Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone into Diesel trucks? I have a 1999 Ford F250 with a 7.3L Powerstroke. Have had it for 12 years. Absolutely love the truck, have done a lot to it, and am at 550hp. It's about time to get something newer. I'm looking at getting either a 6.4 or 6.7L powerstroke. What do you drive??

I have a 2000 F-250 with the 7.3 also. Best diesel engine Ford had. Everything is still stock. Have close to 300k miles on it and still get 15-17mpg.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Yea, I love this motor. It has been great to me. 187K miles on it. Been Modded since about the 50K miles, lol

Use to be really into diesels until $4 and more gallons of diesel came about. I've had and '06 Cummins, 3 duramax's and a pos 6.0 powerstroke. Almost all of them I put cash into. My best was an '06 duramax, 3.5" lift, afe intake, edge programmer,banks exhaust 2 flat screens in the rear headrest and one drop down flat screen. That baby would run, got ready to buy EFI programming but just couldn't afford the cost to drive anymore and went back to a gasser.

I have an 06 dodge 2500 and love it when its needed. It's stock and I get 20-22mpg in it. I bought it new and it has almost 90k on it. I don't drive it daily any more cause I don't need it daily anymore.

I rode in a new 3500 dodge the other day and that truck is sooooo quiet compared to mine not sure I like that.

I have to ask with 187k what's the reason to get rid of it? The motor should have quite a bit of life left in it.

I have an 08 F350 crew cab with the 6.4. Run a Spartan tuner, AFE intake, and DPF delete kit. As one of my friends says, the truck is "Stupid". The current tune puts about 575 hp and 900+ lb of torque to the rears and gets around 16 in town and 18-or so on the highway depending on the weight of my foot. Have around 135000 miles tuned for about 50000 of those and I love it!

Shame America hasn't embraced diesels in cars. Sure they sound crap, but my diesel in the UK producing 200bhp and over 300Ib/ft of torque made up for that. I'd love some diesel performance out here, especially on these roads.

Shame America hasn't embraced diesels in cars. Sure they sound crap, but my diesel in the UK producing 200bhp and over 300Ib/ft of torque made up for that. I'd love some diesel performance out here, especially on these roads.

We're getting there. Just seen 2 commercials for 2 different company's for cars with diesel engines

Diesel trucks

We are getting there Mercedes and Audi are pushing there new diesels, VW still has theirs and Chevy is supposed to put one out in the cobalt. Dodge is supposed to have one in their half ton this yr.

The big deterrent here is the price difference in gas vs diesel and the extra cost for the diesel motor.

I did the math a few yrs back when diesel was cheaper to find the break even point on cost of motor vs fuel savings and it was like 5k-7k miles a year over 4-5yrs to break even. With the higher price of diesel fuel now over gas I'd hate to see where the break even point is.

Don't get me wrong I think diesel is the way to go especially in trucks for fuel mileage and biodiesel is much much better than ethanol is, but until fuel price and motor costs come down I don't see the conversion to diesel in the states happening.

Biggest regret I have is selling my 05 ram 2500 with the 5.9 cummins built at 950 to the wheels. Sold it for an x runner. Stupid decision and shortly sold for a golf tdi. Had to get something diesel. Looking to getting another turbo diesel truck in the next couple months after I finish a boat build.

I had an '80 Toyota Hilux diesel in high school. Fun truck. Not sure Id consider another diesel truck unless I absolutely needed it for hauling. Considering the premium that you pay for a diesel engine over a gas in terms of initial purchase and in maintenance, I dont feel that its really worth it, unless the truck is loaded down all the time to where it would strain a gas engine to the point of early failure.

I just sold this one. 2008 F250 with the 6.4 PSD. Intake, exhaust, DPF delete, H&S 225 tune. Made 532hp/1098tq on the dyno. Sadly, I'm back in a gasser truck for now due to buying a house and needing to cut some spending

ae475bec133b10b04e410e49b2a37ef6.jpg

This is my custom signature

I just sold this one. 2008 F250 with the 6.4 PSD. Intake, exhaust, DPF delete, H&S 225 tune. Made 532hp/1098tq on the dyno. Sadly, I'm back in a gasser truck for now due to buying a house and needing to cut some spending

ae475bec133b10b04e410e49b2a37ef6.jpg

This is my custom signature

Nice!

Looks like Ford is going to get into the 1/2 ton/F-150 diesel model either in 2017 or 2018, for what it's worth. I'll let you know more when I know more from the factory.

03 GMC Duramax 6.6. Great fuel economy.

My diesel

2016-01-20-12.48.521-400x300.jpg

CZXxXPkVIAAlRnF.jpg

IMG_1062-L.jpg

IMG_1059-L.jpg

Had a VW diesel and loved that car, hope that my next truck is a diesel.

2010 F250 6.4 Still running stock everything. Bought new ordered the way I wanted it and just as happy today driving it as I was the first day. This is my first diesel pickup and towing and plowing are just effortless with it.

IMG_1019-Edit_zps06e73c5b.jpg

i have a 2004 ford f350 with the 6.0 and the zf6 on stock head bolts with over 210000 miles and counting. i'm not looking forward to doing the head studs, but it runs perfectly!

i have a 2004 ford f350 with the 6.0 and the zf6 on stock head bolts with over 210000 miles and counting. i'm not looking forward to doing the head studs, but it runs perfectly!
The 6.0 has a terrible rep (deserved) but once you change out the head studs and do the egr delete they run like a top. Sometimes the stock turbo likes to self destruct but that's less common.

If you have a good one id hold onto it.

The 6.0 has a terrible rep (deserved) but once you change out the head studs and do the egr delete they run like a top. Sometimes the stock turbo likes to self destruct but that's less common.

If you have a good one id hold onto it.
im running my 6.0 with factory headbolts around 210,000 miles, but i have the egr delete done. im thinking about doing headstuds new oil cooler and coolant filter sometime this summer.

Back