Tour Edge more.

Glad you enjoyed that. We did as well.

JB, with this driver being $199 and the EXS being $299, do you think most golfers will still go towards the EXS? I understand the HL4 is 1/3 the price of the EXS, but for $100 more you get high end materials, a lot of adjustability, a range of premium shafts, and an overall forgiving club.

JB, with this driver being $199 and the EXS being $299, do you think most golfers will still go towards the EXS? I understand the HL4 is 1/3 the price of the EXS, but for $100 more you get high end materials, a lot of adjustability, a range of premium shafts, and an overall forgiving club.

Im not sure I understand the question honestly. I don't think most golfers gravitate towards any particular driver.
If you are looking at just those two options, then I think it would be up to the golfer (its not 1/3 the price).

High end materials matter to some and not to others, in the end fit and performance, along with budget will decide that and fortunately there are a lot of choices for golfers. Price equates to quality for a lot of golfers, so with that, there will be some that gravitate immediately towards that end of it without trying both.

Im not sure I understand the question honestly. I don't think most golfers gravitate towards any particular driver.
If you are looking at just those two options, then I think it would be up to the golfer (its not 1/3 the price).

High end materials matter to some and not to others, in the end fit and performance, along with budget will decide that and fortunately there are a lot of choices for golfers. Price equates to quality for a lot of golfers, so with that, there will be some that gravitate immediately towards that end of it without trying both.

Sorry, I meant the HL4 was 1/3 less the price of the EXS.

My understanding was that the EXS favored players with faster swing speeds. So I would be more inclined to look at the HL4 in spite of how close they are in price. I really like their HL3 ironwoods - I have the 18* and 20*. So the new driver intrigues me.

Does anyone have any in hand pics of the Driver? Curious if this has a gloss or matte type paint finish.

Re-posting as I put this in the wrong thread:

So I’v been trying to rebuild the top end of my bag to get some better production. Like my EX10BETA 3w off the tee but not so much off the deck. My Rogue HW is great off the deck but not really long enough. Picked up so Epic Flash Fairways from CPO, however I just struggled with them. Went to PGATSS to hit the EXS Fairway woods and really like them. Almost pulled the trigger on a 3+ and 3HL. While the sales person went to get an iPad so we could order the EXS that I needed, I grabbed the HL4 3w Demo club and man, what a fit. I was looking for a club that I could get 200 yards off the tee and the HL4 got me there no problem. I got a couple up to 120 mph ball speed. The HL4 reminds me of the original JGR Fairways which I loved. So I ordered a 3 & 5 wood. Should have them for next weeks rounds

I gamed these HL4 clubs today. Man these are good quality clubs. The whole line is solid, but I think the FW's and Iron Woods are the standouts. The FW's are long with a good launch angle, and the Iron Woods are very forgiving. I like offset, so I have to say I play better with these better than I did with my beloved Altitudes I gamed for so many years. Tour Edge did a top-notch job.

713ad0954054f9710a93740e9a54e8e5.jpg
0d4ced8403cc63cfc477e59d195399fd.jpg

These came to and going in the bag shipped in 24 hours!

Going right to the course.

Nice man, play well. Update on how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really getting along with these Fairway Woods. Finding them really easy to hit of the “Deck”. Best shot with them so far happened today. Nice to be able to drop a 200yd shot within 12 feet of the hole.

b195eaa6a79759a1f3007d49f7e4f209.jpg

Last edited:
Another great tee shot with the HL4 3w last night. And it was that straight. Think If the greens weren’t punched, I’d might have been closer to the hole.

Attachments

• 571E32B7-0D80-4A6E-BFE2-583048483C69.jpeg
    571E32B7-0D80-4A6E-BFE2-583048483C69.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 14
Another great round with these HL4 Fairway Woods - 5W won me a Closest to the Pin on a Par 3
While they might a just a tad bit shorter than other clubs I have had in the 3W and 5W slot, they are DEAD Straight for me.
I'll give a little yardage to be straight.
Can't speak highly enough about these clubs.

Iceman, do you have the regular or the offset?

Back